IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

I had no idea that shotguns could roll with subsistence as a perk; I had a Ragnhild-D drop earlier in the week with subsistence and thresh, which is just bonkers. You never need to reload if you're getting kills. Obviously, it's mainly good for add clear, but it's immensely satisfying.

39 minutes ago, K said:

I had no idea that shotguns could roll with subsistence as a perk; I had a Ragnhild-D drop earlier in the week with subsistence and thresh, which is just bonkers. You never need to reload if you're getting kills. Obviously, it's mainly good for add clear, but it's immensely satisfying.

I've reshaped my Glaive with Subsistence and Thresh. Will change Thresh to Frenzy when it's available. 

Despite some anteater shenanigans early doors, my clan and I managed to get through the first proper encounter. Got the Stasis Fusion Rifle (Deliverance), not really keen on Precision Frame fusions, but I'll see how it is. Took a lovely screenshot of one particular area:

Spoiler

FNIGP70X0AA0flP?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Bungie art design is first class, their worlds are amazing. 

Didn't quite clear the first encounter with our effort. We had two randoms from the 100 that were, in fairness, pretty useful! But although we think we've solved it, we were a little too tired to actually lull it together. Good fun, but quite annoying.

Reading some World First races it sounds pretty buggy - mostly with disconnect areas.

Shout if you need another body for future - I can sometimes be useful!

Still no Empirical Evidence drop/pattern so that quest is blocked off :(

Managed the first and second encounters with my LFG but was absolutely wiped out when I turned in at 3:30am!

Got the LFR as first drop and apparently nothing from a buggy second chest, but I was tired and haven't bothered to check postmaster etc.

We/I were considering going back in today without Contest but as Bungie have extended that until Monday reset I'm not so sure now, especially after seeing clips of streamers wrestle with the final boss.

3 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Did we get any new open world stuff with the raid being completed?

Yes, new unlocks at Ikora, a new mission and an Evidence Board quest. And the usual new ink-blot cutscene that 'spoils' the raid boss if you're that way inclined.

8 hours ago, Hexx said:

Reading some World First races it sounds pretty buggy - mostly with disconnect areas.

Shout if you need another body for future - I can sometimes be useful!

Still no Empirical Evidence drop/pattern so that quest is blocked off :(

We’re on from 6pm if you want to join us. Have one slot free. 

In non raid news, that Outbreak Perfected catalyst took some fucking doing. At least you can just go to the start of Grasp of Averice now instead of punching in that ridiculous code for Shuro Chi.

An actual exotic dropped in the loot cave for me! Also, if you'd have told me back in the D1 days that eight years later in D2 we'd still be shooting enemies in the loot cave... :lol:

57 minutes ago, DonRumsfeld said:

We’re on from 6pm if you want to join us. Have one slot free. 

Sorry I’d love to but tonight is DnD night. Give em hell!

Another weekly run and another Ascendent alloy. Rngesus loves me :)

Preservation is easily sociable by the way :) 

We cleared the first encounter tonight, and solved the second encounter's mechanics (pre-doing damage, at least) before our LFG-ers had to go off. So that felt like good progress. I'm enjoying the raid, but not loving all the symbols.

I watched some of Datto on Saturday night and yeah, the symbol overload means I'm even less likely to do this raid than any of the others (think the last one I tried was Last Wish at launch). My brain just doesn't retain that sort of information well enough (misspent youth I expect) and I'd be even more of a liability than I am when the only thing required of me is 'stand here and don't die'.

Yeah, a cheat sheet with the symbols on popped up in the clan Discord on Saturday night. I immediately sighed and have the same reaction as Nate really. I hated all the symbol matching stuff from Last Wish. 

Will probably pop in to take a look at some point but probably won't be able to play enough for them to become muscle memory callouts like the Oracles at Atheon. There's six of those, and they are front, middle, back, left or right. I'm more familiar with those terms. :unsure:

How many symbols are we talking about?

At least with TLW our group came up with recognisable names/descriptions. God odd when having to put people though 

There's a lot (27) and, unlike the Last Wish, they're not in readily-discernable groups. So it's not Snake, 2 Snakes, Bird, 2 Birds, etc. It's this:

Spoiler

ifapx8f.png

On the plus side, Bungie have made it so when you look at them close up, they get an official name by your radar. So everyone should end up using the same nomenclature. On the negative side, a fair few of them look very similar in the hear of combat.

Spoiler

(Drink/Witness and Guardian/Worship being perhaps the worst offenders?)

What? Double Jesus and It’s Culturally Inappropriate to Call It Ayers Rock Anymore What’s It’s Real Name is part of the fun. Simple puzzles to break up the Glaive stabbing process.

I don't personally think having 27 things to remember (with, as Mike points out, a fair bit of visual overlap among them) counts as simple, to be honest. I struggle to get my kids' names the right way round most days.

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

Is it bad to call it Ayer's Rock? Shit. I thought some of our names were inappropriate, didn't know we'd instead done a bad thing on Uluru.

Probably if you do a LFG with some indigenous Australians you can’t call it by the coloniser’s name :)

It is a lot of names yeah. I don’t think you “have” to have everybody on the team memorise them all. Like Last Wish, if you nearly get away with saying what you see as long as you are on top of everything.

1 minute ago, Hexx said:

Jeepers!

Unrelated - Vox Obsurerererer. How hard is it? Soloable?>

it’s ok the higher the level you are the easier it gets. If you just want the pinnacle, just run in can kill the first unstoppable and repeat 17 times.

Just now, mikeyl said:

I don’t think you “have” to have everybody on the team memorise them all. Like Last Wish, if you nearly get away with saying what you see as long as you are on top of everything.

In fairness, a lot of them are either directly things you just recognise from playing Destiny, or are a lot of an abstract colour. So yeah, you can get away with it on a lucky round a lot of the time. But that first encounter (which, obvs, is when you're least familiar with them - the purpose of the encounter is to teach them to you) is highly reliant on everyone getting to grips with them, and boy did we have a lot of wipes that ended with someone desperately trying to communicate a set of colours and shapes.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23