rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

On 27/09/2019 at 11:07, lewismistreated said:

Speaking as someone who was never, ever going to be anywhere near good enough at PvP to get Recluse, I for one welcome our new Huckleberry overlords.

Shame that they broke the neck of... Breakneck though. Didn't need to go out like that. 

These are the words of a coward and a buffoon.

I woke up this morning with 0 Glory. As of around 6:30pm this evening, I have over 2300 Glory, and one Recluse sitting in my inventory. Here are some important notes:

- I am still utter, utter shit at PvP. The worst. However, Solo Matchmaking is a godsend, and allows even fat-handed twats like me to stand a chance, because it's entirely possible you will get matched with people who are even worse at this game than you are, especially right now.

- I started playing on PC with controller, then realized that was a Very Bad Idea, before switching to PS4. Unsurprisingly, things went a lot smoother there.

- The changes to Glory points are... generous to say the least. To get to 2100 Glory, I think I only had to win a total of around 10 games or so, and that included a fair few losses. But generally speaking, I was going up one sub-rank every 2 games. The fact that each sub-rank is now a 'floor' that you can't drop below is great, but honestly, you're deducted so few points for a loss now, and you get given so many for a win that it's barely even necessary, especially if you manage to get a streak of 2 or 3 wins under your belt.

Here's the part I'm not entirely proud of.

- Striker Titan. One-Eyed Mask. Jotunn. What you will lose in self-respect, you will quickly make up for in precious eliminations. Jotunn in particular is just pure, pure filth. I lost count of the number of sniper lanes I closed down with a homing, flaming ball of death. It was very nearly one free kill per life, two if I got lucky, and was fortunate enough to face off against people who quite literally didn't see it coming. Paired that with a decent Blast Furnace pulse rifle and a grenade launcher, and I was doing what needed to be done. 

Anyway, glad I did it. Recluse is lovely, even with the recent changes, and this of course all means that it'll get hit again by Bungie in two weeks. I'll make the most of it until then. If you have an afternoon to spare, go do it, because there's never been a better time. 

34 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

These are the words of a coward and a buffoon.

Dont be so hard on yourself. Unless I've also become a massively better player this week then all your points about it being easier are true. Mainly the rank floors, but also solo queue. Loss streaks due to quitters used to be the real killer if you were a solo player. I expect this means any rewards from this season and on from crucible will up the requirements to getting to Legend with multiple resets or other grind :(

6 minutes ago, Sumire said:

Haha, I have still not worked out where this "challenge" is for this quest step...

I think you have to reach 900 power before the weekly challenges appear on the Director.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

I think you have to reach 900 power before the weekly challenges appear on the Director.

Ah damn, thanks, that has saved me a lot of messing. I need to finish up these kills now.

I'm in, on XBOX (don't hate).

-I bought the £50 didi version. Forsaken not included? WTF?

-HDR on XBONEX is a lot better than PS4Pro, perhaps my setting? Crisper and richer too.

-Nav is terrible, absolutely terrible.

-Lack of df0, Lordscotland, Soi and the G&T team on the whole makes me sad.

-Any XBOX players wanna be my friend? :doh:

• Upvote 1

Got to 900 power on my Warlock. Currently doing my Titan which is a lot easier when you can just hand over some 900 light guns :)

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

I thought Forsaken was included. 

20 quid to you mate.

When I do a search for Destiny 2 on the Sony shop, only the base game, the new expansion, two themes and virtual money comes up. I cant find Forsaken at all.

5 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Forsaken has a decent campaign and, as I understand it, a really good Raid (assuming you don’t get that if you don’t have Forsaken). 

It's got a great campaign and a great raid, plus two good mini ones - cos you get the full season pass when you buy it now. And stuff like Shattered Throne and Zero Hour. It's probably the best content they've made overall.

• Upvote 1

Anyone following the new raid?

Spoiler

The 24-hour cap at 720 seems to be making life really hard for nearly all the teams involved. Nobody's really making any meaningful progress at the 4th encounter at this point.

Looks lovely though, and not too convoluted. Loving the fact that they've incorporated Gambit mechanics in there somehow...

16 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Anyone following the new raid?

Spoiler

Yes the garden looks lush. I've only been briefly checking the Date stream and saw them banking motes during a boss.

The start of the Vex offensive was a bit confusing with them putting the way to launch it on director but you have to go back to the Moon first. Also Ikora is giving out quests where the reward is just the gun that I already got anyway, unless I'm missing something?  Seems a fun activity so far though and the invasion effect in the sky on the moon looks fantastic.

This is insanely good as a newcomer, who loves Halo. An immense amount of content and I’m already in love with it all :wub:

• Upvote 8

I was having loads of trouble completing the Vex offensive pre-quest last night. Kill 100 vex is fine. Kill 3 gatelords? Good luck

A) Finding the event when it's actually up (Which isn't often)

B) Actually being able to kill a gatelord because literally nobody else has found the event

C) Doing it three times.

16 minutes ago, Flub said:

I was having loads of trouble completing the Vex offensive pre-quest last night. Kill 100 vex is fine. Kill 3 gatelords? Good luck

A) Finding the event when it's actually up (Which isn't often)

B) Actually being able to kill a gatelord because literally nobody else has found the event

C) Doing it three times.

Hah, me and @metallicfrodo were having the same issue last night and then 5 of the events spawned one after the other in the same location which was a bit weird.

Fairly sure it is meant to be like that. It is like the actual offensive where gates keep opening. Finding the event is the difficult/frustrating part. Once you get locate one then it is simple (unless you are alone like Flub)

Yeah if you kill a gate lord it continues to open portals until you’ve killed 3 (I think) and then last one with a big overlord boss 

Someone on resetera said they spawn very quickly after the public event in an area which is something at least if true. Shockingly bad game design though since almost no fucker is doing those either. And why would they? Downed warsats for days :)

Think I've figured a few things out and I'm enjoying so far...n00b question time. Should I be giving the vendors the stuff I've collected like Alkane Dust and Data Lattices? I've maxed out a couple and it shows an Engram but I don't see it in my inventory

Speaking of Engrams, what do I do with them? Do these give weapons armour? 

22 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Think I've figured a few things out and I'm enjoying so far...n00b question time. Should I be giving the vendors the stuff I've collected like Alkane Dust and Data Lattices? I've maxed out a couple and it shows an Engram but I don't see it in my inventory

Speaking of Engrams, what do I do with them? Do these give weapons armour? 

You have to click the Engram at the vendor to receive it from them. Then you can give them more tokens and repeat.

Some engrams open immediately, some such as Prime you have to take to the Cryptarch in the Tower to open.

28 minutes ago, pledge said:

You have to click the Engram at the vendor to receive it from them. Then you can give them more tokens and repeat.

Some engrams open immediately, some such as Prime you have to take to the Cryptarch in the Tower to open.

The engram is greyed out at the vendor. I'm out at the moment but I'll post a screenshot when I get home