Destiny 2: How do you feel about £8 for Vault of Glass, babby Eliksni and some other shit?

2 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I am ready for a go at the raid on Xbox this week, I think.  I'm at 1260 (real 1249).  What sort of loadout should be aiming for as a hunter?

Most of the encounters are pretty close-quarters in Deep Stone Crypt, so whichever weapon and subclass loadout suits you best in that scenario really.

The Lament is very useful for the second encounter and Celestial Golden Gun is good for final boss DPS. One person having Divinity and a few running Anarchy/Xenophage will help there too.

Other than that I wouldn’t sweat it too much, just go with whatever you’re most comfortable with. It’s one of the more forgiving raids I’d say, as long as you’re able to deal with large numbers of adds.

On 04/12/2020 at 12:51, Mafro said:

Next gen versions won't have a preload. Good stuff. 

No doubt it'll be release around 6pm GMT or something like that too knowing them.

From this article it sounds like 5pm tomorrow: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49918

With every patch, many of you ask what time you should set your alarm to in order to wake up for the fresh update. How long should you spend eating breakfast before hopping online? At what point should you shake your fists in the air because you forgot to set your console to auto update? Destiny Player Support has most of the answers we’re looking for. Some you may have to answer on your own!

This is their report.

UPDATE 3.0.1

Today, December 3, background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:  

December 3, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins. 

December 3, 2PM PST (2200 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1. completes. 

December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins. 

December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won't be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available. 

December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.  

December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude. 

NEXT-GEN CONSOLES 

When Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch - pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.

The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows: 

Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB 

PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB 

Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB 

PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB 

Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB 

Not played this in a few years (since the basic version) are there any tips fo rme jumping in?

Im worried there will be a million different systems and currencies and shit. Things like that instantly put me off. 

16 minutes ago, Ry said:

Not played this in a few years (since the basic version) are there any tips fo rme jumping in?

Im worried there will be a million different systems and currencies and shit. Things like that instantly put me off. 

I wouldn't bother, then, quite honestly. It's that. It's what you said will put you off. 

8 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I wouldn't bother, then, quite honestly. It's that. It's what you said will put you off. 

Damn. 

I was hoping to jump into the expansions and play the main missions. 

11 minutes ago, Ry said:

Damn. 

I was hoping to jump into the expansions and play the main missions. 

Oh. Do that. Especially if you're on an X and have Gamepass. The main missions are basically an intro to all the stuff you hate but can be really good fun outside of all that. 

On 04/12/2020 at 12:51, Mafro said:

Next gen versions won't have a preload. Good stuff. 

No doubt it'll be release around 6pm GMT or something like that too knowing them.

Yep, 5pm and it's a full download again after already having to download the whole thing again for BL. With all the new-gen games I've downloaded the last few weeks, the mice peddling their little bikes inside my Virgin router are weeping little mice tears of exhaustion.

Should be worth it though, think I'm more excited about this than I was for BL. I've surprised myself with how much I've enjoyed the new stuff despite some initial worries.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49957

Transmog will be coming with Season 14. More details to come. (See work-in-progress screen captures, below. Not final, may change!)

DDOS protection for Destiny 2 players on all consoles will be coming in Season 13.

The Vault of Glass raid returns.

Crossplay is coming in 2021.

Two strikes (Fallen S.A.B.E.R. and Devil’s Lair) are coming to Destiny 2 in Season 13.

Legendary and Master Lost Sector rotation will be expanded to include the Lost Sectors on the Moon in Season 13, and there will be new three new pieces of Exotic armor to chase.

1 minute ago, Eighthours said:

Will this be the version that's on Game Pass? Don't want to download Destiny 2 and then have to do it all again immediately afterwards when I try to launch the game!

Ive no idea, I had it installed already and the 70gb is extra

12 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Series X is fine, Smart Delivery is indeed very smart. Sony's multiple versions bullshit is just unnecessary.

EDIT:

PS5 version is now available in the store but apparently needs 12 hours to download.... :facepalm:

Where’d you find it?

8 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Where’d you find it?

If you highlight the little 3 dots on the PS4 Version you should get the option to download a 'free' version of Destiny 2 (without the PS4 suffix), this should start it going. You also need to go and 'purchase' all the DLC again like Forsaken and Shadowkeep.

12 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

I currently have no Destiny 2 stuff installed on my series X. What should I be downloading, Destiny 2 and then Beyond Light separately?

Are you on Game Pass?

IIRC you download the main client which is 70GB and includes all of the content, then you download three 10MB keys to unlock Beyond Light, Forsaken, and Shadowkeep. It's all included in GP.

7 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

I currently have no Destiny 2 stuff installed on my series X. What should I be downloading, Destiny 2 and then Beyond Light separately?

Yup. Download the main Destiny 2 game (should be ~70GB) and then add each of the expansion licenses (which are each ~10MB. That’s how it works on Game Pass anyway.

Can’t wait to finally play it at 60fps and with a FOV slider. PC players chuckling into their ‘rigs’ no doubt but I’ve been anticipating this update more than the actual expansion itself I think.

10 minutes ago, DonRumsfeld said:

Honestly why’s there not just the option to click on Download PS5?

619A6F41-8159-445F-9368-B677618B049C.jpeg

I’m at work and started the download via the PS5 app. Why is it downloading two versions of the game? Guarantee when I get home I get the “you need more space lol” despite making sure I had around 230GB free which should be more than enough. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: How do you feel about £8 for Vault of Glass, babby Eliksni and some other shit?