rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

22 hours ago, Yiggy said:

If I want to play Destiny 2 on my Xbox what’s the best way in? 

Should I just download the free to play version and play till I hit a wall the. Pay for more? Or should I buy shadowkeep now? (It’s in the sale for £18) Does buying shadowkeep off the bat give me any Immediate advantages over doing the former? Will best everything with that including forsaken? They’ve made it well confusing!

Play the free version. If you like it, you can pay for Shadowkeep later. I'm not sure how much the XP boosts in the battle pass affected how long it took me to finish it, but it's nearly over now so I guess if you're looking to finish that before the season ends buying Shadowkeep immediately might help. I'm not sure how feasible that is now though, @Gorf King or someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell you? 

Unless you're the type of person who absolutely must have every single thing completed, I don't think it's worth worrying about buying Shadowkeep now or buying Forsaken at all. Everything in Destiny shits more stuff at you, and if you're enjoying it and playing a lot you've always got lots of stuff to choose from. You don't need to buy everything unless you specifically want to have literally everything to choose from, and are willing to put in all the varied hours to get all that stuff.

• Upvote 1

Well, it depends what you want from the game and which bits you're most interested in. At the moment, there's not much point in buying season 8 stuff because the season ends in just over two weeks and stuff like the Vex Offensive will be gone then. But at the moment, season 8 comes with Shadowkeep anyway, and Shadowkeep content isn't going away. But also at the moment, Shadowkeep doesn't include Forsaken, which contains a lot more content than Shadowkeep. So really, if you're looking to gradually expand, Forsaken is probably first thing to buy. But if you wait long enough there'll likely eventually be a version of Shadowkeep that comes with it.

The new season starts on Dec 10, so you might as well wait until after that to see if anything shifts in terms of what deals are available.

• Upvote 2

137 - but I was in hospital and not playing for 2-3 weeks so I think I'd be about 30 more.

Without raiding or doing much pinnacle stuff (friends didn't come back...but friends tempted by £18 in Black Friday Sale) I've fallen off the hamster wheel.

We don't know anything about next season (thematically or mechanically in terms of power etc) do we?

On 22/11/2019 at 23:43, Yiggy said:

If I want to play Destiny 2 on my Xbox what’s the best way in? 

Should I just download the free to play version and play till I hit a wall the. Pay for more? Or should I buy shadowkeep now? (It’s in the sale for £18) Does buying shadowkeep off the bat give me any Immediate advantages over doing the former? Will best everything with that including forsaken? They’ve made it well confusing!

I started the free version a couple of months ago. Free version is all the single and MP from the Base D2 plus all the DLC. Then I bought Forsaken as it had a big price cut a couple weeks ago. I still haven't got around to the Forsaken stuff. Single player wise there is a fuck ton of content. MP, you're barely locked out of anything, mostly the Season Pass stuff that's included with Shadowkeep although I'm not sure if future Seasons are included. You do get a ton of upgrades with each DLC but a lot of it is cosmetic and a lot can randomly drop though just playing. I'm lvl 920 with little effort and a lot of enjoyment on the way. I was tempted by the recent price cut with Shadowkeep but I'll hang off for now. I'm not saying don't buy it but it doesn't include the Forsaken stuff afaik and I will be buying it when I run out of stuff to do...which may be some time

tldr; jump in, see if you like it first

• Upvote 2

I could do with a little advice with trying get back into Destiny 2.

I finished the main campaign and did the first mission of Curse of Osiris last year (around when Forsaken came out).

When I started it up this week, my light level has shot up to 750 and my Titan has different abilities - Was this something that happened to everyone?

Any loot I find is level 750 - is that because the minimum level is now 750?

Thanks for any tips!

Loving Iron Banner on this. Weirdly I never got into it previously but I love control and the triple-lock mechanic is really great. 

