Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

2 minutes ago, K said:

Random question - will you still be able to do Presage in the new season? Could you still do the Hawkmoon mission during this season?

Yes to both. I think Bungie said previous season activities stick around for at least four seasons, or something to that effect.

New season looks adequate. Hopefully the Pinnacle Quest is hot shit (in a positive manner of speaking) like Presage - That's what caused me to actually pick up the Season Pass for Chosen and rinse the bloody thing to 160 or something absurd. I barely reached 100 in my most played season (uh, whatever the one Saint was reintroduced in), I guess the Seasonal Challenges helped massively in that regard.

I suspect I'll hit something like 250 by the time this season is over. Previous seasons I have struggled to get to 100. Anyway, Season of the Splicer looks interesting enough although a lot will come down to whether the seasonal activity is good like Battlegrounds or not so good like Wrathborn Hunts and also whether the new Pinnacle Mission can get anywhere near the level of Presage.

Trailer team continue to bring the hype.

Bungie.net has some more info and details of the new exotics...

(removed, forgot that the forum doesn't do spoilers. Titans continue to be the best class.)

Sartorialists rejoice, not only is there a Vault of Glass raid jacket, but you can set pulses racing with a matching raid ring.

Those new Titan legs sound like fun, especially if you pair them with Ticuu’s. 

I wish they’d put in XP boosters for the catalyst quests for previous seasons. The absolutely glacial progress on those quests is quite wearying. 

1 hour ago, Sloth said:

Trailer team continue to bring the hype.

Bungie.net has some more info and details of the new exotics...

(removed, forgot that the forum doesn't do spoilers. Titans continue to be the best class.)

I don't think it's a spoiler, as they're all advertised in advance on Bungie's site.

Star-Eater Scales

Allows Hunters to feast upon Orbs of Power, charging their Super more quickly and making it more potent.

s14_armaments_carousel_3.jpg

The Path of Burning Step

Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with Stasis.

s14_armaments_carousel_4.jpg

Boots of the Assembler

Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies to bless them with noble benefits.

s14_armaments_carousel_5.jpg

If star eater scales combined with celestial nighthawk make it so golden gun does more burst damage than those stupid titan's & their stupid cuirass, I'll be happy. Stupid titans.

Edit: Wait, that's two exotic armor pieces...stupid hunter

Yeah well I’m back in. Chosen was my most played season since Forsaken originally dropped and my first seasonal title.

Got to max power and level 189 so properly rinsed it.

I doubt they’ll top Presage but seasonal activity looks promising and well it’s a good trailer isn’t it.

Most problematic thing is it drops the same week as the Mass Effect remaster so I really shouldn’t let my Destiny fixation re-emerge!

Very excited for next season. A ‘new’ raid, plus the well-paced elements of this season is definitely something to look forward to.

I’m glad that this season’s apparently initially meagre offerings proved me wrong and kept me playing most of the time.

5 hours ago, Gorf King said:

I don't think it's a spoiler, as they're all advertised in advance on Bungie's site.

Star-Eater Scales

Allows Hunters to feast upon Orbs of Power, charging their Super more quickly and making it more potent.

s14_armaments_carousel_3.jpg

The Path of Burning Step

Titan armor that converts Solar eliminations into increased weapon damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with Stasis.

s14_armaments_carousel_4.jpg

Boots of the Assembler

Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies to bless them with noble benefits.

s14_armaments_carousel_5.jpg

So, in a nutshell:

Hunters are finally a bit less rubbish.

Titans are still the best.

Warlocks might infect their team-mates with the worst jump ever. Maybe.

On 30/04/2021 at 09:02, tnman said:

Vault of Glass.

22 May at 6pm.

:omg: 

Completed it mate.

156 times :/

Apparently I cleared that fancy Strike Crota's End more. Probably because it was just a fancy Strike.

I dunno. I'll have a go or two, maybe 120. I'd love it to not be just VoG again with some Champions, but then I guess Bungie have pulled in a ton of more players since D2 who've never experienced it.

9 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Warlocks might infect their team-mates with the worst jump ever. Maybe.

Old argument done a million times but still the only class that doesn't have (need) an exotic to improve their jump. 

That new warlock exotic sounds utter shite compared to the other two. 

It’s because the Warlock doesn’t have a double tap to save for the fat thumbers out there. Favourite jump, once you commit you can just float gracefully and with precision to your destination. 

