Jump to content

Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.


Gorf King
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't really bother with "developer commentary" stuff at all, but I had some spare time recently and so I looked at the Presage "deep dive". It's nice to hear them talking about trying some new ideas that motivate everyone into coming up with wild designs and things.

 

The video is over an hour long though, so you'll need to make yourself comfortable (or play on double-speed or whatever. :P )

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've finished the Forsaken Campaign quest last night :) that was fantastic. Cant believe years have passed since it was first released and it still feels as good if not better than any FPS experience available today. Moving straight onto Shadowkeep tonight I think once I tidy up my inventory a bit. I'm still all over the place in terms of figuring out what to keep, what to dismantle, what to upgrade and what to do with 80% of the shit I have in Inventory but its not taking anything away from my enjoyment of things.

 

The one thing I am absolutely clear on though and I cant see me ever changing, is my choice of Hand Cannon for my Hunter. Sunshot. Oh beautiful, delightful, gloriously pretentious Sunshot I love you so much! I try almost every weapon that I pick up and usually end up moving between variants of Hand Cannons, Assault Rifles and SMGs but I always end up back with Sunshot. The way it can effortlessly turn one kill into 4 or 5 with the explosive finish almost feels too powerful at times. So naturally I use it every chance I get :lol:

 

I'm going to do a fair bit of reading up today on how to create Master Works and find a full armour set that calls out to me so I have a side gig to focus on as I plough through all this Campaign history but the Legacy pack with all the content and existing season is easily the best £40 I have spent this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Tell me more @Uncle Mike I have a Warmind cell mod in use at the moment but its based on racking up kills with a Seven Seraph weapon, which my favourite AR is. Should I be switching that out?

 

There's one Warmind mod that generates cells on instances of final solar splash damage (Wrath of Rasputin, I think.) That plus Sunshot is obviously a GOOD THING. And if you can get a few more, there's one (Global Reach) that extends the radius of the cell explosion, one (Burning Cells) that adds solar DoT to the damage and one (Rage of the Warmind) that adds more damage to the cell explosion.

 

I have Wrath/Global Reach/Burning Cells equipped and it was hilarious doing the Sunshot catalyst (even though I had to switch it off because too many things died of other causes than the Sunblast.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Oh and while I'm here... do I need Upgrade Modules every time I want to infuse stuff or is there a way to do it using only glimmer and legendary shards?

 

Modules for all infusion unless it's the same weapon/armour piece (in which case it's just glimmer). Yes, it is a pain in the ass. Basically, don't infuse until you've stopped levelling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Sunshot + the solar Warmind cell mods is a match made in heaven. As I discovered over the weekend when I was finally completing the catalyst for it.

Yeah, I did a strike with that and ashen wake and ended up with 3 times as many kills as the other guys, it was ridiculous. Constant grenades and explosions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Cheers man. Will get a look at the solar focus tonight as right now I still have a few items using Void purely because I haven't a clue what to double down on.

 

Catalyst? :huh:

 

Most Exotic guns have a catalyst that drops at random (or sometimes from a special activity) that enhances their stats and adds other effcts. These can have many steps to "unlock" it once it's dropped, usually culminating in shooting many, many baddies. Sunshot requires you to get kills from the explosion you create from shooting (precision killing?) Enemies for example.

 

Edit: if that's what you're asking, sorry if you know this already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

I've finished the Forsaken Campaign quest last night :) that was fantastic. Cant believe years have passed since it was first released and it still feels as good if not better than any FPS experience available today. Moving straight onto Shadowkeep tonight I think once I tidy up my inventory a bit. I'm still all over the place in terms of figuring out what to keep, what to dismantle, what to upgrade and what to do with 80% of the shit I have in Inventory but its not taking anything away from my enjoyment of things.

 

 

I'm sure, as a previous Destiny player, you know about this but this will provide all the tools you need to know what to shard or keep.

 

https://destinyitemmanager.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only fairly 'clever' combination I have at the moment is the use of Lucky Pants legs and high mobility so I more or less never need to reload. Between the precision hits on my AR reloading my holstered Sunshot (Thank you Lucky Pants) and Marksmans Dodge re-charging within something like 14 seconds I rarely need to use a traditional re-load. A game changing technique it is not and both weapons reload that fast anyway I'm probably not saving a lot of time... but it looks cool when it works and reading back a few pages it appears that is all Hunters are good for :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

 

There's one Warmind mod that generates cells on instances of final solar splash damage (Wrath of Rasputin, I think.) That plus Sunshot is obviously a GOOD THING. And if you can get a few more, there's one (Global Reach) that extends the radius of the cell explosion, one (Burning Cells) that adds solar DoT to the damage and one (Rage of the Warmind) that adds more damage to the cell explosion.

 

I have Wrath/Global Reach/Burning Cells equipped and it was hilarious doing the Sunshot catalyst (even though I had to switch it off because too many things died of other causes than the Sunblast.)

Is this mainly a PVE-build? 

 

I'm probably not alone in this, but I mainly ignore that last column of mods (the warmind cells, charged with light, the rifts etc). I just don't have the mindset for creating and tinkering builds.

 

Will happily take someone else's though. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Parksey said:

Is this mainly a PVE-build? 

 

I'm probably not alone in this, but I mainly ignore that last column of mods (the warmind cells, charged with light, the rifts etc). I just don't have the mindset for creating and tinkering builds.

 

Will happily take someone else's though. 

 

 

Those builds are 90% PVE, really.

 

Go to collections and list here what combat style mods you currently have. If you haven't been buying them off Banshee (and the new ones from the HELM) then you likely don't have many. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Head to the Tower, in the Hangar area, to find Xur this week. For his weapon, Xur is offering The Jade Rabbit. Hunters can pick up the Lucky Raspberry chest armor; for Titans, there's the Ashen Wake guantlets; and for Warlocks, Xur has the Starfire Protocol chest armor.

 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-where-is-xur-this-week-exotic-items-location-guide-april-16-20/1100-6490245/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heir Apparent is good fun - takes a while to spin up but then it's a beast and has the shield. Reminds me a bit of Sweet Business. Just trying to get the Catalyst at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Heir Apparent is good fun - takes a while to spin up but then it's a beast and has the shield. Reminds me a bit of Sweet Business. Just trying to get the Catalyst at the moment.

Apparently dunking gold and platinum medals makes it more likely. I've not played any guardian games yet so not sure how hard that is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty easy - you can complete the Nightfall Card in one run for a Platinum and it's 1 to 2 Strikes or Gambit matches for Golds (assume the same for Crucible). If you do the cards for the daily playlist (which was Strikes until the reset today), you get extra Laurels too. I did a few hours last night and got the Triumph for three Strike cards plus the Heir Apparent and dunked a load of medals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've recently done the steps needed to "get" the Heir Apparent catalyst, but I'll still need to complete the catalyst's own objective.

 

I did take the gun into Presage, and it's good at mowing down Screebs and Ravagers during set-pieces like that restricted zone in the hangar. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Normal Strikes, either from the Strikes playlist or the Guardian Games playlist: Bronze.

Nightfalls: Silver.

Complete a Gold card: Gold.

Complete a Platinum card: Platinum.

 

So if you do a Nightfall and complete a Platinum (Nightfall) card whilst doing so, you get two medals - one Silver, one Platinum.

 

I assume it's similar for Crucible/Gambit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.