On a different note, I'm mainly playing on XB1 at the moment but it's interesting that the PvP lag in Stadia seems to be a potential step-up. It's weird, because although there's no obvious "latency" on Stadia the controls feel "heavier" and not quite as crisp which I guess is actually lag. On the other hand, you don't get any of the annoying PvP issues that you get on XB1 - like games where you're shooting people and it's not registering or 5 shots arriving at you in an insta-death. On XB1 this tends to happen in specific games so I presume this as caused by other players with dodgy connections. It's also hard to tell at the moment because the Stadia community is so small that the games are inherently less competitive. But it's definitely an interesting case study.

Whenever Stadia is free, this will be the first thing I try out. I'd love to be able to do some bits on my laptop while my girlfriend watches TV or when I'm supposed to be working.

Conversely Iron Banner has been an utter chore for me this time. I managed to get all 3 characters done for the triumph last time but the ability bounty is eluding me on my Warlock.
Also over the weekend I came to the conclusion raiding isn't for me, and aside from some Exotic quests I have outstanding I'm not sure why I'm still playing now :(

• Empathy 2

This last Iron Banner has been the worst for bounties, as always ability kills can get fucked on anything but an Arc Battery'd-up Titan, and the one where you get progress for killing people alongside your teammates has been replaced with weapon final blows only, which can also be a bit of a slog as it pits you against your teammates for final blows (as did a lot of the triumphs for the Undying title) or encourages you to try to split off and take more one-on-one gunfights, which goes against the spirit of the game mode.

They both took me a full 4 hours with my Hunter this time around because I forgot to lower my light level for bonus progress. It felt so good switching over to my Titan, sticking a 750 power weapon on to bring him down to 950 light and getting umpteen% progress on the ability kills bounty in most matches.

I don't think that's too bad for a bunch of weekly bounties in a week-long activity that give four pinnacle rewards. The IB bounties do have the advantage of being the only pinnacle activities you can do solo just by playing the game normally instead of having to form a dedicated group to do a (relatively) challenging activity. I don't think they should make them *too* easy (or, in this case, quick) to complete.

• Upvote 2

Missread the Undying title page and didn't realise I need the collection.

Not too far off the last pinnacles - but how hard is the Master Nightfall? I'm 969 - and wouldn't be caring abotu score...

I did it with two people on lfg and we were all at 960, and all not very good. Took about an hour.

I assume you can complete the seal after the season ends as long as you’ve started the quests? It explicitly calls out that vex offensive ones can only be done during this season but I have the stupid vanguard strike ability one remaining and would rather avoid trying to do it this final week.

That's a great trailer. I took a break from this once I hit Season rank 100, but looking forward to diving back in.

1 minute ago, Bojangle said:

That's a great trailer. I took a break from this once I hit Season rank 100, but looking forward to diving back in.

Bright engrams of tat every five levels after that, you madman! How can you not grind for those emotes!!!!!!!

Ahem.

I'm getting to the point where various exotic quests and whatnot need a fireteam and epic stike reprises so I'm feeling a bit burned out by it which no doubt means I'll still be plunging on next week regardless.

And a Saint 14 storyline.

Better than the current one already, which consisted of Vex invasions on the moon, 2 exotics (Eriana's Vow, which doesnt even have a quest attached to it, and Leviathans Breath) and Vex Offensive. Yes, thats it. The rest is all Shadowkeep content.

24 minutes ago, Hexx said:

6 player activity, pvp map, exotic quests 

Seems underwhelming

I was wondering about this. What are people expecting from each season? Because if it's Shadowkeep style expansions each season people are going to be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I was wondering about this. What are people expecting from each season? Because if it's Shadowkeep style expansions each season people are going to be disappointed.

Was hoping for a raid/raid liar 

Or new strike 

Certainly not a new destination.

Have they said how much it’ll be,

It was never going to be a new raid per season, even if they worked themselves to the bone. Keep them expectations in check when you're thinking new content every 3 months or so.

Suppose I’ve not got out of Warmind/CoO DLC packs 

£10 and I’d prob be in 

Think I’m out honestly. While I totally get why they’ve restructured the power cap around premade fireteams, that’s just not the way I play the game any more, and if I know I can only climb 80% of a mountain I see little point in starting at all. I lost interest v quickly this season. Ho hum. Other videogames are available. 

• Upvote 1