IGNORED

Who's buying a Switch at launch?

The Mighty Ash

Who's buying a Switch at launch?  

502 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Wii U had hit Nintendo's sales targets most of this lineup would probably have been the Wii U's twilight year and I'd be losing my mind in anticipation. 

As it is I don't feel okay with dropping £250+ (whatever it is) on new hardware yet, especially when I can get BotW for Wii U. It's a decent lineup and I'll probably get a Switch a few years down the line when I've milked the Wii U and 3DS dry.

It's good stuff, but it's not quite enough for me yet.

I'm definitely buying day one, had my preorder in at GAME since the first reveal. I'm an idiot and usually buy consoles day 1, this for me isn't one I think I will regret, I think the Switch looks like a great piece of gaming hardware and I do believe the third party software library will be better than the Wii U's. 

I can understand why most people are put off with the cost but I don't find it too bad, I was expecting £250 basic and a £300 premium pack so somewhere in between is fine.

No. There are some promising titles in the presentation but I'm kind of on board with Sony at present and I can't think of spreading gaming spends across another lot of hardware. If there are some killer exclusives in the future that I absolutely need to play, then maybe, but then again I remember thinking that Bayo 2 would sell me a WiiU...

26 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

Too much stuff to list. 

But my personl bugbear is when NPC characters just loop a 3 second animation and you get text box of slow scrolling dialogue.

Or slow text boxes generally.

This isn't 1997.

You've been able to click through text boxes in Zelda games since ever

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

And look what happened to the rest of the world with a decent free pack in......

Certainly worked for the Wii U's variant of the launch mini-game collection, or the later pack-ins...

Even the Japanese bought Wii Sports in fairly decent numbers, despite it not being a 'free' forced bundle option, so I think having a decent compelling game is more the concern, not whether it happens to be forced bundled or not.

I chose Eternal Darkness as my 'free' forced bundled game when I bought a GameCube, never even bothered playing much of it in the end. Can't remember what the other choices were at the time. The Xbox I bought came with 4 'free' games, only ever bothered replaying Halo 2 out of that lot, the rest still remain in their shrinkwrap to this day. I'd rather get the console cheaper than pay more for a 'free' game included, but that'll never happen as bundling is just a mental value trick to justify a higher price 99% of the time.

Bit jealous of those who've gone with the coloured joycon version. The more I see of it the more I like it. Amazon didn't have it listed when I placed my pre order. Hopefully, Nintendo will release a SNES coloured joycon combo eventually. Hah, then who'll be laughing! Not me, as I hand over £80! Urghh.

3 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Bit jealous of those who've gone with the coloured joycon version. The more I see of it the more I like it. Amazon didn't have it listed when I placed my pre order. Hopefully, Nintendo will release a SNES coloured joycon combo eventually. Hah, then who'll be laughing! Not me, as I hand over £80! Urghh.

Same!  I realised that the Neon edition was on Amazon about 2 hours after I placed my "opening minute order"  Not a chance I was fucking with that when Amazon say that preorders will be honored for release in the order that they're made.  The extra neon pads are available separately anyway so it's not the end of the world.

Cancelled my preorder.

Thought about keeping it and selling on/trading in at CEX if there is a demand, but then I've always disliked the idea of making a profit whilst taking a genuine buyers chance of owning at cost.

2 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Buy a second set of joycon in the neon colouring for 2 player Arms?

I'm warming to it. This morning I just thought "what?", mainly over the price and the lack of launch games. Now I'm thinking Zelda & Bomerman day one; Fast RMX later in March; Mario Kart in April; Disgaea 5 in the Spring; and hopefully some Dragon Quest Heroes by the Summer and wow awesome.

The JoyCons are £69.99 on the Nintendo store. Pretty sure the Pro Controller was also cheaper than on Amazon but Amazon doesn't have a price anymore.

Still ridiculous but that £5 saving might buy you a NES game to play for a month.

14 hours ago, clippa said:

Nope. I'm out.

Nintendo, you blew it. Waggle shit, paid online, no games. It's worse than the wii-u.

I was hoping this would be nintendo back on form, aiming the console squarely at their now ageing, there from the start, diehard fans, making proper games with standard controls. Going back to what they do best. But no, it's gimmicks and crap all the way.

If gameseek honour my 200 quid preorder and nintendo pull their low supply to increase demand bullshit, I'll sell it on for a profit.

Good luck capturing the grannies, mums and bairns market again, nintendo, you're gonna need it.

This for me too. I'm really disappointed. It looked so dynamic and brave from the first glimpse video. The basic cost of the console isn't a problem for me but all the bolt ons I'd need to buy. I didn't feel ripped off with the Wii U as I had all the Wiimotes etc. and online was free but I honestly think this is a rip off.

When Red Dead 2 comes out, I'll buy that and a console.

The waggle shit was there to remind people who liked the Wii that they liked the Wii. We all know waggle will disappear after a small glut of nothingy launch window games.

It's the same old shit. It's always the same old shit. Do you want the Nintendo first party games? Buy the Nintendo console.

17 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

The JoyCons are £69.99 on the Nintendo store. Pretty sure the Pro Controller was also cheaper than on Amazon but Amazon doesn't have a price anymore.

Still ridiculous but that £5 saving might buy you a NES game to play for a month.

:lol::) I'm in!

Nah, I'll stick with the Wii U, buy Zelda for that and pick up the few U games I still want while waiting for XBone S's to go sub £200.

If course I'm fully expecting them to switch off the MK8 & Splatoon servers about 5 mins after the Switch launches because Nintendo (no I won't fucking understand!!)

I watched a recap video on youtube, this one... and you know? I think the console has a lot of potential. And the concept is as strong as ever.

Indies are very happy with the Switch and I expect japan to fall in love with it.

Nintendo games + indies + japanese  games are more than enough potential for me to go and get it.

EA, Activision, Ubi, 2K. You are welcome but not needed.

I am pretty excited that is comming so soon. Shame that the line up is not as strong as I expected. But honestly I have limited time for gaming these days.

Pre-ordered along with Zelda Special Edition and waiting on being able to order the pro controller too (from amazon).

Most probably won't have the money, but a man can dream for at least a month.

More realistically I'll probably end up grabbing Zelda Wii U, and then see what kind of bundles they do in time for Mario Odyssey's release.

Day One is disappointing for sure, but we 'still' don't have enough details to judge well enough, which is noones fault but Nintendo's of course.

I'm more concerned over the price of periperials and games. £60 games and £60 controllers is pricing yourself out of the family market. Plenty, and I mean plenty, can happily live without Switch for gaming due to the pricing alone. And why isn't 1, 2 Switch packed in? Worst decision ever.

This is, unless some miracle happens or the next 3DS handheld is coming, the Dreamcast. Enjoy it while it lasts. I know I will.

Nintendo have always been at their strongest when they're struggling. Breath of the Wild and Mario proves this much like the GC era. Arms to me looks plenty decent too.

32 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

Nah, I'll stick with the Wii U, buy Zelda for that and pick up the few U games I still want while waiting for XBone S's to go sub £200.

If course I'm fully expecting them to switch off the MK8 & Splatoon servers about 5 mins after the Switch launches because Nintendo (no I won't fucking understand!!)

To be fair to them they only switched off the Wii and DS online because they were through Gamespy and that company was shut down. Hopefully the WiiU servers will last a little longer.