Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

My body is ready for your 'new activity experience' bungie. Based on this description I would say deej is ready for another promotion. At some point these roadmaps will read: 'game!... words!... something!... Fuck off!'

Reports on reddit that Forsaken weapons are dropping NOW!

Some guy got this:

9I96aDM.jpg

as a reward from Ana from the flashpoint completion.

And someone just got this, above 405 power to boot:

WZgt8Il.jpg

Edit: can confirm, as I just finished the flashpoint on my Warlock and got the Scatterhorn chest at 405 power, but requires level 35. Free upgrade prior to Forsaken I guess.

Everyone should "Get your ass to Mars!" this week and get the freebie before next Tuesday I guess.

Also, if you dont have one yet, Benedict is selling the Midnight Coup this week (requires a Leviathan normal completion this reset) - Its now ridiculously good (it was ridiculously good anyway) thanks to increased precision damage, and coupled with rampage and Outlaw, will continue to be a top tier hand cannon in Forsaken I suspect.

Just been playing Crucible, and it feels completely different. Lots of people running about solo, almost like Destiny 1 in fact. The Crucible reward is just the same old D2 powerful gear - I got a vanilla chest piece for my troubles - so nothing "Forsaken"-y there, so its likely only the Flashpoint in that regard.

Blink on Warlocks is back btw (Shimmy will be ecstatic I'm sure), and it didnt seem to take the radar away for very long either - I never felt like I was at a disadvantage when blinking, which is obviously a massive improvement. Slowva Warlock with blink now feels really powerful, whereas recently I felt like Dawnblade was the better option for Crucible thanks to its dive for health regen and speed in the air while Daybreak was active and raining down fire allowing for multi kills. Remains to be seen how Tickle FingersTM performs, as not tried it yet. We'll see soon enough.

Big news - this is for everyone - exotic armour now has new perks, even pre-Forsaken exotic armour!

Example below (I got this from the clan XP engram):

40243171_10155405018680146_9131013266280

Selectable perks were "Unflinching - weapon type" in the second column (Sniper Rifles being the one I have selected) and the other choice I had in the 3rd being increased ammo reserves for Auto Rifles. The issue with this is that you'll want perks on whatever exotics you use, but you'll have to re-acquire the exotics to be able to get said perks. And no, you wont be able to pull these out of your collections (even if those were available) and get perks, as they're random. Maybe buying the fated engram from Xur will work? /shrug

Also someone on reddit posted this:

And also this:

\o/

The weapon slot changes really do illustrate just what a shit decision it was to restrict your loadout for the first year to two primaries & group half the weapons into the heavy slot. Leaping around blasting fools in the face with the Perfect Paradox shotgun pretty much as & when I please is the type of power fantasy that the first game excelled at & has been sorely lacking from the sequel. In a very fundamental way it finally feels like Destiny again. Only took them a year but hats off for inplementing a core systemic change that was badly needed.

Having said that I haven’t tried the Crucible changes yet but I’d be very surprised if we don’t rapidly revert to the shotgun/sniper meta that made the Destiny 1 PvP experience dull as fuck. The decreased TTK should help but I’m doubtful that Crucible will ever be as fun as it was for me around the days of House of Wolves. Maybe I’ll be surprised but I get my PvP kicks from Battlefield anyway, so I’m not too fussed. Gambit looks as if it’ll be a really fun marriage of PvE & PvP though & I can see myself playing that quite a lot.

I hadn’t played Destiny 2 for about 6 months & had pretty much written it off but the quiet summer period & plenty of spare time saw me grinding out the Solstice armour over the last couple of weeks & Forsaken does look like they’ve taken on board the tide of criticism & given everyone what they’ve been clamouring for. We’ve heard it all before & we shall see, I guess, but a nice unexpected tax rebate has meant that I can purchase it with a clear conscience & a healthy wallet & I’m really looking forward to next week. I’m hoping for a return to the Taken King era where there were loads of quests, secrets & most importantly of all exciting & desirable loot drops to seek out. Still have my doubts about the season pass business but for now 

giphy.gif

Just played my first Crucible match. Ridiculous fun.

Grenades and melees have been buffed and it feels like it straight away, you just feel powerful. Starting with a shotgun is great but they don't overload you with ammo so you need to pick your shots. You can then go for a snipe if you so wish. I was killed literally from first spawn with a sniper as I turned the corner and I just laughed. 

