Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

I don’t seem to have ever acquired the malfeasance quest so I don’t think I can do the gambit one. It was also a genuine pisstake to do the win a round with 3 gambit weapons equipped one as it only accepts ancient weapons, most of which have been removed from the game. Luckily I had some in the vault. 

Is it me or are there very few stasis mods compared to the other classes? Admittedly, it’s difficult to tell given the absurd system where Ava sells four random ones a day from any class. 

Also, as I’m here (and as the game never explains it) can I just mix and match the class of my armour pieces to make use of different class mods, or is there some kind of bonus for having them the same class as my own? 

Bungie seems to be in general pushing people to lean into single-colour builds, but there's plenty of builds that require a mixed-armour setup. There's no inherent bonus to them being all the same.

The armour affinity and associated mod setups mark the exact point at which I cannot be arsed with the game. If you could slot whatever mods you wanted, then I'd probably experiment a bit, but having specific mods for specific class affinities makes it just complicated enough that I don't really want to get into it.

If anyone is still collecting kindling for their alts altars of sorrow is incredibly efficient. As well as the one for rounds of that, it counts as a public event, has tonnes of bosses, dumps loads of leaves when you finish it and there’s almost always people playing it. 

I've been planning to get back into Destiny 2. Used to play it on PS4 and PC. I initially bought it on release for PS4 and continued playing it on PC when it was made F2P. Now it would suit me best to play it on Xbox but I'm a bit confused about the game. Is it still F2P? Whenever I view an expansion on the MS Store it says I need to purchase another version of the game for it to work. Does it mean the base free game? Is there a bundle that'll give me everything released so far? 

I'm struggling to wrap my head around it all tbh. Been off for a season and a half and not finished the Witch Queen stuff but it's all just busy work and currencies and exchanging other currencies and uuuuuuurgh.

Anyway, I'll see if I can dispense with the creeping FOMO that I've managed to do away with before. Me and @Tetchycould do with someone to run is through the 30th anniversary stuff for Gjallahorn and that if anyone is agreeable at some point.

DARES OF ETERNITY and the Grasp Dungeon I think

Dares is filler pew through activity. I've only done Grasp once but seemed fun. Happy to "help" if needed

30th Anniversary Pack

New Dungeon

Gjallarhorn Exotic Rocket Launcher, Catalyst, and Ornament

New Weapons Inspired by Past Bungie Worlds

Descending Echo Armor Set

Bungie Streetwear Ornament Set

Marathon Themed Ornament Set

Unique Helmet Ornament

Exotic Sparrows

Exotic Ship

Emblems, Shaders, Emotes, and More

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Destiny/Buy/witchqueen?productSku=witchqueendeluxeanniversary

Gives pinnacles and xp

I still do it once a week - get a shard from the weekly bounty

Takrs something like 77 runs to level up xur rep fully to get all cosmetics which is insane 

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

DARES OF ETERNITY and the Grasp Dungeon I think. 

Dares of Eternity is free, though some emotes, shaders and armor sets that are part of the 30th anniversary pack (and which they try to push on Xur’s menu screen) are not. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Do people still do the Dares? I should imagine the playlist is pretty dead by now?

As a fairly new player, I do it pretty regularly. Some decent guns to be had, though the RNG for doing so can be punishing. It doesn’t take long to get a random group together, so it’s still reasonably popular. 

Jesus Christ the mission version of the corrupted strike for the maleficent quest is absolutely impossible. I guess it might be easier with a team but solo I’m just getting blasted off the map over and over again. Maybe I’ll have to give up on the gambit title. 

1 minute ago, Broker said:

Jesus Christ the mission version of the corrupted strike for the maleficent quest is absolutely impossible. I guess it might be easier with a team but solo I’m just getting blasted off the map over and over again. Maybe I’ll have to give up on the gambit title. 

What format are you playing on?

1 hour ago, Broker said:

The one to get the Drifter’s gun? Yeah, it’s pretty horrible. I gave up on trying to do it solo, even after I’d beefed up a bit. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Cross play, innit?

Oh yeah. I’m just now so used to LFG on discord.

Happy to help anyone. You don’t need to bother with microphones outside of raids, for those that are put off by that. 

3 hours ago, Broker said:

It says it’s a recommended 1350, I’m 1574 and getting nowhere solo :lol:

3 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

I gave up on trying to do it solo, even after I’d beefed up a bit. 

I think there's something in place for things like the mission variant of The Corrupted where it either scales everything up to your power level or just ignores any benefits past the equivalent stats at 1350, or something. Someone with more knowledge than me can come and clarify this. With that in mind I guess you'd be relying on finding some good perks, rather than relying on your big numbers.

I still haven't finished it - I've tried solo and in a two-person fireteam.

Most activities scale you down relative to their recommended light level based on the intended difficulty, and for ones which let you go over the level, it's usually only by about 20 light levels IIRC. It's one of the reasons having to grind light level each season to be able to play endgame stuff is a bit bullshitty, as the likes of GMs have a minimum light level to even launch them but scale you down to a fixed -25 no matter what your light level is.

The destiny LFG Discord has a channel specifically for exotic quests, people will jump on and help you if you post your join code in there.

8 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

The destiny LFG Discord has a channel specifically for exotic quests, people will jump on and help you if you post your join code in there.

I keep meaning to join, but the last time I tried, after registering with Discord, it said ‘now go to this website, sign in your Bungie account, face in a south-westerly direction then..:’ and I backed out with an apathetic noise. 

I’m sure it’s great once you’re in there, but getting it all up and running is a bit of a pain in the arse. I’ve stayed away from Discord for years just for such reasons, but now there’s always some game trying to nudge me in there. 

Plus hearing that Drifter’s gun is actually gently awful hasn’t helped me commit. :lol:

4 hours ago, pledge said:

You click a link and press allow. It's about as easy as they can make it. Have you joined one of the rllmuk clans?

I forgot that my Bungie ID is just my PS+ ID so wasn’t as bad as expected. 

No, haven’t joined a Rllmuk clan. I’m a member of some random one that invited me atm, but it’s not too lively.