rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

17 minutes ago, Mafro said:

I know it's there but it keeps saying I can't do the activity anymore. Thought it might be a but so I quit out but it still happens.

Pretty sure you need to slot your Chalice (in the Quest section) with as many active runes as you have slots unlocked before you can run the Menagerie. 

I've taken the opportunity of going free on PS4 to jump in after playing D1 years ago. Is there a beginners guide, or guide for older D1 players? I heard that the recent release mixes things up a bit.

Was just coming here to post that, 66% already today and matches can end really quickly if you get over 75 by capturing all the zones early and wrecking the other team.

Edit: Telesto finally dropped for me as I was doing the Fusion Rifle part of the Scour The Rust quest. 86% :ph34r:

Yeah I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts. 

Last night was the most fun I’ve ever had in Iron Banner (even before I got recluse). Despite the fact I barely got two games in a row because one of my kids is sick, I ended the evening with the quest finished, three of four bounties done, and the last one on 96%. I like the structure of that new quest and the way it nudges you out of your loadout comfort zone for a couple of games. 

I actually really like the zone lockout too. Didn’t understand it at first but then I realised they’ve effectively redesigned the mode around the way matchmade teams have always played control, running around madly and flipping spawns. It’s good stuff and speeds matches up considerably. 

Recluse is fucking nuts. Can’t wait to take it into PvE. It surely can’t be long for this world though. 

Anyone having issues with the grenade launcher step of IB?

Militia Burden and Fighting Lion don’t seem to work :(

1 minute ago, Hexx said:

Anyone having issues with the grenade launcher step of IB?

Militia Burden and Fighting Lion don’t seem to work :(

It's bugged - use an SMG.

• Upvote 1

The work around is to damage and not kill a player with a grenade launcher than finish them off with something else. Like, for instance, the filthy, dirty, Recluse. 

1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

The Iron Banner bounties are also bugged - I was able to pick up 2 of them again after completion, so 2 more pieces of pinnacle gear can be yours :ph34r:

They said that in one of their posts on reddit or something. I remember reading you could pick up 7 and that it was a bug at any rate.

Have gone up 11 power levels just knocking out IB bounties and quest this morning. Picked up clan engrams and crucible rankups too but that is mental. 

Ready for the 950 NF now. 

This Iron Banner's been the best one since D1 Y2 imo. Despite the odd outlier, it feels 'balanced' enough without being a totally dull as ditchwater team shooting game. While at the same time giving lots of scope for those hero moments and overpowered plays from time to time, to turn things around. Come to think of it, Survival was like that too - you could totally be left 1v3 (or more) and save the day with a great clutch play. That was always a hallmark of D1 PvP for me, and it seems it's back again big time. But more than that, both modes have just felt fun to engage in again - I even played more IB tonight after completing the quest and all the bounties, just because it was fun to play.

I hope that there are sufficiently increased player figures to give Bungie the impetus to continue in this direction. Even though our team doesn't have the numbers to raid any more, which removes a significant part of the interest for me, this has been a great little expansion regardless, which says a lot. It'd be a real shame if Bungie's new direction doesn't bring in a lot of new players or convert New Light people to paying members of the community. I can't think of much that's wrong with this at all, and the basic gameplay loops and the rewards systems probably feel better than they ever have in Destiny. It all seems to scale really nicely as you go up the difficulties, and the weekly drip feed of new stuff works really well, better than in last year's annual pass. That Crucible actually seems fun again is just the icing on the cake.

GG, Bungo.

PS Recluse is as broken as the Trump administration, and equally dangerous.

I love the quest. Instead of thinking ‘fucking fusion rifle prick’ like I would have done in the old days, it’s more like ‘ah you’re doing the quest, I’m a couple of steps ahead, good luck buddy’. Obviously they’re still a prick for killing me but the quest makes me like them, good design imo

I don’t expect New Light to work at all honestly, seems it’s very ‘will this do’ in terms of structure and just about every other decision they’ve made has been tailored towards hardcore players. I think launching it alongside Shadowkeep was absolutely daft, they should either have done it over the summer when it could have its own news cycle, or held it back until spring or Christmas or even Stadia launch when the team weren’t so focused on Shadowkeep. Feels like they’ve sunk their own ship to an extent. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's also pretty badly set up for new or lapsed players. It just kinda makes no sense once you get into it all, which is a shame. 

Yeah IB is great but they need a bigger map rotation in it 

Or at least better maps 

45 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Also is Glory only obtained in Survival?

And yes. Survival replaces the competitive playlist.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I love the quest. Instead of thinking ‘fucking fusion rifle prick’ like I would have done in the old days, it’s more like ‘ah you’re doing the quest, I’m a couple of steps ahead, good luck buddy’. Obviously they’re still a prick for killing me but the quest makes me like them, good design imo

I don’t expect New Light to work at all honestly, seems it’s very ‘will this do’ in terms of structure and just about every other decision they’ve made has been tailored towards hardcore players. I think launching it alongside Shadowkeep was absolutely daft, they should either have done it over the summer when it could have its own news cycle, or held it back until spring or Christmas or even Stadia launch when the team weren’t so focused on Shadowkeep. Feels like they’ve sunk their own ship to an extent. 

It might have been a bad idea to launch New Light midway through summer, as they probably didn't want to cut into the previous year's season pass content. But yeah, launching it now seems mad, especially given it seems they've never even looked at how other F2P games work and that the launch version of Destiny 2 was so good at onboarding new players and introducing them to its various systems. Delay it and think about the on-ramp a bit more.

To all you new Reclusers - do yourself a favor and run a couple of rounds of Escalation Protocol using it before it gets the inevitable nerf. Just stupidly broken in the best possible way. 

Sorry if I'm being dim (again) but what happens to the mods that you sometimes get when you pick up a purple engram? I just got a class armour mod and I can't find it anywhere. Is it just a thing added to the pool of stuff you can buy from Banshee?