With the exotic though, WTF of course Warlocks won’t be using the rift for helping other people, it’s their emergency lifesaver when they are getting smashed and yes they will sit on it thanks.

1 hour ago, luckypierre said:

Old argument done a million times but still the only class that doesn't have (need) an exotic to improve their jump. 

That new warlock exotic sounds utter shite compared to the other two. 

I'm hoping that Ikora dies in one of the upcoming storylines and then all Warlocks have to kill themselves to, I dunno, make the Traveller shine a bit brighter or something (and I say this as a Warlock main). Bungie clearly hates 'locks and I'd much rather a quick death than the death by a thousand cuts like we have now. 

Worst jump, worst (and slowest) melee, shit exotics (that get nerfed if one somehow turns great) and easily teh recipient of the most brutal and swift nerfs of any of the classes.

Breaks my heart and I'll sooner quit the game than main a tramp hunter or Fisher Price my first character - Titan.

It’ll be nice if the solar damage increase from the Titan armour is worth it - my Polaris Lance w/ Dragonfly is still being used because explosions are fun. See also: Code Duello.

The Warlock perk sounds a bit “hey, your support guy can be a caster now”. :P hopefully the “seeking” is generous…

27 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

TWAB

Season of the Splicer info, patch notes, things to do before this season ends, shaders, etc.

HUNG JURY IS COMING BACK!!! :omg:

Of course, Scouts have been in the toilet for pretty much all of D2's life and I'll likely never use it but still, a decent roll with a dragonfly mod and it might rekindle some of that head-popping feeling from D1.

The Hunter armour ornaments are pretty slick too. No idea what the fuck Warlocks and Titans have got on their heads in those armour pics though. Bungie's art direction is second to none but their armour design for most of D2 has left a lot to be desired. With transmog coming, I was initially a bit peeved at the shitty grind they've put in front of it but honestly, there's maybe only 4 to 5 really nice armour sets in collections.

With there having been such vocal relish for the seasonal grind being reduced from 50 powerful levels + 10 pinnacle to just 10 pinnacle, I'm surprised there hasn't been any real commentary on the brakes being applied to that by the change to seasonal armour unlocking.

Previously, you would earn this armor by leveling your Season Rank and unlocking new pieces on the Seasonal Track. Moving forward, Seasonal Armor will be earned from Seasonal activities. You'll also be able to guarantee pieces from these sets using Focused Umbral Engrams. Season Rank levels that once featured armor have been updated with packages of Glimmer, Legendary Shards, Upgrade Modules, Exotic Engrams, Enhancement Cores, and Enhancement Prisms. Universal Armor Ornaments will continue to be earned towards the end of the Season Pass.

In previous seasons these were unlocked at par power across all characters simultaneously, which greatly helped with cascading power across characters - even (especially) when you get into the pinnacle-only tier, as the unlocks became focussed slot fillers that tracked you all the way to max pinnacle level. If umbral engrams act as they do now, this change means you'll a) have to do all the seasonal stuff on every character on which you want to farm the engrams to get the gear, and b) they'll stop at 10 levels under max - so effectively they won't help one bit with the pinnacle grind. That puts an end to cascading power through your characters, effectively removing the only targeted pinnacle armour source from the game.

I wasn't feeling particularly enthused about the new season but there's currently an overlap in Microsoft Rewards deals meaning you can get 5,000 Reward Points back for buying 1,000 Silver. Combined with the 10% Game Pass discount that makes the effective price about £3.50, so why not?

Sure, but for me it's less a question of quality – the seasonal stuff is basically an 'excuse' to engage with the core mechanics, which continue to be fun – and more if the game's going to start to feel like work again. There's enjoyment to be had with logging in every few days and ticking off a few things, but I find the spell is easily broken when it's pushing me to queue up for Crucible playlists that I've no interest in or I'm staring at a quest log brimming with Catalyst quests that won't be finished before Destiny 3.

GaaS isn't really for me as I've completionist tendencies, so I tend to either play a service game a lot or drop it entirely. For the price of a sandwich I'll give it a shot, though. (Also the money was redeemed using Rewards as well.)

Actually got in first time on Xbox; opening mission is indeed very Tron meets the Vex and basically a bit like the agility simulation mission on Europa (complete with annoying jumping bit at the end).

Bagged my freezy sidearm, now to investigate what else is new (they seem to have changed the director a bit...)

Edit: well turns out I won’t be doing any more investigating as kicked whenever I try and load an activity. Ah Bungie new content launch day, never change 

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.