rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

3 hours ago, Flub said:

because literally nobody else has found the event

I was reading another post on Reddit that was about this. On launch day the moon was packed but since then I’m often either on my own or there’s at most two or three people about. Apparently they leave space in the instance in case people want to join your fire team. Seems they really should change this to get total players in an instance up.

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

Yeah if you kill a gate lord it continues to open portals until you’ve killed 3 (I think) and then last one with a big overlord boss 

Oh, we killed one and then that was it earlier on in the evening. Must’ve been bugged. But it’s over now.

1 hour ago, pledge said:

You have to click the Engram at the vendor to receive it from them. Then you can give them more tokens and repeat.

Some engrams open immediately, some such as Prime you have to take to the Cryptarch in the Tower to open.

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

The engram is greyed out at the vendor. I'm out at the moment but I'll post a screenshot when I get home

So I gave this vendor all I had to get the reputation up but as I said, the engram is greyed out. Do I have to do quests or something to get it? Soz for the n00b questions : )

20191006152851_1.thumb.jpg.df2e2cbb196479eb058b7139f40ce823.jpg

If you did get it all the way already, then when you did you got an engram but it automatically opened and the item (weapon or armour) will already be in your inventory - or the postmaster in the tower if your inventory was full.

• Upvote 1

Been banging out a lot of the new vex bounties for XP (although I'm now gasping for glimmer) Ended up getting a bunch of the new vex guns.

The pulse can roll with feeding frenzy and multikill clip, FYI :ph34r:

Also an FYI, although I imagine someone's mentioned it already as I was out at the time of reset - banshee's selling upgrade modules for 1 core, 10 shards, 25 baryon bough and 5k glimmer. If you're a vet from forsaken, that's a pile of 25 modules sorted because you've got thousands of those items ;)

On 05/10/2019 at 18:58, auntyclimax said:

I'm in, on XBOX (don't hate).

-I bought the £50 didi version. Forsaken not included? WTF?

-HDR on XBONEX is a lot better than PS4Pro, perhaps my setting? Crisper and richer too.

-Nav is terrible, absolutely terrible.

-Lack of df0, Lordscotland, Soi and the G&T team on the whole makes me sad.

-Any XBOX players wanna be my friend? :doh:

what made you change over to Xbox? Not bought the new expansion as yet, but the navigation was already awful on my (standard) PS4

On 05/10/2019 at 18:58, auntyclimax said:

I'm in, on XBOX (don't hate).

-I bought the £50 didi version. Forsaken not included? WTF?

-HDR on XBONEX is a lot better than PS4Pro, perhaps my setting? Crisper and richer too.

-Nav is terrible, absolutely terrible.

-Lack of df0, Lordscotland, Soi and the G&T team on the whole makes me sad.

-Any XBOX players wanna be my friend? :doh:

4 hours ago, Mars said:

I’m Arcturus 36 7 on Xbox :) Is there a rllmuk clan?

Join ussss!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, markh said:

what made you change over to Xbox? Not bought the new expansion as yet, but the navigation was already awful on my (standard) PS4

I'm moving away from Playstation, don't want to keep paying for two subs and GamePass is just so good. Believe me when I say that it was a tough decision :( 

It does seem to run a lot better on Xbox though, apart from loading times.

Sorry for the goofy question but I can't seem to purchase Forsaken?  It shows as ready to download from within the game but greyed out, I've uninstalled everything and it's still the same? Any forsaken missions just bounce me to the purchase screen :(

Seems there's an issue with it at the moment: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253774145?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1 

Thanks for your report. We are aware of issues regarding purchasing the Forsaken DLC in EU regions and are working with our platform partners on a fix

A possible workaround (on PSN) is buying it via the Season of Opulence link on the PS4 dash, which apparently works:

l4OwHWD.jpg

• Upvote 2

Resetera was correct about the Vex pre-events for the quest. Do a public event on the moon and then wait around for about a minute and the Vex will invade  in almost the same place. If there's a few people there you'll get things done no trouble.

My review of the "campaign"

Short, difficult to follow, padded with makework, ends unfinished so abruptly you wonder where the next quest step is.

Visually very pretty. Gunplay as good as ever. Probably more exciting to the people who played the shit out of D1.

I do like the Vex Offensive. It's short, easy and fun to play. Curious to see what comes next given how long they've been teasing the pyramids.

46 minutes ago, MpM said:

I have found a new reason to keep playing this game....it is just so fucking stunning to look at and explore the world Bungie has created, running it on my PC at max settings 4K with a rock solid 60fps is just :wub:

Some screenshots I took:

fak8zTP.jpg

..respect to the artists involved.

Try turning the frame rate cap off, it happily plays at 100+ fps on not-particularly-ninja hardware

I just noticed i have a load of old exotics which have been updated to 750. Is it possible to upgrade them so I can still use them when I am higher level and they still be effective? 

5 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I just noticed i have a load of old exotics which have been updated to 750. Is it possible to upgrade them so I can still use them when I am higher level and they still be effective? 

When you get high level blue/purple drops you can infuse them into the exotics to bring their level up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PK said:

When you get high level blue/purple drops you can infuse them into the exotics to bring their level up.

Sweet, I loved some of those older weapons