Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop

On 30/03/2021 at 10:46, Pungee said:

As someone who missed the entirety of the Black Armoury stuff and Seasons 9 to 11, what's the smart choice at the Monument to Lost Lights exotic terminal? 

Witherhoard? Izanagi's Burden? I've seen a lot of Anarchy but those raid exotics are expensive as hell. 

I had a similar sort of decision to make today, although I do have Witherhoard already. It came down to Jotunn or Bastion in the end. Now I've ran through a Lost Sector and Battleground with Jotunn it seems to be one crazily overpowered weapon. :lol:

As a follow up to that question, I see that Felwinter's Lie is also available in the Legendary section. Is it still much better than the other shotguns that it's worth an ascendant shard and all that other good stuff? I do love a bit of crucible and haven't settled on a perfect shotgun yet. 

39 minutes ago, Pungee said:

As a follow up to that question, I see that Felwinter's Lie is also available in the Legendary section. Is it still much better than the other shotguns that it's worth an ascendant shard and all that other good stuff? I do love a bit of crucible and haven't settled on a perfect shotgun yet. 

If you want to run a shotgun in the Crucible then that’s the one to go for. The Shot Package perk makes it very consistent and when you couple it with Quick Draw and Opening Shot you can see why every sweatlord and his dog has it equipped.

Slug shotguns have better range but they require much more accuracy so imo the consistent spread pattern of Felwinter’s is much more reliable.

I rarely play Crucible these days though so those that play it much more may have a differing view.

1 hour ago, Pungee said:

Felwinters definitely still the best Shotgun for Crucible. It's not quite as prevalent as it was but worth getting IMHO.

Hello. I really like Destiny. Playing Avengers reminded me just how finely balanced and nuanced the post-campaign of Destiny and online is. So I'm in here looking for a very quick steer from you god level boys as to how best to get back into it. I played everything before Forsaken and then never got back into it so what is the best (cheapest) way to play from Forsaken onwards? Or have I missed the boat in terms of the games focus if I go back to that?

*Bows and waits patiently for a revered Guardian to step forward*

I'd get the Legendary edition if you're on PS, on sale right now for £40ish. 

As for what to do, just follow the quest lines that interest you. I only started playing the game around November and that's what I did. You'll eventually get everything you need. 

End game I'd watch some videos. Took me about 200 hours all in all to get a handle on it all (to the extent that I can now attempt the really advanced stuff), and I still learn new stuff all the time. It's like a second job, but a fun one. 

I'm on PS5 and can see the legendary pass you mention @Timmo so that is basically everything from Forsaken onwards? I have the core game already, but think that is basically free now yeah?

How does that version work with the season pass stuff, is it included?

8 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I'm on PS5 and can see the legendary pass you mention @Timmo so that is basically everything from Forsaken onwards? I have the core game already, but think that is basically free now yeah?

How does that version work with the season pass stuff, is it included?

You get the current season included. Each season after is £7 or £8.

So its £40 for roughly 200 hours worth of content in a game that at the time I was obsessed with? :) seems more than reasonable!

Just how far off the pace in terms of power am I going to be starting Forsaken now?

Do you have to pay for boosters?

I just played the beyond light campaign first and came out the other end at a decent level. Never had to boost anything.

There's also tricks to level your second and third characters to just before your first without paying. Takes minutes.

Whenever a new expansion/season comes out, I think all your characters will get boosted to the new minimum light level. So it’s effectively impossible to be left behind - you’ll start at 1100 light, which is enough to start any of the campaigns.

I don’t think you have to pay for boosters any more. 

I dont want to jump straight into Beyond Light though. I really enjoyed the story elements so want to play the campaign elements of Forsaken at least before I start looting and stuff. I will download the core game again and see what signposts it has for me :)

Will I be able to level up my character doing weekly stuff if I play the basic F2P version on PC? My PS5 is in with Sony for repair, and I no longer have a PS4.  I have aready linked my PC and PS accounts.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Will I be able to level up my character doing weekly stuff if I play the basic F2P version on PC? My PS5 is in with Sony for repair, and I no longer have a PS4.  I have aready linked my PC and PS accounts.

I assume you can, as I’ve been able to mix and match between the Stadia and PS4 games with no issues. You just won’t be able to do expansion-specific stuff on the F2P version - so you can do strikes, crucible, gambit, etc. 

@Thor - like K says, you'll be able to do 'core' stuff like crucible, gambit, strikes* and get those pinnacles. You'll also be able to do Prophecy. But you won't get stuff like the Exo challenge, hunts, Pit of Heresy/Harbinger/Presage, raids etc so you're missing out quite a few pinnacle sources. And you won't be able to use your Stasis subclass either, even though you've unlocked it - which always feels a bit odd to me.

@MardiganX - you'll start off at base power level for Beyond Light, which means you'll be overlevelled for Shadowkeep from the off.

I don't think that'll make any difference. Plus, you probably won't get a season pass out of that, as you would with the legendary edition. 

On the latter note, your pass is activated the moment you log in. Since the current season ends four weeks this Tuesday, if you can hold off then it might be worth waiting to log in until then as if you do that you'll get the full 13 week season rather than the rump end of what's left of this one. Mind, if you're that into it you might want to get this season too, just for the exotics and the dungeon, and pay for the next one if those four weeks of play grab you.

Once you have the current expansion you usually (optionally) buy the seasons in-game with Eververse bucks (i.e. silver). I think it usually works out at about £8 per season, depending on how you source your PSN credit to buy the silver.

Right, what am I missing... I downloaded Destiny 2 again from my digital library and I now seem to have access to the campaigns in Forsaken (playing it now) and all the other additional campaigns available on the Destinations. I haven’t bought any of the additional content including Forsaken onwards so how can I access it?

New Light let’s you access all the planets to do patrols and wander around but most of the activities will be locked out.

Im pretty sure you can play the first mission of each campaign for free but everything else is locked out unless you have bought the relevant expansion

Exactly that @dreamylittledream that first mission of Forsaken and the cut scenes that followed it reminded me why I loved Destiny so much in the first place. I immediately took the plunge on the legendary edition which seemed to be a good price at £41.99.

But not I am at the tower, sorting through vendors, gear and quests I’m like :blink:

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Vex Obstruction Hour/Week/Season/Infinitely Recursive Time Loop