Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

30 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Well there is if you want to do all of them as they take them down eventually. How long was vault of glass on before it disappeared? 

Forever. You've been able to play it every day since launch. It's still there. Same with all the other raids.

Pretty fun night with our fireteam last night. Whilst a couple of guys were off getting raid ready (because apparently selling your house and buying a new one means you can't play Destiny, pfft)  three of us decided to do the nightfall. And we did it with 7 seconds to spare. And then we did some competitive crucible and battered the opposing team in the first match 4-0, and then we matched up with some more proficient players, went down 2-0, pulled one back to get to 2-1, then went 3-1 down. Then managed to pull it round to 3-3, and then in a final round annihilation, where I don't think we lost a single life, we triumphed 4-3 ,  Man it felt good.

Spoilers in 'ere. For reference, we did the first proper encounter, and just about sussed out the second when the 5am alarm crew had to call time for the night. Spoilers for both follow.

I think I'm a bit disappointed in it so far? While I like the idea of how they've restructured it the reality of it, with the repetition of the door-opening mechanic, feels a bit lazy. I loaded back in after we quit to hunt around the opening area and couldn't see a straight line back to the encounter we left, which implies we'll have to open the door again tonight when we resume. 

The baths section is basically the relay buff run from the start of Kings Fall, tagging in and out before doing DPS in the middle. The next bit is essentially Gorgons, but you have to kill them. It's not that they've run out of ideas per se. I guess familiarity is bound to set in eventually, there's only so many things you can do with six people and guns.

Worst of all is the loot, or lack of it. After the baths we found a chest with like 500 glimmer in it and nothing else. I got a key for a chest that I couldn't find, some rep token for a vendor which seemingly won't appear until we finish the entire raid, and one luminous engram which dropped gear from the normal (ie non-raid) loot table. Where's my cool new shit, and why don't I get it for finishing the encounter? Clearly we have missed something - and it's something I feel like I'm going to have to look up on reddit because it's so obtuse, which is a) not how I like to raid and b) something Bungie were supposed to be trying to avoid.

So, yeah, a bit deflated so far. Itching to get back to it, of course. Stupid brilliant game. 

Had my first decent session last night with @Shimmyhill and a friend of ours from work and it felt like that destiny of old feeling. Lols were had by all and we blew stuff up in the process and I have to say Bungo have done a great job! Apart from the fact for love nor money can I get a legendary kinetic drop....at all....for any reason...RNGesus hates me....

@Nate Dogg III you're slightly ahead of us, because I think you've tried the part we only just arrived at. So I haven't read most of your spoiler. However (regarding navigation and loot):

Spoiler

You don't need to repeat things, I  think. It's not a straight line, but I think you are able to get to the Gardens without going back through the Castellum.

I suspect if you went back through that way, you'd also have to do the Baths again.

The structure is odd, though. We were extremely disappointed to not get any loot, even though we found the place to use the Baths key.

57 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

@Nate Dogg III you're slightly ahead of us, because I think you've tried the part we only just arrived at. So I haven't read most of your spoiler. However (regarding navigation and loot):

Reveal hidden contents

You don't need to repeat things, I  think. It's not a straight line, but I think you are able to get to the Gardens without going back through the Castellum.

I suspect if you went back through that way, you'd also have to do the Baths again.

The structure is odd, though. We were extremely disappointed to not get any loot, even though we found the place to use the Baths key.

I deleted your hidden post because I can see them. 

Might be worth people naming their spoilers 'RAID SPOILER' or 'QUEST SPOILER' like the game of thrones thread did for episodes. 

14 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

When free-roaming you'll often see something and think I wonder what's behind that etc... More often that not, they'll be a nice gold chest.

Gold chests are marked on the map as that little cross icon dotted about the place.

The rainbow symbols show a hidden path to somewhere.

32 minutes ago, Baring said:

I deleted your hidden post because I can see them. 

Might be worth people naming their spoilers 'RAID SPOILER' or 'QUEST SPOILER' like the game of thrones thread did for episodes. 

Thanks, and sorry. I hope it didn't ruin anything. Maybe a raid thread?

10 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

Who got the worlds first and how long did it them them? Fingers crossed that it wasn't Broman.

Destiny clan The Legend Himself was first to the finish line, after dropping the challenge's final boss in around five and a half hours.

Dozens of top Destiny clans raced to claim the world first, including streamers Datto and Gothalion. But The Legend Himself got there first, around 11.30pm last night UK time.

13 minutes ago, K said:

I think about the only negative in this so far is the voice actor for Failsafe, although that alone means this is the worst AAA release so far this year and probably one of the worst games ever.

It is the Jar Jar Binks of Destiny.

so I went in casually to the tower to see what was up yesterday and this engram was just sitting there for me. I actually have no clue how I earned that. you can almost see the dopamine in my cursor movements. 

Spoiler

So I realise I'm a bit behind everyone, but I've just moved house and we finally get the internet connection going live today. Copy of the game is sat in the PS4, ready to roll - but what should I be doing first? Single player campaign? Something different entirely?

There is not much of a choice to be honest:

- Story with optional Adventures and Loot Caving (it'll make sense within the game, just took at the map)

- Crucible

Everything else such as Strikes is locked away. Story is well good by the way :)

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.