Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Cameron to oversee - November 2019

Goose

It's not the best trailer in the world, I have to admit - but I'm still kind of interested. The idea of a Terminator that can technically be in two places at once when not needing to blend in is pretty cool - especially if the liquid metal part can imitate other humans. Imagine it in a crowd: you'd know to shoot at the big grey nasty robot coming toward you, but any of the people fleeing the big nasty robot could also be ready to stab you through the back.

It looks terrible but it has Mackenzie Davis in it, so a viewing feels like an inevitability. So conflicted. The TV show felt like a more faithful adaptation than this nonsense.

Not a fan of the ridiculous spectacle and Terminators leaping around during fights- I loved the way the Terminators fought so robotically in T2. I don't know why every new Terminator film feels the need to introduce a new model with a gimmick either, as if they're a line of action figures. The original concepts were terrifying enough.

Anyone else noticed this new trope of the hero(es) having to find/rediscover a Boomer living in some rural idyll, and ask them to save us? It's in this, it was baked into the last two films I saw at the cinema (Endgame, John Wick (to a certain degree)). 

Plays out like some Gen X / Millenial wank fantasy where we can halt 50 years of destruction by getting 'Dad' to step back in and make things right. 

Despite the trailer I actually like the look of the new terminator model. Being a dark colour makes it look more imposing, and the greater similarity to a human skeleton than the T-800 was makes it more creepy.

e22a8f8f1bf08115-600x338.jpg

Imagine how scary this thing would be if they'd used stop motion animation like T1.

41 minutes ago, Treble said:

Anyone else noticed this new trope of the hero(es) having to find/rediscover a Boomer living in some rural idyll, and ask them to save us? It's in this, it was baked into the last two films I saw at the cinema (Endgame, John Wick (to a certain degree)). 

Plays out like some Gen X / Millenial wank fantasy where we can halt 50 years of destruction by getting 'Dad' to step back in and make things right. 

In that case don’t you think it would be more likely to be baby boomer producers deciding to green light movies about them still being useful and relevant?

1 hour ago, Thwomp said:

Despite the trailer I actually like the look of the new terminator model. Being a dark colour makes it look more imposing, and the greater similarity to a human skeleton than the T-800 was makes it more creepy.

e22a8f8f1bf08115-600x338.jpg

Imagine how scary this thing would be if they'd used stop motion animation like T1.

Black, metal teeth are a bit of an oversight on an infiltration unit, unless it's going undercover as a rapper or the liquid metal covers them... but then why have them at all?

That did stick with me after watching all those Terminator DVD extras - like with Weller’s performance in Robocop, they felt that Arnie’s robot should have this superhuman grace and precision. It really comes across if you watch it closely, he’s not just be a big guy with some metal stuff stuck on.

Of course Cameron and Verhoeven were watching factory robots for inspiration, a robot that moves with the cold implacability of Boston Dynamics’ work might be too scary for modern audiences.

7 hours ago, Alex W. said:

That did stick with me after watching all those Terminator DVD extras - like with Weller’s performance in Robocop, they felt that Arnie’s robot should have this superhuman grace and precision. It really comes across if you watch it closely, he’s not just be a big guy with some metal stuff stuck on.

Of course Cameron and Verhoeven were watching factory robots for inspiration, a robot that moves with the cold implacability of Boston Dynamics’ work might be too scary for modern audiences.

What?! Verhoeven? Did he have something to do with Terminator?

On 24/05/2019 at 17:03, Garibaldi said:

Anyone remember when a teaser was around 10-20 seconds and not just another trailer? 

This was the way to do a teaser:

Two minutes, though, but gets the you wanting more without revealing anything about the plot. Too bad the movie was a bit rubbish in the end.

This is what, the fourth attempt to relaunch these films under a new creative team? Most of those times they just rehashed the concept of t2 but made it shitter. 

If they're going to keep making them I want a lower budget Blumhouse-style horror effort, it's the only thing I think has a chance of working. 

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

This was the way to do a teaser:

Two minutes, though, but gets the you wanting more without revealing anything about the plot. Too bad the movie was a bit rubbish in the end.

The original teaser was even cheesier:

I saw this at the cinema with my dad in the 90s and he just roared with laughter at the absurdity of it. Too bad Jurassic Park turned out to be a classic and Godzilla... well.

On 25/05/2019 at 01:17, Meh said:

It's not the best trailer in the world, I have to admit - but I'm still kind of interested. The idea of a Terminator that can technically be in two places at once when not needing to blend in is pretty cool - especially if the liquid metal part can imitate other humans. Imagine it in a crowd: you'd know to shoot at the big grey nasty robot coming toward you, but any of the people fleeing the big nasty robot could also be ready to stab you through the back.

You don’t need a new model for that, just two of the old ones.

On 25/05/2019 at 12:56, DeciderVT said:

Black, metal teeth are a bit of an oversight on an infiltration unit, unless it's going undercover as a rapper or the liquid metal covers them... but then why have them at all?

Yeah, bit weird. This film is going to be shit and we all know it.