Destiny: Beyond DeeJ

21 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I have a couple of characters from when this came out. I finished the original campaign and did some strikes with folks in here but dropped it all not long after. If I jump back in now and I start a new character....

1. Will I have to do the campaign stuff all over again?

2. Will it take me ages to level up or is it all a bit speedier now? 

Reason I thought a new character is because I pretty much forgotten my one and the builds etc. Thing it was a hunter. Just thought a new character might make it a bit fresh. 

I had a pimped up character on PS4 Destiny that I’d transported to D2, then abandoned that original campaign.

Playing this with an all new character and it’s like a different game entirely, so no problems.

32 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Can anyone report as to whether the load times have improved on your lesser consoles? PS4 Pro/One X. I didn't know if the vaulting had stopped the 30 second wait times on inventory. 

Basic PS4 is miles quicker 

One thing I have noticed is that whilst the new lighting engine has improved HDR across the board it has reintroduced some of that horrific negative-like effects that plagued the game a year or so ago. It's particularly noticeable on Nessus, the Exodus strike and the Gambit maps were weirding me out. I was just telling myself it was the darkness enveloping the galaxy but more likely it's just a bug :sherlock:

Gonna have to get cracking with the alt characters if I’m gonna hit that 1220 power level for the raid attempt this weekend I think.

Ordinarily this wouldn’t be a problem but with a new Series X and games coming out my ass my attention is being pulled this way and that.

Enjoying the post-campaign stuff in Beyond Light though. The first exotic quest was really good fun and the aspects and fragments customisation for the new Stasis subclass has bags of potential for the future when they add more.

Lean offering of new loot is a definite problem but otherwise one of the better expansions, I think.

20 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

The second half of the fight against Eramis is well pony. Constantly frozen or knocked off the platform.

Edit: Beat her in the end. Just spamming super and grenades in her face.

So I guess I'm done? :lol:

Nah, there's loads of post game missions, probably about the same again at least before you get in to the 'grind'. Plus, the actual new season starts tomorrow which will hopefully bring even more seasonal activities and possibly even some loot! 

4 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Gonna have to get cracking with the alt characters if I’m gonna hit that 1220 power level for the raid attempt this weekend I think.

Ordinarily this wouldn’t be a problem but with a new Series X and games coming out my ass my attention is being pulled this way and that.

Enjoying the post-campaign stuff in Beyond Light though. The first exotic quest was really good fun and the aspects and fragments customisation for the new Stasis subclass has bags of potential for the future when they add more.

Lean offering of new loot is a definite problem but otherwise one of the better expansions, I think.

You can do it! :)

Not just warlocks It looks like stasis melees/grenades/exotic can all do it. 

No one's quite sure but looks like when the "freeze" breaks and spreads to nearby targets, enemies with big hitboxes confuse it so they self freeze, explode, self freeze, explode etc etc 

So the token package things you get from Banshee and Zavala et al. Am I wrong in thinking they're either going to make other uses for that currency or they're going to revert the power level of them, because currently there's literally no point in handing them over. Have they said what the plans are for them? I've got like 5k weapon parts (just because, I've not been hoarding them for any reason) and chucking them at Banshee to shard stuff just seems pointless.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

So the token package things you get from Banshee and Zavala et al. Am I wrong in thinking they're either going to make other uses for that currency or they're going to revert the power level of them, because currently there's literally no point in handing them over. Have they said what the plans are for them? I've got like 5k weapon parts (just because, I've not been hoarding them for any reason) and chucking them at Banshee to shard stuff just seems pointless.

Very useful for levelling alt characters. I zoomed my other two up to ~1210 thanks to the tokens and season pass. After that, they're only really useful for getting weapons or armor looks you really like, as that loot pool is generally not great stuff. I was very pleased to get a 1410 cap Philomath Robes for my Warlock, which was my Y1 look that has never been bettered in design I think.

I played a lot of Destiny 1 and hardly dipped my toe into the Destiny 2 water, so it's all a tad overwhelming right now with a lot to catch up on... Gambits, Triumphs, ways to upgrade weapons and  gear, soft caps, other caps, new quests structures, etc. Although also familiar starting in the Cosmodrome. Is there a good 'Story so far' article anywhere I can read?

One thing which is a game changer for me is the load times on a Series X. I recall the game taking ages to load previously which really discouraged dipping in and playing a few quick rounds of Crucible or finishing off a few bounties.

2 minutes ago, PK said:

Ah, Black Armory, I never did any of that. Last time I saw him he was getting eaten by a giant slug!

Oh was it black armoury? 
I remember being vaguely excited at it meant at least some ongoing story momentum...

Boy was I let down :p

I just don't understand what everyone has against the Darkness. 'I believe in a thing called love' is a cracking song, 'Don't let the bells end' is a great Christmas rockathon and they even do the theme tune to 'Grace's Amazing Machines' on Cbeebies which features such thought-provoking lyrics as "Graces amazing machines! Grace's amazing machines! Grace's amazing machines! They're amazing, and they're machines!"

I shit you not.

Maybe that's why no one likes the darkness in Destiny. 

Yeah, there's an absurd amount of get this currency to buy this bounty to get this other currency so you can get this mod to put in a thing to.... Yeah, I know, that's Destiny but even more than usual and think I'm already thinking I may wait it out until the patch so at least I can not enjoy it in 60fps :lol:

I'm enjoying it. There's plenty for me to do, exotic quests and what not. Bungie were never going to be able to replace everything that's been removed with an expansion and a season.

Whatever content is there people will burn through as quickly as they can. I saw someone over the weekend who was season pass level 88. That's actually ridiculous.

I was thinking that this is make or break for Destiny buy I'm not sure that's true. People might fall off because they think the game is too slight and there's nothing to do but they'll come back next season, if only to see what's been done to expand the game.

I’m sorry but it’s not the content they’ve removed it’s that so far the season of the hunt is

Do playlist activity to charge lure

Load planet

Drive Sparrow for a minute 

Kill Equivalent of lost sector boss (one of 4 options)

Compared to Sundial, etc. It feels very slight. 

Edit - The 88 thing is due to bug. Purchased extra bounties in some locations ( I think the moon was one of them) were giving equivalent of a weekly bounty xp. You’d still have to play a fair bit - but no where near as much as you’re thinking 

I'm enjoying it. I'm having a time trying to keep shit straight with the exotic weapon quest, unlocking all the class bits, more catalysts, other things. It doesn't feel slight. I mean, it's not fucking vast, but if we're doing the reductive thing again...

I guess if it's the only thing you play you'd be disappointed. 

I'm trying to complete one of the weekly bounties for the crow, defeat a fallen boss with stasis damage, and I cannot get the fucking thing to progress.  At this point I've beaten most of the lost sectors solo using Stasis and Salvation's Grip but nothing has registered so far.  Anyone actually done this?

I don't know the bounty you mean but is it stasis damage or shatter damage? If the former, a finisher (press and hold R3 when the enemy is flowing with a dot over their head) should do it. If it's the latter, freeze then melee to finish them.

1 hour ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I'm trying to complete one of the weekly bounties for the crow, defeat a fallen boss with stasis damage, and I cannot get the fucking thing to progress.  At this point I've beaten most of the lost sectors solo using Stasis and Salvation's Grip but nothing has registered so far.  Anyone actually done this?

Do the hunts for Varis (can't for the life of me think what they're called atm). Easy to get kills with in on the bosses in there, plus two of them counts toward a powerful engram from Variks (if you have done the requisite sabotage bits).