Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

2 hours ago, Jerec said:

So let me get this right?

We, as immortal instruments of death and destruction....Have to bake cookies....And delivery them to people all over the Universe...Instead of fighting the ever encroaching "Darkness" that is destined to take our Light and kill us all etc etc etc?

Yes.

(But also the Darkness doesn’t want to take our Light, it wants us on its side. It’s currently kind of observing us by limiting our playroom space. This is the lore for vaulting anyway…)

Just now, Nate Dogg III said:

Still haven’t run this dungeon, which means I’ve basically spent £20 or whatever it was on some ornaments. If anyone fancies carrying an idiot after the 27th do let me know. 

I’m on now and wanna do normal on my hunter for a thing. Join up!

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Forsaken hasn't left yet though?

Hasn’t but I don’t ‘own’ Forsaken on xbox (have it on ps and pc) so don’t have access to Last Wish or the Shattered Throne but all the equipment is available to me. But I did have to rebuy Beyond Light because you couldn’t access stasis even though you have it on another platform.

8 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Hasn’t but I don’t ‘own’ Forsaken on xbox (have it on ps and pc) so don’t have access to Last Wish or the Shattered Throne but all the equipment is available to me. But I did have to rebuy Beyond Light because you couldn’t access stasis even though you have it on another platform.

Right, got you. The problem I have is I'm using it on a third Xbox which has no license for it as me and my OH do game sharing on out Series's. So if I want to play on the One X I have to buy Shadowkeep at least, but I don't want to pay 6 quid for summat that's being removed soon.

58 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Right, got you. The problem I have is I'm using it on a third Xbox which has no license for it as me and my OH do game sharing on out Series's. So if I want to play on the One X I have to buy Shadowkeep at least, but I don't want to pay 6 quid for summat that's being removed soon.

you can try a little experiment on Stadia or any platform of the Free to Play version to see what you have and haven’t got access to without licences. But I’m forever holding out on buying Forsaken, out of principle.

5 hours ago, Wilburo said:

Not really convinced by the dawning, especially as I’ve been baking cookies like a motherfudder and still have no good Glacioclasms to show for it. I really hope the crafting system improves upon weapon grinding.

I got the Subsistence/Reservoir Burst roll of it and it's still meh due to being a high impact fusion.

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about the ‘god roll’ Glacioclasm, had it and was hilarious for a while just permanently mowing down adds with infinite Reservoir Burst but Null Composure’s reload when the Freding Fenzy buff is active is just as fast as and more helpful in sticky situations due to the faster charge.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, pledge said:

Anyone around this weekend to run through the Dungeon? I'm trying to get the 30th seal, and exotic, but not attempted it at all before.

I was planning to do a run this weekend to get all the collectibles for the exotic ornament to finish the seal.

2 runs through should be enough to to get you the Gjallarhorn, the catalyst and the ornament.

1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

I was planning to do a run this weekend to get all the collectibles for the exotic ornament to finish the seal.

2 runs through should be enough to to get you the Gjallarhorn, the catalyst and the ornament.

What time? I can be flexible both days.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50939

Closing out, we are also making a change to the way Guardians create Orbs of Power with weapons. Elements of the new weapon crafting system will encourage you to use many different weapons and ask you to burn hard-earned Masterwork materials on a weapon that you may only be using for a few hours, just to generate Orbs. That … seemed like a tall order. This, combined with our desire to act on consistent feedback that players want to be able to generate Orbs of Power with Exotic weapons that do not yet have catalysts, led us to the implementation we’ll be using in The Witch Queen and beyond. Orb generation on weapon multikills will no longer be a function of a weapon’s Masterwork status but will instead be provided by a suite of armor mods, which are unlocked automatically for all players and which plug into the Helmet Armor Mod socket. Each such mod will apply the Orb-generation effect to all weapons you have equipped of a particular damage type, so a single mod will cover multiple weapons in your arsenal if they share a damage type (this also applies to a weapon that changes damage types, like Hard Light, or a Kinetic weapon with Osmosis). We will continue to create exciting Exotic catalysts over the next few Seasons, but in the meantime, you will be able to generate orbs with Cloudstrike, Thorn, Thunderlord, Tarrabah, and any other weapon in the gam

WTF

10 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Probably after 10pm Brisbane time either day, so sometime between noon and 4pm in the UK.

This would be perfect. Anyone interested in being a third?

Happy to help if you see me on (and you don’t get someone who hasn’t done all that stuff yet).

yeah that masterwork bobbins sounds nonsense. I don’t want to feel like the 3000 headshots I had to get for the Sleeper catalyst is now wasted effort. But on the other hand, I’d like some more of the yellow guns to shit out orbs.

My initial reaction to that orb update is vague discomfort - I find the armour mod system a bit fiddly and unintuitive, and not sure that I want the orbs / masterworks to be folded into that. I quite like the simplicity of masterworking a gun, and knowing that's what it will do. Not sure about having to balance the tradeoffs between other mods and having orb-creation. Maybe I just don't like change. it sounds a bit like the champion mods system, where I find myself getting annoyed at having to fanny about with mods for a particular mission or activity.

Presumably there will be much less point in masterworking a legendary gun now.

That aside, I like the proposed changes around making changing the element of a piece of armour much cheaper, and around letting you unlock all the artifact mods over time. Those seem sensible.

Although I suspect they calibrate the XP needed so that no-one playing for a normal amount of time will unlock any more artifact mods than they do today, really.

The Masterwork orb changes seem likely to be quite step down. And yes, changing armour affinity being cheaper is good, but perhaps the system just shouldn't exist.

It may be ok as we’re now all essentially playing with 5 mod slots, but yeah that’ll only work if they make the costs of inserting them cheaper.

Still a hassle tho. They need some sort of automated thing like how you auto tune your car in racers for those who really can’t be bothered with mods.

46 minutes ago, K said:

Presumably there will be much less point in masterworking a legendary gun now.

You'd actually equip a weapon without a gold border? The fuck is wrong with you? ;)

The general response from Bungie is very 'don't panic, captain mainwaring' as they have changes to weapon perks coming too which may negate the bad news. ie - not having the orb generation perk on the weapon means that can be used for something else. Classic terrible Bungie communication though, if they'd just said that in the TWAB they'd have cooled off the reddit lunatics before they'd even managed to get their pitchforks out.