Splatoon 2 - Chicken vs Egg Splatfest this weekend!

strawdonkey

3 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

So Super Jump is just to move around the map, press X then dpad to choose teammate and A to jump, is that right?

I see people with a Jetpack... how???

It's a special for the dual splatties.

Watching my youngest play this and she has picked up gyro controls quickly (didnt use them on splatoon) pro pad is great on this as you would expect!

Mind, she has a proper mean streak when she kills people, good girl!

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

How do you use it? Does every weapon have a special?

Its like calling in a titan

Trying to play this has made me aware that my Switch seems to have serious issues getting online. Tried restarting the machine, my router, re-entering the details... no dice. Even tried sitting right next to my router, still no luck. Given up now and am off to watch some telly, but a bit confused as up until today it had been fine.

Hopefully it'll solve itself before the next round of testfires :unsure:

In Splatone, your Special meter filled up quicker if you cover opposing team's ink rather than bare ground. Seems like it still applies here.

1 minute ago, VN1X said:

What are the chances of this game ever having voice communication? I want shout and be shouted at some times. 

That's what the online app will have, isn't it?

Is there no way to see what your ink meter is like until you're running out? 

Couldn't get a hang of the charger at all. I thought it would be like a sniper but even if I charged up a shot the range seemed shit. And players move so fast in this, feels like you've have to be a really good aimer to make the most of it. 

Not sure how I feel about it as a Splatoon noob! It's very frantic and confusing. If the single player is fleshed out I might take a punt but overall I feel like it's maybe not for me. But then I haven't been into online shooters for a good few years now. 

3 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Trying to play this has made me aware that my Switch seems to have serious issues getting online. Tried restarting the machine, my router, re-entering the details... no dice. Even tried sitting right next to my router, still no luck. Given up now and am off to watch some telly, but a bit confused as up until today it had been fine.

Hopefully it'll solve itself before the next round of testfires :unsure:

No offence mate but I'm glad it's not just me. Where is your Switch in relation to your router?

Just now, tnman said:

No offence mate but I'm glad it's not just me. Where is your Switch in relation to your router?

Haha none taken - good (if that's the right word) to know someone else is having the same issue.

Machine was originally docked, about 15 feet or so from the router. Tried taking it handheld and sitting right next to (as in, less than a foot away) from the router, didn't fix the issue. It seemed to connect to the network device okay, but fell over when trying to connect to the internet. e-Shop wasn't working either.

1 minute ago, ph0rce said:

Some guy on my team just finished with 22 kills!!!!!

Nice, I had 17 in game when I played this at the Birmingham preview event and I thought that was impressive.

1 minute ago, Larsen B said:

You can see it on the back of your character as well as when you hide (ZL) in ink.

Or just look at the tank on your back!

4 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Haha none taken - good (if that's the right word) to know someone else is having the same issue.

Machine was originally docked, about 15 feet or so from the router. Tried taking it handheld and sitting right next to (as in, less than a foot away) from the router, didn't fix the issue. It seemed to connect to the network device okay, but fell over when trying to connect to the internet. e-Shop wasn't working either.

Hmm. Mine was 30cm away from the router and no dice. I managed to finish one game in handheld mode 6 feet away from the router.

We might need to find a sweet spot for distance or buy a LAN adapter? I dunno...

It was a success (for me) in terms of how the game ran and the Switch's wifi capabilities. I didn't run into a single Japanese player, though. Nintendo knows they're not prepared for the ink storm of revenge and fury I will bring upon them.

C7tacAAVAAEKd6H.jpg

C7tX0LFVsAAT9Ye.jpg

C7tYvzQUwAAc7Na.jpg

No dropouts here. Rock solid the whole time.

It was fun, but basically is just a couple of different levels for the original game. Played it for half an hour then my daughter stole it from me.

I'm wondering if it was just bad luck and the servers were getting absolutely rinsed - up until today the thing's been fine and I've been able to browse the store, download games and such with no issue.

I'll try giving it a roll later on tonight and over the weekend to see.