IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

I finally met the power requirements to attempt, and complete... Parasitic Pilgrimage. :lol: Look, I dropped the game for a while to play some other things, but the rewards from the new season quickly powered me up enough to make this mission do-able. Anyway, the weapon seems nice enough, so yay.

What version of this game is the best to buy? I had it back in the day on PS4, but would like to get it on PC now if there is a simple way to get all the expansions together.

Actually think the new dungeon is the best dungeon? Got the exotic last night after 4 hours but there’s a lot of raid-level mechanics to figure out. It’s good, visually impressive and some sick looking guns. Season saved as I was about to fall off Solar 3.0 and the Castellum grind is so basic.

Crucially there’s no bit that overstayed it’s welcome like the Servitor in Grasp or had you fumbling around getting lost in the dark like Pit and Shattered Throne. 

I'm struggling to get the "At The Behest Of The Empress" event/triumph. I've got all the other nightmares but after looking up a video I'm still unsure how to trigger it. Has anybody done it? 

EDIT:  I got it, I think it's time triggered

Sweet, this week has a seasonal challenge rewarding Figments of Darkness that requires... Scythe final blows. That's not going to be maddening for everyone racing to grab the thing during Containment and being too slow or dying on the way.

Spoiler

It's not that bad really. If you find big groups of enemies you can make quick progress. :) 

Just finished the Beyond Light campaign and lolled when I saw the grind for stasis fragments. As a titan it’s an appealing class, but how much of that I can tolerate remains to be seen! 

Still having fun. Playing around with my build, experimenting with solar, void etc, trying all the different weapons. Hit a couple of stumbling blocks in my search for certain exotics as it’s content that can’t be done solo, and the matchmaking in Destiny 2 seems frustratingly limited (I can understand limiting it in raids, but why nothing for dungeons and most of the strikes?) but not sure I’m at the point of asking to team up with anyone. 

47 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Just finished the Beyond Light campaign and lolled when I saw the grind for stasis fragments. As a titan it’s an appealing class, but how much of that I can tolerate remains to be seen! 

Still having fun. Playing around with my build, experimenting with solar, void etc, trying all the different weapons. Hit a couple of stumbling blocks in my search for certain exotics as it’s content that can’t be done solo, and the matchmaking in Destiny 2 seems frustratingly limited (I can understand limiting it in raids, but why nothing for dungeons and most of the strikes?) but not sure I’m at the point of asking to team up with anyone. 

You can use the app to look for teams for that sort of content. It's not great but it's better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

You can use the app to look for teams for that sort of content. It's not great but it's better than nothing.

Ah yes, I’ve heard about that. Been procrastinating on downloading it as I’m somewhat resentful that they’re letting an app do the work of what should be in-game systems. 

Notes from the Sever mission in the reset update:

Spoiler

Zavala :( 

I like how they're using more of Presage's Egregore/Darkness vibe in these maps though. And I think I got flipped-turned-upside-down in like the first minute because I didn't bother to look up for a platform to jump on... :blush: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 21:07, Qazimod said:

I finally met the power requirements to attempt, and complete... Parasitic Pilgrimage. :lol: Look, I dropped the game for a while to play some other things, but the rewards from the new season quickly powered me up enough to make this mission do-able. Anyway, the weapon seems nice enough, so yay.

Me too! I’m pretty salty I didn’t preemptively get the skin when it was selling for bright dust last week, though. This is one fugly weapon without it. 

8 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Me too! I’m pretty salty I didn’t preemptively get the skin when it was selling for bright dust last week, though. This is one fugly weapon without it. 

Its literally a worm in a spherical prison - what were you expecting?

55 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Its literally a worm in a spherical prison - what were you expecting?

Something better looking, like the store skin. Or was this a trick question? 

On 19/06/2022 at 00:21, Hexx said:

This explains so much on final duality!

Also explains why I was getting mullered by the boss in The Conflux (lost sector on Nessus) when doing it solo for the warlock legs.  Got them first time though, and a good roll. :D

I'm enjoying the variety of Solar builds. Sunbracers is a nice and simple one, with lots of fun explosions. The Starfire Protocol build is excellent if you have a Drang or Calus Mini-Tool with Incandescent. Finally, the new legs I just mentioned, Rain of Fire ... needs more testing, and may actually be better without Classy Restoration, because you can then use Rays of Precision or Flame Harvesting with Vex Mythoclast. But for high level content you will always want classy restoration ... or will you. I need to test these legs a bit more with different aspects.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Also explains why I was getting mullered by the boss in The Conflux (lost sector on Nessus) when doing it solo for the warlock legs.  Got them first time though, and a good roll. :D

I'm enjoying the variety of Solar builds. Sunbracers is a nice and simple one, with lots of fun explosions. The Starfire Protocol build is excellent if you have a Drang or Calus Mini-Tool with Incandescent. Finally, the new legs I just mentioned, Rain of Fire ... needs more testing, and may actually be better without Classy Restoration, because you can then use Rays of Precision or Flame Harvesting with Vex Mythoclast. But for high level content you will always want classy restoration ... or will you. I need to test these legs a bit more with different aspects.

