rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

The loading times are mental. I struggle to understand why it takes two to three minutes to get from the title screen to the character select screen. What on Earth is it doing? It even does this irritating fake-out where the loading icon disappears briefly and it looks like it’s finished, and then it comes back bigger for no reason. 

53 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The loading times and delay when opening the inventory are really getting on my tits.

It's shockingly bad on a base PS4. Apparently one of the big patches around Forsaken fixed it but it seemed to do bugger all. All the more reason to have DIM or Ishtar Commander ready next to you.

• Upvote 1

It's a hardware issue. I got a cheap 500gb external SSD and its night and day difference.

Not quite the speeds of PC but somewhere in between. 

Mines an external on an X and it's horrid. Kind of wish I'd got an SSD when I replaced it but Destiny is pretty much the worst offender so not sure it'it'ds have been worth the extra cost.

I have some questions about returning to D2 Shadowkeep - I'm someone that purchased all the other expansions for Year1/Year 2 Destiny 2 but I didn't necessarily complete the campaign on the expansions. Logging into my account now it appears my classes & items are all 750 light.

It also appears the progress through the last year 2 Forsaken expansion is lost. I see the icon to start the Forsaken campaign again but I'd already progressed through majority of the missions and these no longer show up on the Destiny 2 director/Map.

The game appears to be bad at explaining where to pick up the game for Shadowkeep:

• Is it necessarily to finish all the year 2 content? or can I just start with Shadowkeep?
  • If so is their disadvantages to doing this?
  • Are there advantages to using my old characters? Like I said I'd completed all of the YR1 content and some of the YR2 expansions. Or should I start again?

Solo survival is so much better than old Comp.

And what have they done with glory win/loss rewards and streaks. It nearly poops out points

Got my Chaperone last week. And the achievement to complete an exotic quest. Guess I should've got round to that a bit quicker. Saying that I didn't realise almost all of the abandoned quests I had have you an exotic quest line.

Menagerie update: still not been in the menagerie.

As it stands I'm enjoying the busywork. There's shitloads to do, the moon story stuff was slim as fuck but still enjoyable in its hokey horror nonsense, and I'm enjoying pootling around doing old quests and whatnot.

On 12/10/2019 at 21:21, moosegrinder said:

The loading times and delay when opening the inventory are really getting on my tits.

Same, it seems to have got worse recently.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Hexx said:

Solo survival is so much better than old Comp.

And what have they done with glory win/loss rewards and streaks. It nearly poops out points

It poops them out (and barely takes any away) until you reach where it thinks you belong in terms of rank, then it should even out. 

On 13/10/2019 at 01:29, Lyrical Donut said:

No. It'll probably speed up your progress, thanks to the load times. You'll miss out on the season pass thing (if you bought it on your main cross-save account). The power cap is the same for everyone regardless of paid expansion / F2P players.

Swear the season pass thingy progressed when I played it on the notPS4. I found by access the Vex thing and campaign and stuff but the season tracker and artefact was trickling along 

How hard is that Outbreak Prime mission now? I did the lost sector collection stuff ages ago but couldn't be arsed doing the last step.

6 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Freelance is a slot machine for me, I'm just pulling the handle until I get matched with enough good players enough times to get the Recluse :ph34r:

This is me. Played a whole two games of competitive across D2's lifespan and now decided that with the solo queue and more generous points system, it might be time to try and reach Brave rank and get it down for about four pinnacle weapons at once. 

Played three games the other day for the weekly bonus. I presume the weekly bonus is given at the end of the week? As I didn't get any upon completion of the third game. It's also been six months since I last played the game/Crucible so it didn't go well. 3 games, 3 defeats,12 rounds of survival, 12 rounds lost. The first two I was stomped pretty hard, but the third I managed to finish with a 1.3 K/D ratio.

For some reason with Destiny PVP I get incredibly nervous and tense in a firefight and it really screws with my aim. Wondering whether it's just a case of me not playing PVP that intensively or whether I need to drop the sensitivity down from 4. 

