Splatoon 2 - Chicken vs Egg Splatfest this weekend!

strawdonkey

The Splatfest is gorgeous. I got Splatoon 2 at launch but fell of it quickly and have only started playing again since getting an online sub with Mario Maker 2. I'm only at level 9 but have managed to be part of a team that won one game so far, not that I was much help when I'm only level 9. Is the Octo Expansion any good?

2 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The Splatfest is gorgeous. I got Splatoon 2 at launch but fell of it quickly and have only started playing again since getting an online sub with Mario Maker 2. I'm only at level 9 but have managed to be part of a team that won one game so far, not that I was much help when I'm only level 9. Is the Octo Expansion any good?

Excellent, apparently but I haven't finished the single player so never got round to buying it. Heard nothing but good stuff about it though.

8 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The game really opens up after level 10. 

You get another four ranked game modes with different mechanics to Turf War. 

Thanks. The DLC is part of the current sale and I've been thinking about buying it for the last week even though I haven't actually finished the game yet. Sales on Nintendo DLC are so random you don't know how long it will be until it's on offer again.

You cannot buy it on the website but it’s listed as an add on to the game on the eShop. Search for Splatoon 2 on the store and the dlc is just below the description of the game.  It’s on sale until the 25th.

On 12/07/2019 at 20:43, smac said:

I know. It's not a grind. But it is sometimes a massacre.

I actually had a zero point game the other week. Zero! How lame is that?

It's been a massacre this last week. I started at Profreshional 400 and am currently at 200 having been as low as 160. This is with loads of back and forth. It regularly feels like there's no way my team mates have reached 2/3/4 etc. and I wonder if they're other people playing on the same account. :(

No idea how you get a zero point game! I've been in a zero egg, 36 point game though, which is almost as bad.

Anyone here play Salmon Run regularly, or any MP for that matter? It would be nice to team up with people who aren't random for a change.

I really don't like Salmon Run. I'm definitely in the minority on this but I hate the randomness of the weapons and how the spawns can give you literally no chance of surviving. It's like they designed it without realising people won't inherently play the the strengths of the weapons they've been given*. Also only being able to get boosters for Crusty Sean from them annoys me too. This has probably more to do with me not liking being dictated when I can play something by a game**.

*will run about like fucking idiots and not playing properly.
**Ask me about my ongoing Destiny 2/Forza Horizon 4/Warframe/GaaS and season pass compulsion.

Songs from the first game returning is the best thing about Splatocalypse.

The current Salmon Run is as generous as it gets. Grizzco weapons on the easiest map make for a tasty recipe indeed. Although I could do without being given the Grizzco Slosher (which I’m horrible with) for all three rounds as just happened. That’s the game telling me it’s time to lose. Still got carried to victory anyway. ^_^

Heads up, Splatfest fans!

If you want an offcial commemorative final Splatfest tee, they are now up for sale on the nintendo store. Only one tee per account, so I got the team order one for my kid. Would've loved one for myself too, but it's my son who's doing all the splatting, so it's only fair to let him have it.

7 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Heads up, Splatfest fans!

If you want an offcial commemorative final Splatfest tee, they are now up for sale on the nintendo store. Only one tee per account, so I got the team order one for my kid. Would've loved one for myself too, but it's my son who's doing all the splatting, so it's only fair to let him have it.

Is that the UK store?