Yeah I think they'd be good with that. 😭

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Well Stormchaser is fun 😁

PEWPEWPEW! PEWPEWPEW!

Is that the Vault of Glass hand cannon? I’m just about nudging the level to do my first dungeon, so I fear that one will pass me by! 

2 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Is that the Vault of Glass hand cannon? I’m just about nudging the level to do my first dungeon, so I fear that one will pass me by! 

Duality LFR. 

Everyone I know has a decent Stormchaser and I’m just getting lame rolls with Rampage or whatever. Guy was using it against the bosses with the void debuff and was getting so so many numbers.

Not loving the Warlock class this season, I dunno what to do. With Titans, you’re invincible and burning everything with the fire helmet, with Hunters you’re invincible and leaving solar poops everywhere with Bombadiers. Great fun. With Warlocks I seem to be the most squishy and dunno, throw grenades?

22 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Everyone I know has a decent Stormchaser and I’m just getting lame rolls with Rampage or whatever. Guy was using it against the bosses with the void debuff and was getting so so many numbers.

Not loving the Warlock class this season, I dunno what to do. With Titans, you’re invincible and burning everything with the fire helmet, with Hunters you’re invincible and leaving solar poops everywhere with Bombadiers. Great fun. With Warlocks I seem to be the most squishy and dunno, throw grenades?

Starfire Protocol

Calus Mini Tool (with Incandescent, or any weapon with that)

Fusion Grenades

Empowering Rift

Embers of Char, Ashes, Empyerean, Eruptions

Explosive Wellmaker, Seekng Wells, Bountiful Wells, Font of Might, Healing Well.

Classy Restoration

Get decent Resi. (Use double res artifact chest mod, and make Starfire electric for 3rd element res mod)

Pop your Rift - this gives Restorex2 for 8 seconds

Shoot. Grenades. Grenade kills return rift. Hits from weapons in rift restore grenades. The rift/grenade cycle is key

Solar ability kills or weapon kills extend Resore x2 up to 12s

You should be pretty unkillable (else restore bugs out see above) and putting out decent damage.

You don't get radiant, but you have rift and font of might (I was using a Solar LFR). If you have a Hezen Rocket launch with demolitionist that would be insane.

1 minute ago, KartoffelKopf said:

@mikeyl

The Dawn Chorus build is fun with incandescent perked weapon. I got one of the new Suros scouts with it so you can long distance and just the watch the world burn.

I was gonna give that a go when I got an crafted with Enhance Incandescent. Does it feel ok with base Incandescent?

2 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I was gonna give that a go when I got an crafted with Enhance Incandescent. Does it feel ok with base Incandescent?

Yeah, still fun but you aren't quite getting those crazy numbers in the video. I was aiming to craft a Calus mini-tool but weapon crafting is such a horrifically badly designed and unfun grind that I've given up.

Lovely! My takeaway is to find a way to keep burning things which will give you your abilities back so you can burn some more. Now if only all my Warlock armour didn’t blow…

The drop rate for red-border, craftable weapons seems to be frustratingly low. Plus, the system seems to discourage experimentation with different perk combos - it feels like you just need to level the gun up to the point where you have the perks you want, and then just leave it as it is. It's slightly too much faff to go off and change the perks for something else, especially when you've got hundreds of weapons to choose from anyway.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I still haven't had a Calus Mini-Tool drop, so can't even start the red bar focussing loop. Sad times.

12 minutes ago, K said:

The drop rate for red-border, craftable weapons seems to be frustratingly low. Plus, the system seems to discourage experimentation with different perk combos - it feels like you just need to level the gun up to the point where you have the perks you want, and then just leave it as it is. It's slightly too much faff to go off and change the perks for something else, especially when you've got hundreds of weapons to choose from anyway.

I got my first mini-tool last night and so managed to sneak in a guaranteed red bar from a focussed umbral engram and then I can get another this week but then what, you need another 3 to even craft one so unless I get lucky (and it's taken me 3 week already to get 'lucky') it's another 3 weeks and then you need to get it to level 16 before you can put in an enhanced perk which, lets face it, will be standing in the thrallway or Shuro-chi for 3 hours. Then you turn around and the season has finished and you don't need the fucking thing anyway because it's all about Arc damage.

They've misjudged the effort needed for weapon crafting massively and whilst you don't NEED to engage in every part of the game and the random rolls are generally good enough, it feels like they need to really allow players to work towards something rather than the minscule RNG chance we have at the moment. I usually check out other players loadouts when I'm playing and I've seen maybe one enhanced weapon, nobody seems to give a fuck.

It would be good if they had some item that worked like the old Three of Coins, whereby when you popped one, you had a chance of getting a craftable red-border weapon drop at the next Containtment or Sever or that Throne World thing where attack and defence is available on alternate days (or whatever). Make them relatively expensive and only available from Xur, but it would at least make you feel like you're making progress with something.

Red-border weapons that you can't craft are the new blue engrams.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23