Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

Xbox gang. As ever, if there's a DSC run happening this weekend that needs a space filled - I'm your man. Just shoot me a message here on via the official app clan chat thing. Thanks!

It seems to be raining catalysts at the moment; just recently, it’s given me the catalysts for Huckleberry, Bad Juju, Worldline Zero, Skyburner’s Oath, Sleeper Simulant, Lord of Wolves and Trinity Ghoul. I doubt I will be bothered to do all of them, but the one for Bad Juju sounds worthwhile, and I’m tempted to see if the Huckleberry one improves the gun significantly. 

On 27/03/2021 at 00:15, K said:

It seems to be raining catalysts at the moment; just recently, it’s given me the catalysts for Huckleberry, Bad Juju, Worldline Zero, Skyburner’s Oath, Sleeper Simulant, Lord of Wolves and Trinity Ghoul. I doubt I will be bothered to do all of them, but the one for Bad Juju sounds worthwhile, and I’m tempted to see if the Huckleberry one improves the gun significantly. 

The Trinity Ghoul one turns it into an absolute beast, definitely worth doing. 

45 minutes ago, redbloodcel said:

The Trinity Ghoul one turns it into an absolute beast, definitely worth doing. 

Yeah, I've done that one, and it's absolutely terrifying. Complete add-annihilator. I did the Huckleberry one as well the other night, and while it's fun rinsing through clouds of enemies with it, I'm not sure it's worth an exotic slot - Bad Juju has the same perk that refills the magazine on kills, but also generates super energy on top of that.

I can definitely recommend getting the Dead Mans Tale catalyst done. Turns it into practically a hip-firing sniper rifle, it's ridiculous. 

More for PvP but as someone who is a massive coward in PVP, it's the perfect spam. 

DMT is definitely something. As soon as I get a Subsistence Roll, I can see it never leaving my Primary for hip-fire casual PvE, the whole experience is just raw 90s FPS. Outlaw's doing alright, mind.

Huckleberry's Catalyst is wonderful in PvE - fully reloading the magazine on kill is obviously great on trash mobs and maintaining Ride The Bull/Rampage, but it also means you're more likely to dump a whole clip into some majors, killing them and getting a reload off of that in the process.

And by the time you face something that you can't kill in a single clip dump, you've probably generated enough orbs to pop your super and do something else about it.

I got a subsistence DMT for PvE and a moving target one for PvP. 

The stasis nerfs have made the Crucible slightly less horrible and with DMT, I'm actually enjoying myself and holding my own a bit more. I prefer the comp playlist for the slower pace as well, had a good little streak going earlier. 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Since the removed the Hephaestus mission doing things like the SunShot catalyst is a pain in the arse. I'm just glad I got the Graviton Lance one while it was still active.

That and Escalation Protocol were my two go-to things for catalyst grinding. No idea what the best one is just now.

24 minutes ago, Mafro said:

That and Escalation Protocol were my two go-to things for catalyst grinding. No idea what the best one is just now.

Pillars of Sorrow on the Moon is alright, but you'll usually get people joining you (to be fair, it also means you roll for a reprised moon weapon like Blasphemer).

If you want an infinite stream of fodder, your best bet is plodding though Shattered Throne to get to the thrallway.

I stumbled across a public event in the Dreaming City the other night that was an absolute landslide of red-bar enemies - it's the one where you have to defend a generator thing from waves of Scorn that run in out of the mist. The lost sectors in the DC are also pretty good in terms of sheer numbers of enemies.

I think there are areas on the coast of the Dreaming City where Screebs just keep spawning in and you can get decent-ish numbers there. It's not massively quick but you make steady progress.

13 hours ago, Mafro said:

12 hours ago, K said:

I stumbled across a public event in the Dreaming City the other night that was an absolute landslide of red-bar enemies - it's the one where you have to defend a generator thing from waves of Scorn that run in out of the mist. The lost sectors in the DC are also pretty good in terms of sheer numbers of enemies.

11 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I think there are areas on the coast of the Dreaming City where Screebs just keep spawning in and you can get decent-ish numbers there. It's not massively quick but you make steady progress.

Blind Well is also still there in the Dreaming City, although if you want to progress all the way through through you might need to pop back and forth a few times to find others using it. 

8 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Can you share progress across Xbox and Playstation on this?

And PC. It's account based rather than platform so play on whatever; even Stadia!*

*not really, no one does that ;) 

That's what I thought, but bungie website says this:

Players may only be signed into their Destiny account on a single console at any given time.

Players can only play on the same Destiny account on consoles of the same console family generation.

Which confused me...

3 minutes ago, Timmo said:

That's what I thought, but bungie website says this:

Which confused me...

You basically join the accounts you have and then decide which set of characters to keep. Then you use those characters on what ever format you play. The others basically get vaulted and you can switch them if you want.

Cheers all. Not convinced it'll look that much better on a relatively small screen on PS5 against Series S, and my monitor doesn't support 120hz for Crucible, but will be interesting to see. 

Other question, do you have to double dip on content across platforms? If everything is unlocked via Game Pass plus me topping up the season pass, will that be playable on PlayStation?

2 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Other question, do you have to double dip on content across platforms? If everything is unlocked via Game Pass plus me topping up the season pass, will that be playable on PlayStation?

Yes, you would need to buy all the content on different formats. The free to play content is playable but I've no idea what it locks off or how it allows access to stuff you have on a different format.

Things like season passes are applied on all platforms, but DLC expansions (Beyond Light) require a double dip. (E: I literally had to do this quite recently as my nephew wants to do Beyond Light co-op stuff on PS4...)

*I assume the difference is that season passes are purchased with silver that’s tied to your one Bungie account across all platforms...

Haven't played this for ages, installed the Series X version on Gamepass last night and holy shit, compared to the base PS4 version I'm used to, this is a completely different experience. Graphics and particularly the lighting/volumetric effects look incredible, the UI isn't like swimming through bricks anymore, loading/flying takes seconds rather than minutes, and all the new additions/adjustments from the base game make it feel so much more complete and refined.

Am I right in thinking everything including all the expansions are on Gamepass? Nothing extra to buy to get the full game?

Just now, Uncle Nasty said:

Haven't played this for ages, installed the Series X version on Gamepass last night and holy shit, compared to the base PS4 version I'm used to, this is a completely different experience. Graphics and particularly the lighting/volumetric effects look incredible, the UI isn't like swimming through bricks anymore, loading/flying takes seconds rather than minutes, and all the new additions/adjustments from the base game make it feel so much more complete and refined.

Am I right in thinking everything including all the expansions are on Gamepass? Nothing extra to buy to get the full game?

The only thing you need to buy is the Season Pass if you want access to the seasonal activities.

Thanks, I might hold off that for now, there's so much to do already - I really enjoyed the first Lost Sector I played and the way it was hidden waiting for you to discover it, love that kind of thing. Got the loot as well, a really tasty sniper rifle that only needs reloading every 20 rounds or so. So that's the loot bug kicked in nicely already.

As someone who missed the entirety of the Black Armoury stuff and Seasons 9 to 11, what's the smart choice at the Monument to Lost Lights exotic terminal? 

Witherhoard? Izanagi's Burden? I've seen a lot of Anarchy but those raid exotics are expensive as hell. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop