rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Jeez, the difference between the opening mission and the rest of the game is pretty stark here. Like that's always been a thing with Destiny, but this takes it to pretty daft extremes with like half an hour of expensive CG cutscenes and then dumping you in a grey empty wasteland.

• Upvote 1

Is thete something to sink glimmer in now the gunsmith has changed?

edit - the campaign takes you to one :)

Anybody getting a boar error on Xbox? Tried to get on at 7 and it said expansion content appears to be damaged or missing. Deleted the full bastard thing, downloaded again and still getting the error. Fuck Bungie.

This news may shock you, but the triumphs are a bit bugged. I’ve already earned some for things I can’t possibly have done, like won a crucible match using only bows, or completing a Forsaken strike. I can’t believe this got through Bungie’s watertight quality control. 

• Upvote 1

I noticed that EP is still recommended 380? Might actually be worth a shot now that the new power level adjustments makes that more attainable. I still have some levelling to do though...

1 hour ago, K said:

This news may shock you, but the triumphs are a bit bugged. I’ve already earned some for things I can’t possibly have done, like won a crucible match using only bows, or completing a Forsaken strike. I can’t believe this got through Bungie’s watertight quality control. 

Same here, I unlocked about 7 crucible triumphs I have definitely not done, as they all involved being in a 4 man fire team. But I didn't seem to get any reward anyway.

Really like the Triumph concept though, gives you lots of stuff to work towards and feeling of making progress in everything you do, trickle feeding goodies. Same with all the new quest stuff, and dailies etc.

I've got a daily to complete 3 challenges in strikes, but where do I find the challenges? They ain't in triumphs.

when you get to the hunt section pro tip - they have different reccomemded power levels. Just got stuck in one 20 above me and got mullered by boss  

Not keen on the Warlocks new arc super :(

In general so so far so good, it feels like destiny content and plenty to do but not blown away by it - had about 10 rounds in the crucible, it’s ok but the few rounds I had on Destiny crucible earlier were much more fun.

So far in 5 successive bounty/tokens/ engrams i got two better devils and 2 of the same swords - even for Bungo standards that many dupes in 30 seconds is pretty good going!

To end on a positive note there is something that is vastly better these days playing Destiny 2 over the original... 7 hour session and the PS4 pad didn’t run out of juice! Now I know that’s not strictly Bungos doing but it is pleasing none the less :) 

5 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Imagine not wanting to murder Cayde after doing the first mission.

We did the daily heroic adventure on Earth and the fucker’s alive again. Infuriating. 

Enjoying this a lot, obviously, because it’s new Destiny and I have a blue hand cannon with Outlaw on it. Resentfully going to bed now. 

I'm not keen on the amount of mats needed to update stuff just now (25 datalattice to infuse stuff into the good legendary auto rifle I got) but I'm sure it won't be too bad after a month or so of Flashpoints.

I love the new titan missile super, and the melee attack for that just basically feels like a slightly smaller super. The quest to unlock the new ones was shite though compared to the one in TTK that actually had proper setup and backstory.

You can get 100+ planetary mats easy with a ghost equipped with the chest finder perk for that planet, as each chest has 4 mats in it. That along with public events and patrols give 4. I had 100+ in 15 minutes on Nessus last week.

The new Sunbreaker subclass is easy to level up, thanks to infinite hammers as they dont go on cooldown if you pick it back up.

Edit:

I thought that may be what was happening after I levelled up and started getting better blue drops. Its just tied to your actual character level it seems, though it may also be a bit buggy - some people in that thread are reporting getting 376 drops from PE's when the same guy who made the thread got it to work like its supposed to and hit 50/500 power doing it.

Double Edit: The lost sector The Empty Tank is amazing. You'll know why as soon as you enter :lol:

Just did it at 330 odd (enemies are 380, but you can damage them at 334 or so) and drops were 340+, so the harder the activity the better the loot like Bungie promised.

I only managed an hour last night and went straight into Gambit. It's fantastic. Good with randoms and no mic, so much better if you have a group working as a team.

2 of the 3 clan bounties dont seem to be working - the arc final blows and melee final blows in the crucible just dont seem to be working at all. Punched multiple players to death and shotgunned them with an arc shotty to no effect. Only thing I can think of is its arc ability kills and charged melee kills, maybe?!? :unsure: