Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

Wish they'd make more of the Moon. Just put the 'new' reprised weapons as drops in the Nightmare Hunts and people would run them again.

On catalyst progression, If you can be bothered to activate the wish wall, jumping to the Shuro Chi checkpoint in the Last Wish gives you an unlimited horde of Taken enemies to kill with a rally flag just before it. Plus you can grab the secret raid chests. 

25 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Some of the catalysts are just needless. Why should I have to kill 700 enemies with my Izanagi before it's any better than a normal sniper rifle?

Yeah, most of them are shit but some are worthwhile. The new Dead Man's Tale one  turns an already excellent weapon into a PvP win button (or so it seems by the amount of times I'm getting killed by it). 

Some exotic catalysts are poor, but Izanagi's isn't a great example of one. A 20% damage increase isn't to be sniffed at, even though Izanagi's isn't the one-burst damage champion it used to be.

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

Fill all your ammo and your super bar.

Now that’s useful - I thought I was going to start a public event! :lol:

The only "problem" with the Shuro Chi checkpoint is that the rally flag costs raid banners - It's not prohibitively expensive, by all means, but it's there if you're new to the game. That, and as mentioned, the wishing wall is a pain to work with solo - it's a single trip until reset, but I don't half get bored senseless plugging away at a wall for a good ten minutes to get a certain wish.

One day, I'll get around to doing the out of bounds bullshit to get to the Shattered Throne "Thrallway" in 15 minutes, but at the moment it's just easier to keep refreshing Altars of Sorrow to find a running party and then tag along for some kills and a chance at a decent Blasphemer slug shotty. Blind Well in the Dreaming City is also a good shout - I keep meaning to bother picking up some new Dreaming City rolls, and that's another good way to kill two birds with one stone.

At the moment, I'm having a bigger mare getting the catalysts I want - I'm usually too lazy to go into the crucible, let alone killing guardians with certain shit. I've done pretty much all my grenade multikills on the jizz lobber before I've even got 20 guardian grenade kills, and most of them was during a session on Mayhem!

Just unlocked the Cuirass of the Morning Star - ie. the armour which doubles the strength of the Thundercrash! Looking forward to trying it out.

It's a pretty good day to get it as the Legend Lost Sector is a short one. You can also use Riskrunner to make it easy mode as long as you have the solar melee mod for Unstoppables.

The Trinity Ghoul catalyst is absolutely fucking insane. I have nothing really to add beyond that, but man, it's fun taking out entire cohorts of thralls with the endless rain of lightning bolts it grants you.

13 hours ago, tnman said:

MUKO just completed its first 12-man raid, featuring 3 sherpas, a lot of comms, and a clan leader with a face now stuck like this: :blink2:.

And we got the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale from the Master Presage we did afterwards :D

The thing about raids that I find a bit sad is all that amazing set dressing and narrative is only seen by like 3% of the player base and the story beats are missed completely because there's a lot of chatter, even when you're not doing bent 12 man runs.

42 minutes ago, K said:

The Trinity Ghoul catalyst is absolutely fucking insane. I have nothing really to add beyond that, but man, it's fun taking out entire cohorts of thralls with the endless rain of lightning bolts it grants you.

That and the Riskrunner catalyst are two of my favourites in the game, Riskrunner is amazing for anything involving the Fallen. Sunshot and Graviton Lance as well.

I don't think I've used Sunshot since the Red War Campaign, and I got bored of Graviton Lance after spending ages fruitlessly trying to complete the catalyst. Have they buffed Sunshot? I seem to remember it looked amazing, but wasn't that great to use.

11 minutes ago, K said:

I don't think I've used Sunshot since the Red War Campaign, and I got bored of Graviton Lance after spending ages fruitlessly trying to complete the catalyst. Have they buffed Sunshot? I seem to remember it looked amazing, but wasn't that great to use.

I think since Warmind the explosions are more like nuclear blasts. It's great, and works with the Wrath of Rasputin mod to generate Warmind Cells. IIRC, it's also the only 150rpm hand cannon left in the game, for what that's worth.

It's going to pale in the current "Use Xeno/Lament" meta for endgame PvE, but you'll have a good time with it.

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

And we got the catalyst for Dead Man's Tale from the Master Presage we did afterwards :D

I just realised I wasn't on the character that had the quest so didn't get it :(

Just wanted to say how cool the sound design in this game is. Almost everything from the statis subclasses sounds amazing.

My favourite thing at the moment, though, is the Graviton Lance. I have over 1,000 kills with it and I'm still not bored of how cool it sounds. It's not meta but it's tons of fun to use.  Brannnng!

In other news I got the Xenophage last night. I posted a request in the squads tab of the app and two people jumped in and took me through the dungeon in no time. The community can be great sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Just wanted to say how cool the sound design in this game is. Almost everything from the statis subclasses sounds amazing.

My favourite thing at the moment, though, is the Graviton Lance. I have over 1,000 kills with it and I'm still not bored of how cool it sounds. It's not meta but it's tons of fun to use.  Brannnng!

In other news I got the Xenophage last night. I posted a request in the squads tab of the app and two people jumped in and took me through the dungeon in no time. The community can be great sometimes. 

Do you need comms for the dungeon? I still might try to solo it but I did the Lost Sector parts of that quest last night so almost ready!

I love scout rifles so really want to do Presage at some point, too.

2 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I also still need to do Presage, so count me in if you want some company. 

Same for the Prophecy dungeon - anyone who likes the idea of having a go but hasn't tried it yet, let me know. We can get a first timers run going. 

4 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I also still need to do Presage, so count me in if you want some company. 

Same for the Prophecy dungeon - anyone who likes the idea of having a go but hasn't tried it yet, let me know. We can get a first timers run going. 

What platform are you on? I'm PS5 (which I think is also PS4?)

14 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Do you need comms for the dungeon? I still might try to solo it but I did the Lost Sector parts of that quest last night so almost ready!

No comms. There are only two bits where the person/people getting the gun needs to do something specific, in these cases they just went there and shot at what I needed to press a button on. I worded it as so, just seeing if anyone would fancy it:

"anyone carry me through pit for Xeno? No mic" Two people had jumped in within a couple of minutes. 

It took no more than 20 mins.

Just now, Timmo said:

No comms. There are only two bits where you need to do something specific, in these cases they just went there and shot at what I needed to press a button on. I worded it as so, just seeing if anyone would fancy it:

"anyone carry me through pit for Xeno? No mic" Two people had jumped in within a couple of minutes. 

It took no more than 20 mins.

Nice, thanks. I can always flick the PS5 mic on if needs be in a pinch, but good to know it's doable without.

Just now, StephenM said:

What platform are you on? I'm PS5 (which I think is also PS4?)

I'm on both PS5 and Xbox (thanks Game Pass!). 

Happy to have a go this evening or some time after Sunday evening. Let me know if you're up for it and we can figure out a time. 

Banshee is selling Wrath of Rasputin! Make sure you pick it up, it means they any solar explosion final blows can create warmind cells, that means Xenophage, Ticcu's Divination, Sunshot and more. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop