IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

Yeah it is. Plus there's this:

Solstice Packages award:

Rare and Legendary gear

Enhancement Cores

Materials

Once you’ve earned Legendary Solstice armor, Solstice Packages will reward you with additional armor, so you can hunt for rolls with enhanced perks.

So if you want different perks/stats on the armour, you can still hunt for it in the EAZ from packages.

On 29/07/2019 at 14:31, Nimmel said:

What exotics are Hunters and Warlocks currently using for general PVE solo mooching about?  I've been using sun bracers on the lock which seem pretty good.

If just messing around (I.e. no one on your team is forcing you to go Admin Well) it’s the Chromatic Fire frock. Running around popping elemental firefly explosions is always pure bants. Getaway Artist gloves are also good fun.

On 19/07/2019 at 15:18, auntyclimax said:

If they unlock 60fps for the One X in September then I’ll switch platforms. Looking to offload PS stuff now that next gen is so close.

Was there talk of an 60fps patch?

So I bought Forsaken last year and just recently came back and went to do a Foundry only to find that it says I don't have the annual pass.

Did I miss something I thought that Forsaken was a year ago or do I have to buy the pass again or wait for Shadowkeep? I'm fucking confused.

The annual pass was separate to Forsaken, basically access to the following three seasons of content.

Shadowkeep is a full expansion, one no doubt that will also have a season pass for updates past the first three months.

So basically if you want to play the current content beyond the Forsaken campaign and follow on stuff you need to buy the season pass.

Or you could just wait to come back when Shadowkeep drops with hopefully a decent amount of new content (although the free to play edition of D2 won’t include most of the Forsaken or annual pass content).

I’m doing the latter as also going to switch platforms to PC

2 hours ago, Phelan said:

So I bought Forsaken last year and just recently came back and went to do a Foundry only to find that it says I don't have the annual pass.

Did I miss something I thought that Forsaken was a year ago or do I have to buy the pass again or wait for Shadowkeep? I'm fucking confused.

Yeah, Forsaken had its own Annual Pass, which contained Season of the Drifter (Gambit Prime), Season of the Forge (the Foundries), and Season of Opulence (the Menagerie). Shadowkeep will also have its own Annual Pass. 

1 hour ago, lewismistreated said:

Yeah, Forsaken had its own Annual Pass, which contained Season of the Drifter (Gambit Prime), Season of the Forge (the Foundries), and Season of Opulence (the Menagerie). Shadowkeep will also have its own Annual Pass. 

That's what I thought but I bought the Annual Pass with Foundries and Menagerie so was baffled why I couldn't get access to the foundries when I have access to the Menagerie at the moment?!?

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

That's what I thought but I bought the Annual Pass with Foundries and Menagerie so was baffled why I couldn't get access to the foundries when I have access to the Menagerie at the moment?!?

Very odd! Have you completed the quest steps to unlock the first forge? I can't remember exactly what you have to do. 

4 hours ago, Phelan said:

You can play the Menagerie once without the Annual Pass, have you been able to access it multiple times?

6 hours ago, Phelan said:

So you've not been to see ADA-1? You can't access the Foundries until you get the quest to see her and despite having done this twice in the last 3 months or so I can't remember when it triggers.

On 01/08/2019 at 23:35, Phelan said:

What are you playing on? Sometimes it loses the licenses and you need to download them again. 

Has anyone completed the Solstice yet? I've done the drained armour and just seen the next steps, and it just seems like such a boring grind. None of them are interesting at all, just do even more strikes wearing this armour etc.

I've finished it on my Titan, and can now say that the solstice packages are a massive waste of time once you get the purple set. I've opened well over 30-40 of them, and the drop rate of random rolled solstice armour is pitiful. This, coupled with people leaving the EAZ once the minibosses are killed (due to the 100 minibosses needed on the blue set :facepalm:), makes it pretty pointless to try for better rolls/perks on the armour at present.

At the moment I'd get the purple set, masterwork the one piece, and then vault it. Its worthless without decent perks until Shadowkeep when we get the 2.0 armour version of it. Hopefully Bungie has the data on the 2 issues above and will do something about them. Reddit also has a fair few topics on these 2 issues, so lets hope so.

I'm a bit miffed as I like the look of the armour, but its just unuseable due to duff rolls/perks :(

6 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

This, coupled with people leaving the EAZ once the minibosses are killed (due to the 100 minibosses needed on the blue set :facepalm:),

I've just realised this is 100 personally, not the fireteam. The EAZ is nice enough, but nothing about this quest is fun. I'm disliking the game more and more (and myself for continuing).

8 hours ago, pledge said:

I've just realised this is 100 personally, not the fireteam. The EAZ is nice enough, but nothing about this quest is fun. I'm disliking the game more and more (and myself for continuing).

As long as you do some damage to the miniboss it will count, so its not total doom and gloom. Just very, very close.

4 hours ago, markh said:

This does not sound like the kind of content I would enjoy.

I dont think its the kind of content most players would enjoy to be fair. Reddit is having a field day over the grindiness/repetitiveness of Solstice.

23 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

I dont think its the kind of content most players would enjoy to be fair. Reddit is having a field day over the grindiness/repetitiveness of Solstice.

I think they've overdone it again, as they have done for Mountaintop and Wendigo (and Loaded Question before with it's 40 Strikes :s) I suppose the idea is that you take your time and don't grind so hard, but they should be used to the fact that there's a hardcore base who will want to do that by now!

They are looking at the first two , which is a positive sign, but they need to dial it down a little from the offset. The grind should be the quest for the best rolls, not actually getting the damn armour. 

I also finished my Titan set yesterday. For me, the whole thing wasn't too bad, mainly because I hadn't touched the game in a while, and getting the armor set complete was a guaranteed 750 drop across the board. So I went from round 690 to 747 in the space of a week or so - just need to prioritise a few weapon quests now to close the gap.

That, coupled with the fact that I had a bunch of Exotic Quests waiting for me (Bad Juju, Outbreak, Truth, even Thorn), plus Pinnacle weapons, made the grind a lot more bearable. I really do believe that this is a game best played after having stepped away from it for a decent length of time. The idea of trying to do everything, every season, when all that means if having to grind Forges, or Gambit, over and over just to get something resembling new content just seems exhausting.

Also, if anyone from the clan needs help Masterworking the armor set for the 'run Strikes with clanmates' objectives, let me know. For I too am on that train.

I agree. I recently started some secondary characters and doing this as part of just getting them to level 50 is more bearable. I think if it had just been doing one set rather uncommon and then rare it wouldn't have been that bad - but my reaction seeing that it is the exact same things repeated with higher values (maybe with element changed) was just ugh.

14 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Also, if anyone from the clan needs help Masterworking the armor set for the 'run Strikes with clanmates' objectives, let me know. For I too am on that train.

I will, but I'm a couple of days away from it.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.