IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

On 08/07/2022 at 22:54, Crhis said:

Could be a bit of a niche question - I went all in the cheap way and got the Legacy + Witch Queen Deluxe pack on my Turkish PSN account. When I've switched back to my main account I've got the expansions activated but not the season pass. Is there a way to get the season pass to register to my main account?

Seasons don't seem to work with account sharing. A friend and I split expansions and PS Plus, but ever since they started the Season Pass purchasable with silver, they've never been sharable. The person who didn't buy the Deluxe pack with seasons included has always had to spend the £8 or so each time to get them. 

Same with the Duality dungeon this season as well by the looks of it My mate has WQ Deluxe on his account, but I had to get the dungeon separately. 

Seasons passes are tied to your Bungie ID now so they work cross platform unlike expansions but presumably that same mechanic means they can’t be shared.

When Beyond Light was on Gamepass my kids could play fine on my Xbox where I’m the home account but they couldn’t access the season passes I bought (which for me were accessible both on Xbox and also Steam where I primarily play).

Yeah not sure I can be faffed with it. It's just dull (never mind the title is an absolute chore to obtain due to do the objective triumph)

Boo

Booooooo I say

Yeah,the games I had were much better, but the whole playlist-seasonal weapon-ornament thing is such a grind it makes sick of pvp. Bonus points week is only time play pvp now

Now that Sever is over i've kinda lost interest in this season. The Leviathan is nice but the seasonal event just has no variety and it just feels like a slog. As soon as I saw one of the 'weekly' challenges was to open 100 chests, which means doing the event about 50 times I gave up (Expect someone to point out I'm doing that wrong).

1 minute ago, pledge said:

Now that Sever is over i've kinda lost interest in this season. The Leviathan is nice but the seasonal event just has no variety and it just feels like a slog. As soon as I saw one of the 'weekly' challenges was to open 100 chests, which means doing the event about 50 times I gave up (Expect someone to point out I'm doing that wrong).

Think that's fair enough. I'm feeling a little similar although I've been doing more dungeons/gms with chums, but it's cyclical. I'm planning to be back for next season though as I think they've finally got momentum. 

I'm not sure which weekly challenge you mean. There's two that could be open end of event chest (which is 50 I think) or there's one that's oepn chests in the zone (after you do event 2 doors will unlock to 2 chests each time. There are 5 possible doors)

You have to run Containment 50 times for one of the triumphs needed for the Haunted title.

Ive got to the started so I’ll finish point now but it’s a tedious grind and I’ll probably be stepping away once I’ve got the title until next season as much I’ve enjoyed this season I think I’ve had my fill for now having got to 1570 gear and run duality a few times

Looking forward to the next season though as the seasonal content for both Witch Queen have both been excellent.

It is called "Leviathan Chests". Bray.tech says I've done 15/75 chests. My problem has been I'll do the 3 rounds of the event and then completely forget I was doing it to open the chests. It seems a weird thing to include in the weekly challenge. Even though the week is just when you can start doing it, they are usually something you can complete that week.

Holy Monetisation at the ‘upgraded’ event card 

Free basic one doesn’t seem so bad - getting guaranteed 20+ and 10+ stat choices is pretty nice. 

Is there a good rule of how to approach? Eg I want recovery/resilencs so I believe with grouping you put a disc mod in.l normally 

Nor sure how it works when you have two choices 

Can I check my thinking - unless you’re progressing catalyst there’s no need to ‘bank’ exotic weapons as you can easily re-ccquire? Trying to clear out space 

On 23/07/2022 at 15:32, Hexx said:

Can I check my thinking - unless you’re progressing catalyst there’s no need to ‘bank’ exotic weapons as you can easily re-ccquire? Trying to clear out space 

Correct

On 20/07/2022 at 01:12, Hexx said:

Holy Monetisation at the ‘upgraded’ event card 

Free basic one doesn’t seem so bad - getting guaranteed 20+ and 10+ stat choices is pretty nice. 

Is there a good rule of how to approach? Eg I want recovery/resilencs so I believe with grouping you put a disc mod in.l normally 

Nor sure how it works when you have two choices 

The upgraded card seems incredibly poor value for money, given that it is basically a cosmetic bundle set.

Solstice has always felt the most grindy of the events to me, and now there's no accelerators for second and third characters. Don't think I'll be doing it fully this time then, as  things like play 25 crucible or gambit matches (when I've already prestiged them twice). Would be nice if the card had some flexibility rather than you having to complete all of them when you don't like pvp.

At least the seal is only 24 out of 28 required. Seems a bit strange though as would you not already have got the seal by the time you'd be a position to complete these two? 

