Jump to content

Super Bomberman R - Metal Gear Update - Snake, Raiden, Contra, Goeman added! Stages & More!


Thread Owner
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah everywhere i have seen so far has said that Bomberman is £20 over the price of what it should be. I expect to be able to pick it up for £10 within 2 months. (which is the price it should have been from launch and would have sold more IMO)

 

If they stuck in every SNES version as well as unlockable extras that would have been neat. Something about the old 16bit style that sits right with me. Never liked the 3d incarnations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like the vast majority of other Switch to be owners I really want this. 

Bomberman Live has become a Friday night ritual for my family. But at £45 it's not happening.

I'd push going to £30, then again my families joy not worth that extra £15?

Ah no! Resist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a bit crap really, so I'm thankful I only rented it. For a tenner it'd be worth having for the four player battle mode, but there's nothing else here that makes it worth the asking price.

 

Just tried to play online with a mate but we couldn't work out how to add a second player in. Instead we played the battle mode with a couple of COM characters, both of us died, so we then had to watch the two dumb AI Bombermen walk around in circles for another couple of minutes. We put the 'story' mode on and turned it off after three levels.

 

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me and the missus play the local co op mode and have had some fun, though the characters talking are a bit annoying. Obviously not worth the price but still a decent title for your switch collection. Though you would be better off with Fast RMX and Snipperclips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

This is a bit crap really, so I'm thankful I only rented it. For a tenner it'd be worth having for the four player battle mode, but there's nothing else here that makes it worth the asking price.

 

Just tried to play online with a mate but we couldn't work out how to add a second player in. Instead we played the battle mode with a couple of COM characters, both of us died, so we then had to watch the two dumb AI Bombermen walk around in circles for another couple of minutes. We put the 'story' mode on and turned it off after three levels.

 

:(

 

Sounds like you got brapped!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought it - played it for about 3 mins on launch day then haven't touched it since

 

It wasn't that terrible (didn't seem that good either but I accept I've not given it a crack, controls felt a little off using the joycons, lacked precision) but any time I get to use my Switch seems wasted if I've not got Zelda on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loved early Bomberman and will no doubt get this at some point, it's just I have too many good games on the go at the moment!

 

Zelda on the Switch (obv!), Horizon....which interrupted Yakuza 0. Not to mention Dirt Rally VR which I was loving too.

Also the new maps are out next week for Battlefield 1 !!

 

 

Arrrrrrgh!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

 

But they could vary it up now, no?

Sure have classic mode, but with physics being what they are they could expand the grid-based gameplay into more open arenas, ramps and hills, rolling bombs around and have them detonate with a circular proximity blast rather than along gridlines. The scope for new power-ups is huge and with online and lan play arenas don't need to be limited to one screen/floor. Y'know, re-invent Bomberman for 2017.

 

As a retro revival it looks ok and the art is spot on. But it should've been a budget title. 

 

This. Keep the normal classic Bomberman but adding new modes and options never hurts. The only thing i would say to counter this is me, my brother and my cousin recently had a long session playing the SNES versions of Super Bomberman 1,2 and 4 and we ended up going back to the original Super Bomberman as the levels were getting quite confusing and the original stages just work better. We also need Micro Machines on the Switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bomberman was one of the very few games that were born perfect in their original incarnation, and no amount of bells or whistles will improve on that original (I'd put Wii Bowling and Tetris in that camp too off the top of my head)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So is it even possible to play online with more than one local player?

 

And yes, some variation or extra stuff would be nice. Either give me basic Bomberman for a tenner or fifteen quid or whatever, or give me some new stuff. My Bomberman game of choice for about ten years has been Bomberman 93 on the Wii VC, which cost me about 6 quid I think. Looks and plays fine, and this adds nothing to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gooner4life said:

You lot man, you either like Bomberman or you don't, this isn't a bad version of Bomberman or a good version of Bomberman it's just Bomberman, stop yer fucking moaning, it's well worth £40.

It's definitely not just Bomberman. In a series that has relied on precision controls to create some tense end of match moments, it seems odd here that they've decided to forgo any of that here. In older entries it was possible to consistently time laying bombs as you ran in a line, always hitting those vital cross sections to pin an opponent. That is definitely not the case here, nor is it the case that even getting round a corner will be guaranteed. Controls using the analog sticks on the joycons are very loose and you never feel completely in control. Regardless of what game modes are on offer, or how much they are charging, it is completely unacceptable to fuck up the fundamentals in a competitive multiplayer game.

I had wondered if there was lag from my television or if the analog sticks were to blame for either issue but I just completed Shovel Knight again with no problem. It's not the hardware then, it's Konami. Fuck Konami.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jatpool said:

 

This. Keep the normal classic Bomberman but adding new modes and options never hurts. The only thing i would say to counter this is me, my brother and my cousin recently had a long session playing the SNES versions of Super Bomberman 1,2 and 4 and we ended up going back to the original Super Bomberman as the levels were getting quite confusing and the original stages just work better. We also need Micro Machines on the Switch.

 

Yup. This is exactly it. Well, mostly, I prefer SB2.

 

I love Bomberman a ton. Can't remember if I started with Super Bomberman or Wario Blast, but it's been a long period of ups and downs. 

 

The dev teams are typically lazy and/or stupid though. They don't attempt any new mechanics, just style refreshes which don't work and nobody asked for.

 

It's easy: Basically remake Super Bomberman 2. New art. 10+ players online. Toggles for Kangaroos and new powerups.

 

(Also, Micro Machines sounds like a match made in heaven for the Switch :wub:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gotters said:

I bought it - played it for about 3 mins on launch day then haven't touched it since

 

It wasn't that terrible (didn't seem that good either but I accept I've not given it a crack, controls felt a little off using the joycons, lacked precision) but any time I get to use my Switch seems wasted if I've not got Zelda on.

Fancy selling it? If it's a physical version of course :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.