Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

13 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I’m a bit lost. I finished the story and I’ve been given some more missions but the one I tried was way too hard, specifically the boss which was just another massive brig. I tried to kill it a few times but didn’t get very far. 

I've been doing public events and getting more gear but it’s only pushing my gear up slowly, one point at a time. I’m about 1170 now but have been around that for a while. There’s so much...stuff...that it’s a bit overwhelming. I logged in this morning and had a cinematic about something called the hunt but no idea what that is, where it is, if I should bother with it etc. On the destination screen there’s icons but no explanation as to what they are, hovering over them doesn’t explain. 

I was given an epic chest plate. Is it worth upgrading it? I notice I can upgrade it with a few of the billion currencies the game seems to have. 

Most things will be dropping around your level, maybe a point or two above (your level without the artifact score added to it, when you hover over your power/light level it'll tell you what your overall score is). What you want to level up is the powerful/pinnacle rewards. Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard all award a powerful for completing three of their respective activities. You also get one for completing 8 bounties a week from them in their respective modes. Banshee (the Gunsmith in the tower) gives you a powerful for doing 8 bounties from him too. There is also the Nightfall which awards two (one you have to score over a 100k in which you won't do at your level) and the other is for successful runs (3 completions at the lowest difficulty level). If you're in a guild you can get a very good pinnacle for a certain amount of guild xp (think it's 50k? you get it for most things, patrols, public events ect). Variks will eventually have a couple of means for getting powerful engrams from him too, as will the Crow (the hunt thing that flashed up that you mentioned).

19 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I was given an epic chest plate. Is it worth upgrading it? I notice I can upgrade it with a few of the billion currencies the game seems to have. 

Exotic ? Those are the yellow ones. Whats its name ? Some of them are extremely strong. Someone here will likely have it and can let you know.

Stasis feels a bit half finished. It’s strange that there’s no guns, and they’ve not thrown stasis bounties or burns into the rotation with the other elements. It only really feels like it’s incorporated on Europa, which makes the fact that Europa also has other element and gun bounties feel a bit off. I finished a big campaign to get a new power and then it’s kinda just there.

One of the new exotics is a giant stasis grenade launcher and pretty much the entirety of the Exo Stranger’s post-campaign stuff is heavily stasis-focused, so I’m not sure I understand the criticism?

Also bear in mind that Stasis is unavailable for those who don’t have Beyond Light, so if they flooded the daily bounties with it it would lock out all of those players.

The new abilities are ace so I'm not that bothered, but the lack of weapons did feel weird to me too. My first thought was that it would be a lot of work to incorporate all of what's here and then create a bunch of brand new weapons with stasis damage - on the other hand, I get the feeling that this was handled a lot better when The Taken King introduced solar abilities? (it's been five years so I could be mistaken)

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

The new abilities are ace so I'm not that bothered, but the lack of weapons did feel weird to me too. My first thought was that it would be a lot of work to incorporate all of what's here and then create a bunch of brand new weapons with stasis damage - on the other hand, I get the feeling that this was handled a lot better when The Taken King introduced solar abilities? (it's been five years so I could be mistaken)

Solar, Arc and Void were all in from the start it’s just that each class only had two from the three. Taken King enabled the third for each class, so Hunter got Nightstalker, Warlock got Stormcaller and Titan got Sunbreaker. All the weapon elements were already there though.

I do see what you mean with regard to there being no legendary stasis weapons I suppose. I guess the plan is to introduce them over the course of the year via the seasons and then with each new expansion we’ll get a new Darkness subclass added.

19 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Is sunshot any good? I got it off xur

Sunshot’s great. One of the best add-clearing weapons in the game. I wouldn’t use it for endgame content but for patrols, strikes and Lost Sectors it makes everything go boom.

I have been disassembling everything. Armour and weapons alike. Is there a hard and fast rule on what to keep and upgrade? Exotics only?

I made the decision to upgrade my chest armour and then the very next drop was a new chest armour with a significantly higher value.

I'm about 1200-ish.

2 hours ago, hub2 said:

I have been disassembling everything. Armour and weapons alike. Is there a hard and fast rule on what to keep and upgrade? Exotics only?

I made the decision to upgrade my chest armour and then the very next drop was a new chest armour with a significantly higher value.

I'm about 1200-ish.

Stop! lol you could be wiping out purples with god roll stats. Forget the power level, check what perks each purple weapon has first. Theres tons of different ways weapons can drop which can range from useless to godlike. For auto rifles look for Subsistance+Rampage, swords Relentless Strikes+Whirlwind Blades, Grenade Launchers Sticky Grenades+Auto Loading etc. Theres so many more so when your learning stick the purples you get in the vault, so your not shredding guns that are perfect. 

Armour look for high Recovery. Theres lots of ways to build though so hang onto anything that 60+ points.

My general rule has been that perks are more important than numbers, since you can always infuse numbers into things with good perks. Also vaulting is preferable to disassembly, just to be safe. When your vault starts running out of space you can always sort by newest so that you don't throw away the thing you just got.

Oh, and if you see something with interesting perks but you're worried about it being lost in the vault, lock it before vaulting so that you don't accidentally dismantle it later! :) 

So I had a flirt with the PC version to play a bit of the new, new light campaign as the boy was on the Xbox.

Wow, well I can’t go back to playing it on Xbox One after that...and as my Series S is dead I’ve had to buy Beyond Light on Steam.

I mean it’s almost a completely different game it’s that responsive and smooth

Jumped on before light after a long absence and did a new character (Titan). Played through the opening missions and as ever the gunplay and action was a lot of fun. 

1. On Series X (Or all consoles I guess) is it currently still running 30fps? I found big battles to be really choppy and overall it did not feel massively responsive. 

2. Is the upcoming next gen stuff hitting 60fps and are there due to be any other graphical additions?

3. Are there any other notable structural changes to the game that weren’t there up to 6 months after launch that I might not know about?

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop