Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.

Gorf King

Also in the update: lots.

Sunsetting has been sunset.

We’ve made the decision that any weapon or armor that can currently be infused to max Power will continue to be able to reach max Power permanently. Starting in Season 14 we won’t be capping the infusion on any weapons or armor that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13.

Time to kiss and hug that Felwinter's and your Ikelos weapons! You will live on!

Because we won’t be capping any more of our weapons, we must consider more variables in the game balance of our upcoming seasons and releases, so expect to see tuning when it comes to our biggest outliers in PVP and PVE. Yes, I’m looking at you, Felwinter’s and Warmind Cells.  

... oh.

Other stuff: back to a mere 10-level power increase in non-expansion seasons. Changes to PvP including stasis nerfs, enhancements to Trials to encourage solo and more casual players; cross-play will be opt-in (or opt-invite). VoG will have challenges added and a Master version. Ada will return to offer transmog for either quest completions or cold, hard silver and shaders will be unlockables so don't take up inventory space.

Fine tuning certain guns and mechanics sounds A-OK to me - it's what really should have been done, but the barrier of entry for some guns was so fucking high during year 1 and 2 that they had to make the time spent worth it to sweaty folk, and doing it then would have made people up and quit in the game's relative infancy. Although I'm fully expecting to be upset myself when they come for something that I've actually got that's good, like Adored.

On the other hand: my near PvE god roll Time-Worn Spire (Feeding Frenzy/All For One) is here forever after the original became uncompetitive in Year 1 (where I used it strictly as my PvP weapon of choice along with Battle Scar), and it feels good. After losing Adhorative, it's a fine alternative.

All sounds pretty good, scrapping the seasonal grind is the big win. The thought of slogging through the same old stuff to play the new stuff yet again when I know I'll have to do it again in 3 months is the main reason I've not booted up this season yet. No sunsetting is an added bonus. 

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

What makes felwinter so good? I tried it but didn't notice any difference to other shotguns. 

It's a curated roll with range masterwork. It still works like any other shotgun so you need that ability to run round a corner with it ready, it just seems to be super accurate and works from further away than most others.

There's a reason 90% of PvP  run it. I've been seeing the Iron Banner SMG (something Mach ccx) and Time Worn Spire a lot too.

Trying to grind out the last 2 Iron Banner quests is interminable. And fuck Saladin's Gauntlet. I need 10 power weapon kills and for some reason my Code Duello that does stupid damage with a massive blast radius in PvE is entirely useless in Crucible*. Let's not get started on Stasis.

*Cack handed dolt status of the person weilding it notwithstanding.

I honestly can't imagine running Rocket Launchers in Crucible, considering the heavy ammo constraints and the time between reloads. Sounds like absolute hell in a sweaty environment.

Definitely more of an Acrius/Tractor Cannon shitter if I really had to pick up the brick. Legendary Machine Gun if I wanted to go all rootin' tootin' with Dead Man's Tale. I miss my Hammerhead.

In other news: Me and a fellow clan member started the Xenophage quest, and ventured into the first encounter of Pit of Heresy and completed that bit. For something we both completely fucked off early on into the release of Shadowkeep, it's really good! I felt like a galaxy brain when I realised I had to reflect the bullets for the second fight in that. Between Pit and Prophecy, there's a nice amount of content to plod through mind.

It's a shame the Dungeons don't give out a smaller amount of Spoils of Conquest, though - It would be nice to have a way to slowly get legacy Raid guns without needing six people. I don't mind rerunning those missions considering the loot is reissued, anyway.

Oh you get that currency from dungeons? Wicked, I thought I would never get that shit.

Also Wardcliffe Coil seems to be very prevalent. Rocket launcher seemed the most viable option because of the nature of Control. And that the Code Duello is bent to shit in PvE. Should've known better.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh you get that currency from dungeons? Wicked, I thought I would never get that shit.

No, you don't. That's what I was suggesting. Bungo pls :(

Hopefully sunsetting being sunset means more raids when the next couple of seasons kick off (although tbh, Presage and DMT is fucking great and well worth the price of admission. Although I'm mostly saying that because this season was basically free via the 1000 Silver I got from some fucking launch bonus for the game or Forsaken)

1 hour ago, Siri said:

It's a shame the Dungeons don't give out a smaller amount of Spoils of Conquest, though - It would be nice to have a way to slowly get legacy Raid guns without needing six people. I don't mind rerunning those missions considering the loot is reissued, anyway.

Ive just been doing the first chest, as it only takes about five minutes per character once you've learnt the route through the blizzard.

8 minutes ago, tnman said:

Why don't you do a raid with us?

I've tried it before, but raiding is too much. I don't find it fun at all. There's too many moving parts to pay attention to, too much that isn't just shoot things in the tits. The 3 man dungeons are like mini versions of that that don't take up an evening/all my mental resources.

Deep Stone Crypt is the easiest raid you'll ever likely to get, picked up in no time and you can pretty much get through on a 'just stand there and shoot that' scholarship. You might hear a bit of 'pick that up and dunk it over there' but the mechanics are very slight compared to most other raids.

I can see where you’re coming from, know lads who just don’t like the stress from the roles and responsibilities of it all. The key thing is having a chill group who aren’t militant and don’t get excitable or stressed about fuckups, roles, loadouts or whatever cos you’re decent enough to not worry about it. Then you can just shoot and super what you like and it’s just so fun.

I'm definitely up for a 'My First Deep Stone Crypt' run if we can get enough interest. I did all the D1 raids and Leviathan and loved all of them but totally fell of from raiding after that as my fireteam gradually stopped playing. 

46 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

I can see where you’re coming from, know lads who just don’t like the stress from the roles and responsibilities of it all. The key thing is having a chill group who aren’t militant and don’t get excitable or stressed about fuckups, roles, loadouts or whatever cos you’re decent enough to not worry about it. Then you can just shoot and super what you like and it’s just so fun.

What about jumping puzzles Mikey? :twisted:

13 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Trying to grind out the last 2 Iron Banner quests is interminable. And fuck Saladin's Gauntlet. I need 10 power weapon kills and for some reason my Code Duello that does stupid damage with a massive blast radius in PvE is entirely useless in Crucible*. Let's not get started on Stasis.

*Cack handed dolt status of the person weilding it notwithstanding.

I think they just patched this. I'm suddenly on step 3 and I didn't get a single power weapon kill. It now says I got 10/10.

I'm actually really liking Dead Man's Tale. It feels like I'm playing COD2 and have a WW2 rifle.

Is there some glitch or they made battlegrounds easier? It seemed to have 3 clear boss stages, where he was immune between each one. But I've had a few occasions where my team mates just defeated him almost immediately. Similar thing happened in a few strikes recently where it kept saying rejoining allies and it kept skipping sections entirely (I'd not joined late).