Jump to content

Destiny: Beyond DeeJ


Recommended Posts

On 18/11/2020 at 00:27, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, there's an absurd amount of get this currency to buy this bounty to get this other currency so you can get this mod to put in a thing to.... Yeah, I know, that's Destiny but even more than usual and think I'm already thinking I may wait it out until the patch so at least I can not enjoy it in 60fps :lol:

 

Maintenance and a 450mb patch on XSX now.  I have high hopes for the eventual next-gen patch beyond just 60fps. Playing on PC everything is just sharper and crisper. On XSX I'm also getting some odd popup on Europa that's not there on PC.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swallow said:

I don't know the bounty you mean but is it stasis damage or shatter damage? If the former, a finisher (press and hold R3 when the enemy is flowing with a dot over their head) should do it. If it's the latter, freeze then melee to finish them.

It's described as stasis damage but it hasn't worked so far.

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

 

Do the hunts for Varis (can't for the life of me think what they're called atm). Easy to get kills with in on the bosses in there, plus two of them counts toward a powerful engram from Variks (if you have done the requisite sabotage bits).

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pledge said:

Maintenance and a 450mb patch on XSX now.  I have high hopes for the eventual next-gen patch beyond just 60fps. Playing on PC everything is just sharper and crisper. On XSX I'm also getting some odd popup on Europa that's not there on PC.

 


I’ve gave up on the XSX version and ponied up the money for the expansion and pass for PC. Could never finish Beyond Light on console as I kept getting disconnected. Smashed my way to the end no problem on PC tonight. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Iv never once been dced on the xbox and iv hammered it. 

 

Anyone managed to solo the dungeon yet for new exotic armour? 

Done the 250 today about 10 times and got nish. One run was platinum, flawless and completed in 7.5 mins. Got a fuckin blue sword.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vezna said:


I’ve gave up on the XSX version and ponied up the money for the expansion and pass for PC. Could never finish Beyond Light on console as I kept getting disconnected. Smashed my way to the end no problem on PC tonight. :D

Don't say that. I'm trying to prevent myself from buying it again as I have it on Game Pass, and it's coming to PC next year. I understand why they have to charge for each platform but would be nice if they worked out how to give some discount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pledge said:

Don't say that. I'm trying to prevent myself from buying it again as I have it on Game Pass, and it's coming to PC next year. I understand why they have to charge for each platform but would be nice if they worked out how to give some discount.


Ultimately it’s unlikely to stay on console and PC GamePass for ever. At some stage I’m guessing we’d have to buy it on either format. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brain vomit post:

 

Stasis in Crucible is a pain in the arse.

 

I think they've accidentally super powdered the Getaway Artist arms on Warlock. If you've stacked Discipline you get a new Sentient Arc thing every 39 seconds ish, and with the bottom Stormcaller tree mêlée hit/kills (I think it's hit) reduce the cool down of your grenade. However it seems that the damage dealt by the orb is counted as mêlée because the grenade has cooled down before the orb had expired. I'm sure that wasn't the case before Beyond Light because I had to flip between using the rift orb and the grenade orb.

 

Using Duality in Crucible at the moment gives you kills disproportionate to how many you've actually made with it, so doing the mid part of the catalyst quest and the Chaperone quest took me about 4 matches. Not sure if this is because it uses a points based system or it's broken or what.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Brain vomit post:

 

Stasis in Crucible is a pain in the arse.

 

I think they've accidentally super powdered the Getaway Artist arms on Warlock. If you've stacked Discipline you get a new Sentient Arc thing every 39 seconds ish, and with the bottom Stormcaller tree mêlée hit/kills (I think it's hit) reduce the cool down of your grenade. However it seems that the damage dealt by the orb is counted as mêlée because the grenade has cooled down before the orb had expired. I'm sure that wasn't the case before Beyond Light because I had to flip between using the rift orb and the grenade orb.