• Upvote 1

Balls, I've finally reached Fabled Glory Rank but didn't read the actual triumph (and the rank hasn't triggered on it), so I need... 57 more wins in the Crucible? :facepalm:

tiger_release_final_20191015_124053.thumb.png.fa046787594eef9da237f69bc29a0056.png

If you'd just reached 2100 before taking that screenshot, the bottom requirement might get checked when you reboot the game - apparently it's a common thing.

In comp, you get more than 1% per win, so you wouldn't need 67 more wins. I think it's about 3% per comp win. Although QP matches only give 1% per win, Iron Banner wins also count for more, so you're in luck as it's IB this week. It's possible they're 3% as well, not sure about that.

3 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Balls, I've finally reached Fabled Glory Rank but didn't read the actual triumph (and the rank hasn't triggered on it), so I need... 57 more wins in the Crucible? :facepalm:

tiger_release_final_20191015_124053.thumb.png.fa046787594eef9da237f69bc29a0056.png

you might need to play another game at fable for it to count 

I did 

For anyone with bad RNG (like me) Ada-1 in the tower now has both Jotunn and Le Monarque exotic quests in her inventory.

Comp wins are +2 I think. I'm in a similar situation, was on 40-something per cent by the time I hit Fabled and then had to win 25-odd matches against people who were also Fabled. I've found there are certain times of day that are much better than others. Sweet spot was 2-3pm.

I'm still only on 69% I think (nice). Will be playing Iron Banner for the first time in ages (and probably getting Fighting Lion out because I might as well go for Mountaintop while I'm at it). 

• Upvote 2

Does the Glory bonus for 3 matches in a week get awarded at the end of that week? Played three and still sitting on 0 glory. Unless Bungie deemed my performance to be so bad that it didn't even deserve a pity bonus. 

Had a weird bug before, where I started a campaign mission, and then suddenly had an exotic drop, along with the screen for going up a valour or glory rank. It was Arbalest, so i don't think I'd inadvertently completed a quest. Maybe it was just delayed from the Crucible games I'd just played, but it would be incredibly rare for an exotic to drop in that context.

I'm actually really enjoying this expansion - partly because I've got a nearly whole year's worth of stuff saved up, like Gambit Prime, the armouries, various exotic quests, etc, on top of the content in Shadowkeep itself. But the Shadowkeep campaign was fun, and I quite like Vex Offensive - it feels light and mechanically not very complex, but popping Vex by the score is pretty satisfying, and I love the Black Garden setting.

Random question - does the game explain who the red astronaut ghosts are? They're all over the place, but I'm not really sure what they actually represent.

2 hours ago, Parksey said:

Does the Glory bonus for 3 matches in a week get awarded at the end of that week? Played three and still sitting on 0 glory. Unless Bungie deemed my performance to be so bad that it didn't even deserve a pity bonus. 

You'll get the bonus after the weekly reset tonight

2 hours ago, K said:

Random question - does the game explain who the red astronaut ghosts are? They're all over the place, but I'm not really sure what they actually represent.

People that died on the moon during wars with the Fallen, and Eris’ team that went into the Hellmouth.

Oof, just sneaked in a first raid clear before reset. Just in time for tea!

I think its a fantastic raid, much better than Crown and the final encounter is hectic but not silly. I could even see a flawless run being doable on this. 

Still not high enough power to do the legend nightfall though :(

• Upvote 1

What do you have to do to make the Menagerie available? I did it once and it's not letting be do it again and isn't telling me why in typical Bungie fashion.

2 minutes ago, Mafro said:

What do you have to do to make the Menagerie available? I did it once and it's not letting be do it again and isn't telling me why in typical Bungie fashion.

Go to Nessus, and its at the bottom of the map on the right side of the Leviathan as far as I can recall.

3 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Go to Nessus, and its at the bottom of the map on the right side of the Leviathan as far as I can recall.

I know it's there but it keeps saying I can't do the activity anymore. Thought it might be a but so I quit out but it still happens.

Hmm, I've never had that. What was the exact message? Maybe its a free to play thing, and limited per week or something.