In Candescent (While wearing a set of fully rekindled Candescent armor, complete dungeons, raids, Master or Grandmaster Nightfalls, or win rounds in Trials of Osiris.) 

From the Ashes (Upgrade multiple pieces of Candescent armor.) You'd need the kindling which would give you the other triumphs. So this must just be there as extras?

(Now I have the seal I can see that the extra 4 are for gilding it)

9 minutes ago, Broker said:

What do I actually do with the solstice ash? I’ve got tonnes of it but I don’t see any option to actually use it for anything? 

If you look at a piece of Solstice armor - it's the last mod slot.

You need to have Kindled the slot (get kindling by doing the solstice challenges, once a slot (e.g. arms is kindled all solistice arms will be kindled).

You can spend Ash to upgrade stats.

You do this 3 times - on the last top level you can choose a stat to aim for (min 20 stats, your ghost mod will let you choose another stat for min 10)

37 minutes ago, Broker said:

Thanks!

Trying to get back into this game is like doing a second degree. I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.

At it's core it's the same basic loop as every season now - "Do the hamster treadmill activities you've always done to earn currency A. Then do new activity to turn Currency A into Currency B. Then use Currency B to do the thing"

The wierdest thing is you can't "Reroll" an item of Armor like most people expected. You can effectively "focus" an item you own (e.g. a hat). - but only once. If you want to try again, you have to focus a new hat from scratch.

It works, once you understand it, but it's another things that feels like a hodge podge of systems held together by duct tape.

For those not aware: if you want to upgrade armour on a different character without doing the event card again for kindling - move the armour piece to your primary character. You can then apply the spark immediately as it has been unlocked for everything in that slot. Only downside is you don’t get the glow effect (it appears until you move it back to the correct character)

This also counts towards the triumph.

And that's challenges done for 4k bright dust.

Think I'll be off the hamster wheel until next season now. Part of me thinks 8 bounties for weekly gambit/strike/cruicible dust isn't too bad though, might be tempted for quick pew. And dungeons/GMs with people.

Still I liked that season - told a nice story and while the activity open world was fairly mindless, it was nice to have 6 decent story missions. The option to replay any at any time was much nicer than 1 available each week rotating approach. They've learnt well.

I can't believe how dumb and boring the Solstice activity is though. It was never most fun but there was an element of challenge rushing about hunting people and getting elemental buffs. Now it's Yellow bars spawning in 1 of 4 or so locations and no elemental buffs. 

I finally went back and finished the quest to earn the Trespasser catalyst the other day - although I still need to farm kills to complete the catalyst's own requirements. I hadn't really been bothering with the gun before, but chaining "superbursts" is a lot of fun. :) 

On 27/07/2022 at 18:23, pledge said:

For those not aware: if you want to upgrade armour on a different character without doing the event card again for kindling - move the armour piece to your primary character. You can then apply the spark immediately as it has been unlocked for everything in that slot. Only downside is you don’t get the glow effect (it appears until you move it back to the correct character)

This also counts towards the triumph.

Did they patch this? I didn’t get a glow up on my 2nd character and ain’t about to start!

12 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Did they patch this? I didn’t get a glow up on my 2nd character and ain’t about to start!

Not sure if they just did, but I was doing it during week 2 of solstice np problem. You do not get the glow, you only get the enhanced stats from the spark you pick. You still need plenty of ash to do the upgrades but its not that bad. I got the gilded title too from it, as it counts towards the 12 upgraded equipment pieces.

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Do it all again and you get the title in orange not purple, with a little number 2 next to it.

Far from all of it. There's usually around 4 triumphs that you need to do each season to gild it. It resets along with each season. 

You keep the title, its just an extra if you want a counter next to it. I'm stuck in the cycle of gilding the Gambit one, even though I dont particularly like Gambit. But you pretty much gild it from the requirements of the season pass to reset the rank twice anyway (as long as you vary weapon type etc).

Flamekeeper is the first one I’ve ever gotten, there always seems to be at least one thing that feels like it’s impossible to do without a team. I have no idea how you’d get the gambit one where you need one person to bank 75 motes without having arranged it, and it becomes very hard to gain more glory for the crucible one once you get to higher ranks as you often get totally useless team mates.

I’m pretty close on deadeye, working towards that by just altering what weapons I use in crucible as I’ve gotten all the ones for just using different weapons in regular play. 

I've been stuck on the triumph for defeating an invader who's using a super since the title was first available. Didn't play at all during the split to Gambit Prime and no-one uses roaming supers in Gambit anymore so 7/10 is what it will remain. Quite fitting for Gambit.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23