IGNORED

Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.

Gorf King

9 hours ago, K said:

The newly spruced up, summery Cosmodrome looks absolutely beautiful, and really shows off what a good-looking game D2 is. Plus, nice to revisit all those old areas, like the eternal war bit round the back between the Fallen and the Hive. Diving into the underground lairs to find enemies with ?? next to their energy bars was a real nostalgia rush.

I'm kind of torn, because I want to play the new and reworked content, but I think I've killed Destiny through playing it too much. I haven't touched it in a year, and just dipping into it last night was stressing me out with the amount of stuff to do. I love the look and feel of the game, but it's exhausting me just thinking about it. 

I hadnt played for about s year also until a month ago maybe. And like you say theres so much to do abd catch up on that it can seem overwhelming. I just did bits here and there and got rolling slowly but surely. Tottally worth it i love Destiny again

Hmm, I might be screwed with my cross save.

I have an old Xbox account already linked to bungie.net, but I do not have my old Xbox login details, so I am unable to UNLINK it in favour of my new account. Bizarre decision, but I'm sure there is a reason.

Now, I had not played seriously in years, so I'm not sure it's worth persevering with trying to reclaim the characters as it seems they are 1050, but the new character I created earlier is 1050 also and (automatically?) level 20.

Basically, someone tell me not to sweat it and start from scratch. :p

5 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I know its old content but I loved the redux Omnigul strike. Muscle memory from 3 years ago still took me round every corner and every ogre and wizard like it was yesterday. Ending is different but it's still the same strike. :D

Ahh loved that strike, does the cheese still work and any god roll pulse guns!?

Finished the main campaign last night. 

Found the main missions really good and some of the best they’ve done. Loved the increased difficulty and the swarms of enemies it frequently throws at you. Just really enjoyable stuff and Europa’s a great location.

Lack of new loot is a serious problem though and throughout the campaign I got a total of 3 new guns, none of which were anything to write home about. I don’t mind the fundamental concept of sunsetting weapons to prevent overt power creep and keep the game feeling fresh but if they were going to make 70% of the weapons obsolete then they really needed to add more to replace them. It’s a loot game with very little new loot and one of each weapon is not gonna cut it and leaves gaping holes in loadout options all over the shop.

It looks like the plan is to build the loot pool back up over the coming year via the seasonal content but it’s hard not to be disappointed when a new expansion drops with the smallest pool of new weapons we’ve ever had. (The raid weapons look visually amazing though so looking forward to getting my hands on those).

A bunch of post-campaign stuff has just opened up now and was pleasantly surprised when the first mission of that took me to a whole new location not seen in the main campaign. Seasonal stuff starts next week too, so there’s plenty to be getting on with.

A good DLC, certainly better than Shadowkeep, but overall can’t help but feel disappointed at the lack of new gear available and as good as the campaign was, one new strike and zero new crucible maps is a pretty stingy offering. Glad I played it via GamePass because I think I’d struggle to feel like I got my money’s worth otherwise.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I try to infuse my pre-Beyond Light gear it's telling me that it won't exceed a cap of 1050. Is there a list or any other way to tell which gear will and won't exceed that cap?

1 minute ago, PK said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when I try to infuse my pre-Beyond Light gear it's telling me that it won't exceed a cap of 1050. Is there a list or any other way to tell which gear will and won't exceed that cap?

See my post earlier today on this page.

If you look at the symbol on the top left of gear and weapons the sunsetted stuff unable to be infused beyond 1060 has a white background.

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah they haven't sunset that one for some reason. I need to do another sweep of my vault and get rid of any exotics I'm not going to use.

Also where did that solar Exotic Machine Gun come from? Heir Apparent?

It was a time-limited exotic quest in one of the recent seasons I think. I didn’t bother at the time so am glad it’s available again. Ditto Anarchy.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah they haven't sunset that one for some reason. I need to do another sweep of my vault and get rid of any exotics I'm not going to use.

Also where did that solar Exotic Machine Gun come from? Heir Apparent?

It's because the mida mini-tool has a synergistic perk that procs when used with the mida exotic scout. People kicked off so they said they'd keep it from sunsetting. Same with the Drang sidearm which has a perk which only works with Sturm.

Heir Apparent came with the Guardian Games event a couple of seasons ago which literally nobody played. It's the only exotic I don't have but I'm hanging on until I need machine gun to bump my LL up as it scales.

5 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

It's because the mida mini-tool has a synergistic perk that procs when used with the mida exotic scout. People kicked off so they said they'd keep it from sunsetting. Same with the Drang sidearm which has a perk which only works with Sturm.

Heir Apparent came with the Guardian Games event a couple of seasons ago which literally nobody played. It's the only exotic I don't have but I'm hanging on until I need machine gun to bump my LL up as it scales.

Most of the Machine Guns have been sunset so it'll be welcome. Hammerhead, 21% Delirium, Avalanche, Edgewise. Although I've just looked up the list of guns and there's a new Legendary one and probably some from raids and shit I'm never going to get. And Thunderlord, obvs. Hmm. Maybe I'm not that desperate for Machine guns...

Feels a lot like the whole sunsetting thing is totally overblown. If you were reading the likes of reddit you'd think all those weapons were useless when they can still be used in the vast majority of the game where the minimum recommended power is 1050. The only weird standout for me is that Nightmare Hunts require a power level vastly higher than Shadowkeep I presume because there are triumphs tied to them but you can use the lecturn weapons in Pit of Heresy or the raid totally fine. They've just moved the levelling part of the game to purely the new part and make everything else a flat playground. It's actually what i've wanted them to do with WoW for a long time.

8 hours ago, mikeyl said:

Anyone starting their second/third character today wanna team up for max rinsing efficiency? It’s such a long ass campaign (banging first time round) that the thought of doing it three times is giving me minor anxiety.

Hey mikey, it'll be my first character but happy to team up tonight from 7.30 if that suits you?

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

I haven't played this since the first raid dropped - is it worth getting back into now? Is there a way to catch up? Can I transfer progress from PS4 to PC, or am I starting again? 

Cross save either via the app or on your Bungie profile on the internet

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.