Jump to content

Destiny: Beyond DeeJ


Recommended Posts

I started this again recently, played through all of the existing single player content via game pass and had an absolute blast.

 

I’m now at power level 1006, what my best option now to increase to the current cap. Am I just in for a joyless grind now.

 

Any tips welcomed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, keineboom said:

I started this again recently, played through all of the existing single player content via game pass and had an absolute blast.

 

I’m now at power level 1006, what my best option now to increase to the current cap. Am I just in for a joyless grind now.

 

Any tips welcomed!

 

Now you’ve hit 1000 you’ll require powerful rewards to continue raising your power level towards 1050. So all the weekly challenges denoted by gold stars on the Director screen and from vendors in the Tower, along with weekly rewards from the Season of Arrivals (if you have it) and random drops of prime engrams will be your source of those. Each rank up in the Crucible and Gambit will provide a powerful reward too.

 

As Shadowkeep is the most recent expansion there are a bunch of weekly powerful rewards from Eris on the moon too. When you add it all up there’s something like 25-30 powerful rewards available each week, so loads of opportunities to continue raising your power level by playing whatever you enjoy.

 

There's probably some powerful rewards available via Festival of the Lost too but I'm not bothering with it this year so someone else will have to confirm.

 

I wouldn't sweat it too much though because with Beyond Light releasing in a few weeks the level cap will be raised once again, and the initial power grind will be obtainable via the copious blue drops that the game throws at you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

 

Now you’ve hit 1000 you’ll require powerful rewards to continue raising your power level towards 1050. So all the weekly challenges denoted by gold stars on the Director screen and from vendors in the Tower, along with weekly rewards from the Season of Arrivals (if you have it) and random drops of prime engrams will be your source of those. Each rank up in the Crucible and Gambit will provide a powerful reward too.

 

As Shadowkeep is the most recent expansion there are a bunch of weekly powerful rewards from Eris on the moon too. When you add it all up there’s something like 25-30 powerful rewards available each week, so loads of opportunities to continue raising your power level by playing whatever you enjoy.

 

There's probably some powerful rewards available via Festival of the Lost too but I'm not bothering with it this year so someone else will have to confirm.

 

I wouldn't sweat it too much though because with Beyond Light releasing in a few weeks the level cap will be raised once again, and the initial power grind will be obtainable via the copious blue drops that the game throws at you.

Cheers mate, as I suspected. Think I’ll just leave it now until the new one. Had an absolute blast with it up to this point!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keineboom said:

Cheers mate, as I suspected. Think I’ll just leave it now until the new one. Had an absolute blast with it up to this point!

What platform are you on? 

 

I got flawless through trials today, what an experience 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoilering just in case anyone wants to go in absolutely blind but regarding that season roadmap: 

 

Spoiler

I really hope that is just a seasonal strike added with the Season of the Hunt, and not just one new strike with BL. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Looks like this has less content than Shadowkeep?

 

Yeah, it does look remarkably similar in that it has some 'Hunts' which will likely be copies of the nightmare hunts which were pretty much ignored past the first few months of Shadowkeep. I'm sure there are secrets but for those expecting Forsaken levels of content, I reckon will be disappointed.

 

Rumour only spoiler

 

Spoiler

The rumour of us going back to the old tower is something that should keep things feeling fresh, even though its an old environment, if that makes sense? :mellow: 

 

I'm looking forward to messing about with the new energy and subclass and exploring new (and old) environment but I lost interest about 6 weeks after Shadowkeep and bounced in and out over the year and this will likely be the same and I really think it's the best way to play Destiny now, for me at least. They've said they are removing the FOMO from last year so you can come back after season 13 or 14 and mop up all the content you missed and have a fun time with it and move on and then get excited for the next expansion. Begin again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Iv made a hunter Alt but can't face the grind again, will wait for dying light to drop as I imagine it will be much faster 

 

Iv added all the xbox players from the clan list 

 

If you have the season pass and have progressed it with your main, you should be able to claim the armour pieces on it one by one (lowest level first) on your alt to level it up pretty close to your main (unless they've fixed that since I stopped playing again).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

 

If you have the season pass and have progressed it with your main, you should be able to claim the armour pieces on it one by one (lowest level first) on your alt to level it up pretty close to your main (unless they've fixed that since I stopped playing again).

 

 

Worked a treat thanks I had no idea 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

No the season pass is for each season, Beyond Light is the next big expansion for the game.

 

Shadowkeep definitely included it's season pass though

 

Edit - It was for any season when you activated it

 

Quote

First time purchases of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep include a Season Pass for the Season that is active at the time of purchase. Includes Season Pass for Season if Dawn if purchased and claimed (by logging into the game client) while Season of Dawn is active

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

 

Shadowkeep definitely included it's season pass though

 

Edit - It was for any season when you activated it

 

 

And there are similar options with Beyond Light, depending on how much you want to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

And there are similar options with Beyond Light, depending on how much you want to pay.

 

Yeah I just find it odd that this time they want you to pay ~£7 extra for what was included previously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hexx said:

 

Yeah I just find it odd that this time they want you to pay ~£7 extra for what was included previously.

 

4 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:


Yeah this is the first time they will have pay gated content when an expansion launches

 

This happened with Shadowkeep, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lyrical Donut said:

 

 

This happened with Shadowkeep, too.


No Shadowkeep launched with the first season pass included with the expansion...this is the firsts Destiny expansion where buying the basic level upgrade doesn’t get you all the first three months content

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:


No Shadowkeep launched with the first season pass included with the expansion...this is the firsts Destiny expansion where buying the basic level upgrade doesn’t get you all the first three months content

There is an option for Beyond Light + 1 season this time around - whether that season can be activated when you choose is up for debate, still. But given how disappointing D2 has been the past year, I'd like to think they'd let you choose when you get to activate that particular season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gorf King changed the title to Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.