 

Using Duality in Crucible at the moment gives you kills disproportionate to how many you've actually made with it, so doing the mid part of the catalyst quest and the Chaperone quest took me about 4 matches. Not sure if this is because it uses a points based system or it's broken or what.

 


Duality you get 2x progress at season rank 22 and 4x at 32

 

Chaperone was just kills with bonus progress for guardians wasn’t it 

 

PS5 load times are insane 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Brain vomit post:

 

Stasis in Crucible is a pain in the arse.

 

I think they've accidentally super powdered the Getaway Artist arms on Warlock. If you've stacked Discipline you get a new Sentient Arc thing every 39 seconds ish, and with the bottom Stormcaller tree mêlée hit/kills (I think it's hit) reduce the cool down of your grenade. However it seems that the damage dealt by the orb is counted as mêlée because the grenade has cooled down before the orb had expired. I'm sure that wasn't the case before Beyond Light because I had to flip between using the rift orb and the grenade orb.

 

Using Duality in Crucible at the moment gives you kills disproportionate to how many you've actually made with it, so doing the mid part of the catalyst quest and the Chaperone quest took me about 4 matches. Not sure if this is because it uses a points based system or it's broken or what.

 

Team kills count?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carlospie said:

Any tips? I'm 1239 and can get to the boss but can't do enough dps! 

Loadout is pulse with anti barrier, erania's vow which is again anti barrier and falling guillotine. I have the artifact mod on which mean stasis grenades disrupt overload champions. Boss dps is just chipping away. Eriana's does decent dps but with both weapons having anti barrier you ignore the hydra's shield. After clearing boss room with super I just wait in the tunnel chipping away and baiting in the two overloads that come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luckypierre said:

Loadout is pulse with anti barrier, erania's vow which is again anti barrier and falling guillotine. I have the artifact mod on which mean stasis grenades disrupt overload champions. Boss dps is just chipping away. Eriana's does decent dps but with both weapons having anti barrier you ignore the hydra's shield. After clearing boss room with super I just wait in the tunnel chipping away and baiting in the two overloads that come.

Il have to save up for erians as I missed it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Il have to save up for erians as I missed it! 

I've never really used it until now. Need to finish the catalyst as its really grown on me for this sort of activity. 

 

Should add im also using charged by light/protective light mods on my armour. Saved my skin plenty of times and its what I'll be running with for the raid.

 

If you haven't got them just check in with Banshee everyday and grab every mod you haven't got

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I just figured out how to do the Wrathborn Hunt and it was actually kind of nice. The main thing I liked about Nightmare Hunts was that they felt like a decent middle-ground between missions and strikes, and this seems to go for a similar vibe. At first I didn't understand the tracking phase but it's very similar to the scoutflies in Monster Hunter - just follow them to find your target. The battle at the end was pretty dicey on my own due to the "respawning restricted" caveat, but that made victory more satisfying. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, luckypierre said:

I've never really used it until now. Need to finish the catalyst as its really grown on me for this sort of activity. 

 

Should add im also using charged by light/protective light mods on my armour. Saved my skin plenty of times and its what I'll be running with for the raid.

 

If you haven't got them just check in with Banshee everyday and grab every mod you haven't got

Are you on xbox? Might have to team up with you for some pointers please 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2020 at 12:36, tnman said:

Putting the feelers out...

 

Who would be free for a semi-serious crack at the new Deep Stone Crypt raid when it releases next Saturday 21st at 5pm? Recommended light will be 1230, but if I'm honest it would be unlikely we would finish so 1220 is fine. However, we will need a solid 5 hours of free time to give it a good go.

 

As much as I hate to be that guy I'd like to be in a team with relatively strong DPS potential, so it would be great if you have Izanagi's Burden OR Xenophage OR Whisper of the Worm OR Divinity. You will need to have all Champion mods unlocked for your artifact.

 

I am willing to teach (if necessary) a run of Garden of Salvation (hello @luckypierre wanna help?) depending on how many interested people there are as it helps to have a sense of player unity before going in.

