Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

Reset is an hour earlier due to US time change.

Up until now the seasonal challenges have all been easily possible solo but complete nightfall on grandmaster changes that a bit.

Which one? The only one we've had is to complete a Lost Sector on Legend or higher. I don't think it's even a requirement to solo one, just complete it. (Though you really should solo them for the armour, as some of it's really good, and they're not hard to solo. Just pick an easy one like the one with the bots - Bunker E15 - or (I like) Perdition. They're both really quick.)

As much as I love this game, it's fucking irritating. I'm trying to make a Titan build but am missing mods, and the only way to get them is to cross my fingers and wait for Banshee to sell them. I also missed one from the war table that I really want. No idea when it'll be back. 

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

As much as I love this game, it's fucking irritating. I'm trying to make a Titan build but am missing mods, and the only way to get them is to cross my fingers and wait for Banshee to sell them. I also missed one from the war table that I really want. No idea when it'll be back. 

You get a chance for them to drop by giving Banshee weapon parts for loot.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

They change every week don't they? I tried one on the moon and it was a fucking chore so I didn't go back. I'll have all look later.

They rotate every day so best to keep an eye out. The two I've found easiest are Bunker 15 and Exodus Garden in the Cosmodrome (the one with the big servitor). Esoterickk on YouTube does good guides on tackling them all. 

I've tried one Moon one and it was an absolute pain (Champions and Nightmares?!), best to stick to the Cosmodrome and Europa. 

25 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You get a chance for them to drop by giving Banshee weapon parts for loot.

You're right, and some from Strike tokens as well, but I think I'm right in saying that it doesn't include "combat style" mods like the charged with light and warmind mods. I've been playing 200 hours now and have 14 out of 53. 

I have most of the exotics now (excluding the less good exotic kiosk weapons) and I'm well into the end-game.

As much as I’ve been enjoying Destiny, it really highlights that I wish Bungie were making Halo these days.

Thinking about it I just cba with the convoluted system of upgrades etc, and while the online stuff is great fun I enjoy the solo exploration of these great planets they’ve built much more, where I have time to take it all in at my own pace. And I want to be able to play against people where we are using the same stuff, and the only possible differentiator is our ability.

I’ve not played Halo since Halo 3 so I don’t know if the new ones have this Bungie feel, but they can’t be beaten at this stuff I don’t think.

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

You're right, and some from Strike tokens as well, but I think I'm right in saying that it doesn't include "combat style" mods like the charged with light and warmind mods. I've been playing 200 hours now and have 14 out of 53. 

Unfortunately you're correct - the combat style mods only come from direct sale from Banshee. If it's any consolation (it's not), I have about 10x the time spent on D2 and I still lack quite a few of the WM/CwL mods, simply because I missed a lot of the two seasons in which they were doled out as part of the seasonal stuff.

It does look like Bungie might be starting to deliberately feed Banshee the mods though, given he's sold three Warmind mods in the past four days. Which, if that's the case, makes me suspect they may be taking their WM nerf action sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Timmo said:

Pretty sure the War Table ones rotate from week to week so shouldn't be long.

@moosegrinder The Seasonal Challenge for the Lost Sector doesn't require solo and even if it did, this week's Legend one is Bunker E15 which is doable solo even for me.

27 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I really liked the look of the Bray complex (I think) on the Europa campaign — are there more things (quests, strikes, etc) that go in there?

Yes and one of the Empire Hunts as well.

The big sword quest, the raid, the freezy grenade launcher quest all take you to some astounding places on Europa. It’s absolutely wild how 50% of the game just have these single use spaces that you will only see one or twice or never at all. Totally worth blowing up the lame Mars and Mercury planets to free up a few gigabytes.

3 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

The big sword quest, the raid, the freezy grenade launcher quest all take you to some astounding places on Europa. It’s absolutely wild how 50% of the game just have these single use spaces that you will only see one or twice or never at all. Totally worth blowing up the lame Mars and Mercury planets to free up a few gigabytes.

This better be their actual names. 

I was also on a D2 break when the Warmind mod stuff all kicked off and only have about half of them as a result. Like a lot of people I kind of ignored them as I thought it was limited to a small number of weapons that were due to be sunset anyway. However, I just watched this video and they are bloody nuts and as Gorf says, surely soon to be nerfed. The solar splash stuff looks loads of fun and coupled with that new Exotic bow should be good for Nightfall overload champions. Cellular Supression also looks incredibly useful and I do actually have that one.

Yep. That's the thing, the description on the mods doesn't really explain things very well. Not uncommon for Bungie of course. 

The game changer is the solar splash mods. These are triggered by any weapon that causes a solar explosion. So Sunshot, Xenophage, any solar rockets with chain reaction. 

I'm currently using Ashen Wake which makes my grenades explode on impact and rewards kills with grenade regen, (plus the mod which makes me throw them like baseballs), the Sunshot which chains explosions, the Code Duello with Chain Reaction (effectively cluster bombs), and Rasputin with Global Reach which gives me loads of warmind cells which cause long range explosions. I like explosions.

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Anyone here specced enough to wanna have a crack at the Grandmaster Nightfalls? Didn’t grind my way up to 1309 Forever for nothing!

You need to be good 325 to get in tho, right? ;)

Xbox gang - are there any Deep Stone Crypt runs happening this weekend that I could tag along with? Cos I do my weekly solo stuff on PS5 for the 4K and nicer controller, I feel like I'm missing on out the whole 'ad-hoc put together a group based on who's online' bit that the clan is great for. So much so that I've got the stock alerts set up for a Series X, but until that happens I'm relying on scheduling things in advance.

3 minutes ago, Scruff said:

You need to be good 325 to get in tho, right? ;)

My level seems to be going up so slowly, I've gotten so much powerful and pinnacle stuff but I'm still 1301 or 1302 for most stuff. I understand leveling your artifact is important for overall level but I have seen people with 1310 weapons. Can't understand how. 

1 minute ago, Pungee said:

Xbox gang - are there any Deep Stone Crypt runs happening this weekend that I could tag along with? Cos I do my weekly solo stuff on PS5 for the 4K and nicer controller, I feel like I'm missing on out the whole 'ad-hoc put together a group based on who's online' bit that the clan is great for. So much so that I've got the stock alerts set up for a Series X, but until that happens I'm relying on scheduling things in advance.

We haven't done one yet this week so will be trying to sort something.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop