Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.

Gorf King

Just that his articles are usually alright? Fuck knows, take with required amount of salt. I don't think he's wrong, though. Bungie shutting off more and more of the game makes onboarding for new players difficult, and if the game is to survive there has to be new players for when old ones fall off.

If anyone's playing on PC and doesn't have all the paid-for expansions, the currently active ones are all available in the shape of the Legendary Edition at Green Man Gaming for £23.52: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-legendary-edition-pc/.

I have no idea if this is any use to anyone, as it's almost impossible to keep up with D2's labyrinthine pricing models and shifting availability across various platforms. Just be aware that the above pack contains Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light, which is all of the currently-active expansions. But it doesn't contain the current season, Season of the Lost, which lasts until February 22, or the 30th Anniversary Dungeon that's coming on December 7. But you will get the new 6-player activity that comes out at the same time, because that's free. But Forsaken will be going free to play at the same time as the new dungeon comes out, so you might not think it worth buying. And it's being removed from the game on February 22, when the next expansion, The Witch Queen, comes out. But when that happens, if you did buy Forsaken you'll get an exotics pack that allows you to access the exotic weapons from it if you didn't already earn them, whereas if you played it free-to-play you won't. But none of this will get you The Witch Queen, of course. You'll need to buy that separately. And whatever season it comes with, if you want that too.

Anyway, it's £23.52. For now. That much is clear.

Finished the Shadowkeep campaign. Thought it was the best one of the new three. Few bits to potter around with to get the hand cannon and exotic quest I believe.

Does anyone here run the raids still? Will they go too once this new update comes?

On 23/11/2021 at 11:02, moosegrinder said:

Just that his articles are usually alright? Fuck knows, take with required amount of salt. I don't think he's wrong, though. Bungie shutting off more and more of the game makes onboarding for new players difficult, and if the game is to survive there has to be new players for when old ones fall off.

Also, and we've talked about this before, it makes it more difficult for returning players. As a casual player whose purchased every game and expansion in the series but never bothered with the whole meta game thing, trying to come back in is 50% "what the hell should I be doing?" and 50% "oh, that thing I bought is no longer available" now.

(Or at least that's how it feels).

It's made me unlikely to bother trying again, and the prospect of giving them more money has completely gone out of the window. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.

Some guy I was on with last night was on 67!

Obviously I’m only running Atheon CP at this point, with a load of other sad cunts who see some weird value in ‘owning’ a digital weapon in a game I barely play anymore, but if I had to do a whole raid? 67 times? Nah, that shit is broken.