Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

16 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

There also seemed to be a lot more power weapons in use in that video 8-)

There are a few exotics in that video, including some that are in Destiny 1 now.

Also proof that the exotics in the beta will be available to other classes.

Destiny's always had a great selection of merch. Laugh all you want, but I bet some of you will have a few of these clinking away in your tumbler come that first raid night:

Destiny-Tricorn-Ice-Cube-Tray-ice.jpg

They make a quite distinctive sound, so just be aware next time you're on comms. Fortunately, the D2 onesie is, I understand, silent in operation.

(The best thing, which is possibly the actual best thing, is one of the set of D2 Christmas tree baubles you can get. But unfortunately, that one - an almost perfect representation of the Traveller - comes in a set of six, with the others all being woefully inappropriate: symbols for each class, a picture of your ghost, and a really festive 'you're dead' flaming skull emblem. Brilliant idea for the kids' first nativity, that last one. But a full set of Travellers hanging off your tree is a genuinely great idea - or as great as these kinds of ideas get, anyway.)

This Week at Bungie details some the changes made in response the console beta, which will make their way into the PC one:

One of our goals for Destiny 2 has been to create two different ways to challenge yourself against other players. From this point forward, to allow for more varied experiences between the playlists, matchmaking for Quickplay and Competitive will be tuned separately. Along with some other changes to the rule sets for specific game types, these are the moods we want to cultivate in the new Crucible.

Quickplay

Matchmaking times will be shorter, with less emphasis on Skill. This is the fastest route to a game, but you may face opponents outside of your comfort zone. The winning score in Control has been extended from 75 to 100 to allow for more time to play and use your abilities. Because too many matches were shorter than we expected (some Guardians weren’t even able charge their Super) we’ve extended the trigger for the Mercy rule so it will come into play less often.

Competitive

Matchmaking takes more time to introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection. These matchmaking settings may take longer, but we feel that the quality of the gameplay experience will be worth the wait. We have also made improvements to the way we calculate your skill in Countdown to better reflect how you’ll perform against your opponents.

We always use an element of your skill rating when we match you with opponents or teammates, whether in a pre-made Fireteam or going in solo. In all cases, the average rating of the team is taken into account when looking for matches. As always, we’ll be eager to hear from you all about how this feels.

Sandbox Designer Josh Hamrick has notes on how to survive when you come under fire in the PC Beta.

Josh: First, Sandbox would like to give big thanks to everyone who played in the D2 console Beta! I can happily say that a lot of issues you all encountered are things we were tracking. I can even happilyerly say that, because of your hard work and dedication to making D2 awesome, there were a few things you reported that have now been fixed. Seriously, THANK YOU.

With the PC Beta coming up, we’ll have another chance to sample the mayhem. This will be an opportunity for you to experience a few tweaks that have been made that will help make for a more enjoyable D2 experience all around. Here’s a list of the major adjustments in the PC Beta.

FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch

Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch

This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch

Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes

With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super

This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE

Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE

This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more Power ammo in PvE than what was found before. Power ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

We know you’ll be doing everything in your power to discover shenanigans. Sandbox is optimistic that, with these big changes to the build, the PC Beta will be several steps closer to the game you will find in your hands in (less than) a month from now. We will be playing and watching right alongside you all, ready to document additional issues that you might find along the way. Happy hunting!

tl;dr RIP Warlock melee.

I think when the details come out we will see that the charged warlock melee has the same range it had in the beta, which was the same as the hunter charged melee. Problem was uncharged melee has the same long range, uncharged hunter melee had a much reduced range.

22 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Only savages put ice in their whisky. ;)

Be nice for Old Fashioneds, though. :)

16 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Ice is acceptable in bourbon but otherwise agreed. Still want that ice cube tray regardless. 

Yes, I don't often agree with LeChuck, but when it comes to Whisky! Keep those Icecubes for your Bourbon trash. 

Neat shot of single malt should have room temperature water added to it only, in small measures.. and done progressively as you drink it. 

Edge 'The Official Magazine of Destiny' Issue 310 Hype:

The most immediate, and frequent, manifestation of the future of interactive entertainment is, of course, the sequel. There are plenty of those dotted around this issue – indeed, one graces this month’s cover, and it’s one of our most anticipated games of the year. You’ll find out more soon: your new issue is on its way to you now.

E310peek.thumb.png.5cc9d409fba34ffc223ff918efe1f7ce.png

Hmm. I wonder what that could be.

Fuck yeah. I trust you petitioned them to Make Hunters Great Again, Nate.

Hunter is clearly Best Class as it's the only reason we ever beat Skolas. That "magic bubble thing" and "coming back from the dead" were good, but really, if I hadn't been able to vanish, disarm two bombs, come back, then hide until you made the bad men go away, would we have triumphed? Guys? Hello?

I started Destiny with a hunter and put a lot of hours into him swearing I wasn’t going to make the other characters as I wasn’t that sad..

Obv Warlock was the best class because space magic but still had a soft spot for the ol hunter and given the Warlock has been fully gimped in this pretty sure a hunter will be main again.

Not sure what my point was really but go team hunter!

Ohh I forgot about the other one, no idea why anyone would want to be a chimney sweep so easily forgotten I guess!

On 05/08/2017 at 10:12, Oz said:

the placement of destiny 2 on the battlenet shop list says a lot about how blizzard feels about the decision to sell it on their store.

Capture.PNG

at the bottom AND on their own tab so no one confuses that for a blizzard game. lol

Capture.PNG

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.