 

All runs on Xbox.

 

Did you get any responses? I'm up to 1217 now if you need any more people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pledge said:

 

Did you get any responses? I'm up to 1217 now if you need any more people.

 

I'd love for you to join us but it's gonna need to be a 1220 minimum. And, as luckypierre pointed out to me the other night, it has to be 1220 without the artifact power bonus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Stasis  

Fixed exploits with the Warlock Shadebinder Super.

Stasis breakout damage reduced (110->90hp).

Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using Resilience.

Increased the damage reduction effect Resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable.

Caps out at 90 Resilience.

Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.

Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).

Winter’s Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (was 30s now 24s).

Winter’s Wrath light attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (was 5% per burst, now 4.5% per burst).

Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%

Against Guardians:  

Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).

Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).

Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).

Winter’s Wrath heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased

 

Warlocks can't have anything nice.:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh lots of things related to stasis needed tuning in PvP (but they've focused on warlocks) - but that's smashed the subclass into redundancy. Novawarp over again :(


Warlock Melee definitely needed changing as it was a 1v1 ‘I win’ button. But reducing range, speed and freeze is too much 

 

Ice shards seems they’ve reduced speed but not changed time active so distance traveled is much less, and slower. Chances of getting anyone much reduced (and in pve it’s feels same range as shatter...so what’s the point?) 
 

1.75 freeze across the board doesn’t give much time to aim/kill etc. Freeze (and warlocks have 3 dependable ways to do it so are ‘worst ) is a problem in pvp but they feels to low for most players to capitalise on.

 

I'll didn't PvE much tonight but I think it's going to be rough feeling now - the combo ability is massively gone on adds (esp thins that dash/tp a lot), and setting up individual freezes is going got be harder...The range change leaves it in an odd place where the "window" where you far enough away to not just autopunch instead but close enough that it'll still hit is quite small.

 

(The super nerf is fine and brings it in line with most other roaming) 

 

Hopefully there's some more aspects/fragments that'll counter it, but on paper it sounds like a lot of the fun/coolness is gone. (And in PvE it wasn't that OP, at the high end sure, but new, exciting and fun...)

 

They really need to split of PvE and PvP sandboxes though. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit lost. I finished the story and I’ve been given some more missions but the one I tried was way too hard, specifically the boss which was just another massive brig. I tried to kill it a few times but didn’t get very far. 
 

I've been doing public events and getting more gear but it’s only pushing my gear up slowly, one point at a time. I’m about 1170 now but have been around that for a while. There’s so much...stuff...that it’s a bit overwhelming. I logged in this morning and had a cinematic about something called the hunt but no idea what that is, where it is, if I should bother with it etc. On the destination screen there’s icons but no explanation as to what they are, hovering over them doesn’t explain. 
 

I was given an epic chest plate. Is it worth upgrading it? I notice I can upgrade it with a few of the billion currencies the game seems to have. 
 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd not worry about it too much. Part of the Destiny experience is either working out your own understanding or watching videos/guides on hints. Ultimately it still all boils down to go somewhere, shoot something, pick something up. I've found some of the hunts challenging, and you will alone - and you are a bit underpowered for some of the hunts. Check the map for the gold medallions of things to do for higher powered rewards. You need to do the weekly circle of strikes, gambit, crucible.

 

I'm not particularly enjoying stasis. I get they want people to use it as its new, but it seems OP everywhere at the moment and frankly annoying. I hate games where you have to mash a button to escape, and despite this saying just double press I seem to have to hammer away to have any effect.

 

16 hours ago, tnman said:

 

I'd love for you to join us but it's gonna need to be a 1220 minimum. And, as luckypierre pointed out to me the other night, it has to be 1220 without the artifact power bonus.

 

That's fair. I'm 1219 now, but I think about 7 of that is the bonus. I should be high enough next week if you need another, and I'll still be on later if you are desperate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.