IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

In fairness, a lot of them are either directly things you just recognise from playing Destiny, or are a lot of an abstract colour. So yeah, you can get away with it on a lucky round a lot of the time. But that first encounter (which, obvs, is when you're least familiar with them - the purpose of the encounter is to teach them to you) is highly reliant on everyone getting to grips with them, and boy did we have a lot of wipes that ended with someone desperately trying to communicate a set of colours and shapes.

Oh yeah  we had someone typing in the PC chat. No place for note taking in a computer game.

12 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Unrelated - Vox Obsurerererer. How hard is it? Soloable?>

An absolutely miserable time(d section) until I learnt that ramming a Cabal Interceptor into the wheels of a tank fucks it up big time.

55 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Jeepers!

Unrelated - Vox Obsurerererer. How hard is it? Soloable?>

The Hakke weapon perk that does extra damage to vehicles is way more potent than you might expect. Can't remember the name of the rocket launcher but it fucked up the tank.

Honestly though, for those quick missions, I just jump in an LFG group via the Bungie app. It takes about 10 minutes with very little in the way of mechanics. 

Nah, just kill the tanks, shoot the explodey things, punch the psions, shoot the mans.

I did hear someone  compare it to Presage on a podcast or something so was expecting to have to wing it but honestly, it's nothing like Presage. It's basically a strike.

19 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Does he respawn then?

Sparrow straight over. Glaive. Go straight into director and restart. It may be much quicker to do the mission first though as the yellow bars count towards the pinnacle so you will end up with about 70% when done.

The weekly mission just seems so easy compared to legendary campaign due to no dying light and not being under level. Was thinking of skipping it due to it being Ghosts.

I did the 1520 version of the weekly matchmade (twice) and there wasn't really any issue. Biggest problem was the dark areas.

Haven't tried the 1550 version with group finder etc

I’m going through my second campaign for my Warlock on easy and it is laughable how easy it is. I’m basically just going through all the weapons that I need to attune for the deepsight stuff as I haven’t really done any of that. It doesn’t tell you how much you already have of the materials that you extract so I’m just randomly picking one of them as I go. Sure it will all be fine 

Its making me use a good variety of weapons though.

It does tell you when you're near the cap for any given resource (which, you're right, you can't see anywhere else) that the resonance stuff you're about to extract will be partially wasted, so you don't need to worry about doing so without knowing it.

Cleared the second encounter and so nearly cleared the third tonight. Obvs contest mode is now off, but that third encounter is a good hard fight regardless. Wouldn't have wanted to that on Contest, I think. Whereas the fight itself in the start and the first two proper encounters weren't all that testing in the first place, there's a lot of enemies in the third one.

I'm enjoying it! And the symbols are obviously bedding in now. 

12 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Obvs contest mode is now off, but that third encounter is a good hard fight regardless.

The sheer number of orange bars, yellow bars and Champions made me nope the fuck out of that on Contest.

Right, with the reset we had to start from scratch tonight (obviously.) Cleared Acquisition in literally the first attempt, no problem. Caretaker took us longer than it should have really - we fucked the DPS the first time we got to the last two stages (quite quickly) and then didn't get back for ages due to problems elsewhere. But once we knuckled down and took a breath, he was fine.

Then onto Exhibition, which we made good progress on last night, but did not complete. It took us a few runs, but we got there.

So now it's just the end boss to go, if the Season Pass challenge is anything to go by. (No hints, thanks, if anyone does know better - we're 100% blind on it to date.)

It's good fun! Exhibition on non-contest in particular is a highlight. A proper speed killing romp a bit like Shuro Chi.

Let's see if we can get a complete this week!

I do have to say, I'm suffering from symbol overload at times. Both calling the wrong ones, and shooting the wrong ones. It's a lot.

Glad the the Overlords and Future War Chums clans united tonight for first Vow clear!

That final boss is a bastard.

Am now absolutely wired with adrenaline but need sleep before work tomorrow...

1 hour ago, tnman said:

Glad the the Overlords and Future War Chums clans united tonight for first Vow clear!

That final boss is a bastard.

Am now absolutely wired with adrenaline but need sleep before work tomorrow...

👬 so good. Nailed it. I recorded the last bit. I think I talk too much.

Heads up about the bug with Rahool not pondering enough orbs (Ascendant Alloys). We will be fixing this in tomorrow's Hotfix, so it shouldn't be a problem next week. We're also adding a one-time purchase of 2 Ascendant Alloys for the price of one.

From the while the fix is tomorrow, won't be able to buy until Tuesday

Our team tried the 4th encounter in the raid last night. We figured it out and took him to a DPS phase, survived it and reset up for a second round before we needed to get to sleep, so it's looking good for our next session.

That all felt like excellent progress. We'll have him dead on Saturday. Nice!

The Catalyst booster in the season pass - is that just to unlock the catalyst or to activate it?

I've got the Grand Overture's catalyst but no idea if I should do all the kills now with a benefit or not.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.