The new armour perks, faster reload on this, extra ammo reserve on that, are back finally. Utterly baffling why they took them out in the first place but whatever. Now gives me the chance to chase that perfect loadout rather than just using the single armour set I had on for all of year one because 'it looks alright I s'pose'.

With Gambit, random rolls, new raid and all that other lovely stuff, I think this has the chance to be the best version of Destiny yet. 

35 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Raid vendor is selling the one of best handcannons in the game this week.

If anyone wants to raid or try and farm some tokens let me know - hoboagago on psn. I want that hand cannon!. 

Due to all the above, I forgot to post the weekly reset info:

Nightfalls - choice of three:

• The Pyramidion
  • Tree of Probabilities
  • Strange Terrain

Flashpoint is Mars.

Escalation Protocol is the SMG only this week. Boss is Kathok, Roar of Xol.

And for Prestige Raid Lairs:

• Prestige: Arsenal: No reserve ammo, empty one weapon to get ammo for the next.
  • Armsmaster: Kinetic: Anything, Energy: Fusion (Apparently Trace Rifles work - Coldheart or Prometheus Lens), Power: Fusion (Sleeper works)

Eververse stuff (not including shaders or transmat stuff):

• Curtain Call Exotic Emote (3250 BD)
  • Impatience Rare Emote (400 BD)
  • Vespulaser Exotic Sparrow (2500 BD)
  • Eververse Chest Piece (1200 BD)
  • Hypnopompic Exotic Sleeper Ornament (800 BD)
  • Symbiosis Exotic Sturm Ornament (800 BD)
  • Reef in Ruins Exotic Telesto Ornament (1250 BD)
  • The Bray Legacy Exotic Polaris Lance Ornament (800 BD)
  • War Beast Skin Exotic Legend of Acrius Ornament (800 BD)

7 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

@Mr Ben any news on whether the nightfall prestige thing can be done on solstice armour still (with one of the new updated events) or is it impossible now? The others seemed possible still iirc

I think last week was the last chance you could get the helmet done, for now anyway, but I think I remember seeing that when the prestige returns in Forsaken (Season 4) you could do it again (along with the crucible one for getting to Legend - though that one is still active for this week only!).

Problem is by then you'll likely have way better armour (with perks) from Forsaken drops.

Guys can someone advise me if I have any options here please?... Last night I digitally ordered the forsaken collection for £55. I just read that destiny 2 is now free on ps+ so I imagine that if I got that then forsaken would only cost me £40?

Am I missing something? Can I get a refund and do this? 

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

Forsaken requires the base D2 game and both year one DLCs, so no, you couldn't grab the freebie and jump straight to Forsaken.

I see... Thank you. 

Also, is it still possible to join the clan? On PS4 

15 hours ago, Muz said:

Guys can someone advise me if I have any options here please?... Last night I digitally ordered the forsaken collection for £55. I just read that destiny 2 is now free on ps+ so I imagine that if I got that then forsaken would only cost me £40?

Am I missing something? Can I get a refund and do this? 

As others have said you need D2 + it's 2 DLCs to purchase Forsaken.

The £55 one you've ordered includes that and Forsaken

Forsaken on it's own is £35 (basic - there's deluxe etc)

But D2 DLC1 and DLC2 are currently on sale for £8.50 each, or £15 for both.

So it looks like you could cancel your preorder, and buy the 2 for £15 and then Forsaken...for a total of £50.

(PSN refunded me Spiderman in minutes yesterday when I wanted to upgrade to deluxe)

Not the only thing that is bugged. I got a pair of Forsaken legs on the Warlock for doing Ana's stuff last night. My character model has no legs from the knees down if I equip them :lol:

I know the Dregs get their arms docked but I didn't realise the expansion did it to Guardians too!

*edit* 

No, only PE give progress unfortunately. If you didn't see one up, you just have to wait. Escalation Protocol upsets their timing too so you may have to wait a while sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Scruff said:

No, only PE give progress unfortunately. If you didn't see one up, you just have to wait. Escalation Protocol upsets their timing too so you may have to wait a while sometimes.

I think Lost Sectors and Heroic Adventures now progress it too, since the patch.

It was in the patch notes. No idea if it's actually happening.

Flashpoints

• The Flashpoint milestone will now appear as a challenge visible on its respective destination vendor
  • Flashpoint progress has been expanded to include Lost Sectors and Heroic adventures