rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

...a causal loop within the Corridors of Time's mechanism, suggesting that the update process somehow binds space and time into...

Apparently, the effects might be spreading to other in game assets.

Headcanon: Everyone's inventory getting destroyed was an event like the upcoming Lighthouse nonsense, where the sacrifices were made to make Hard Light actually good after five years.

It's basically a timelost weapon, if you think/cringe hard enough about it.

Trials is coming back next season according to datamining (was in Aztecross' video yesterday). The upcoming Empyrean event thing is us doing up the Lighthouse so Osiris can use it in Trials again or some such.

Yup, there's been a bit of foreshadowing this season about Trials coming back, I'm guessing Saint-14 will be the new trials vendor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/11/10/will-destiny-2-bring-back-trials-of-osiris-for-season-of-the-dawn/amp/

I've hammered this season a fair bit too so if trials takes centre stage next season along with a PvP sandbox rework I may take a bit of breather. 

I'm only a couple of triumphs away from the Saviour title, the last one datamined to be donating 5K of fractaline to Saint-14 for the Empyrean restoration. :wacko:

I see Bungie have taken a leaf out of the book of Warframe and other free-to-play games and have started offering free drops through Twitch Prime.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48663

If you've got a Twitch Prime account, go to https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/destiny2, do the usual linking of accounts stuff, and claim the gear from Amanda in the Tower. There's one free package per month for six months, and if the first one's anything to go by, most regular players will probably have all or most of this stuff anyway - first month gives you a Suros Regime, an ornament for it, the Skyline Flipside ghost shell (a.k.a. the glitter ball) and the unsecured/OUTCRY ship.

I can't say I'm at all keen on them giving actual weapons (and I guess armour) away by means like this, but I guess that's where you likely end up when you go (partly) free to play. But if you are going to do it, well... at least give me something I want but could never get. I look forward to my 1kV in the post next month, ta.

• Upvote 3

The other thing is, the Suros seems to drop at par your power level when you're over the 960 cap. I imagine that'll be the case for any future weapons/armour, so they're like powerful drops, in which case if the Twitch Prime offer is in a weak slot, you're in luck. If it's not, leave the offer untouched until it is.

• Upvote 1

On 25/01/2020 at 10:13, Qazimod said:

So @pixelcult and I finally cleared the Chasm of Screams the other day ^_^ We did know of exploit-y type things where one player could hide safely and protect against a team wipe, but getting everything to come together consistently was the challenge. (Also I've been enjoying Hard Light recently and it's hugely helpful for all of those elemental shields...) Anyway, Thorn get!

We’ve cleared the Taken Anomaly / Whisper mission too! For a while I was struggling with the platforming and working out where to go, so recently I’d been going in solo and failing it repeatedly until it was burned into my mind. Beyond that there was “only” the combat arena stuff, and after many attempts we managed to survive. :) 

• Upvote 1

I ought to get whisper really. Finally got round to finishing Lumina and Wish Ender and Atm I'm grinding the curated guns. Got 17 medals for Randy's Throwing Knife to get, about halfway through the Python in gambit, got to get solar kills fooorrrrrrrrrrrrr... Luna's howl? Is that the Survival gun? My oh is sending herself batty trying to get 200 fucking precision hand cannon kills, so looking forward to that :/

• Upvote 1

Oh and my favourite weapon at the minute is La Monarque. I fucking love dots and anything that applies them is alright by me. It's pretty viable in Crucible too, but I think I need a shotgun with wider spread or more.imoact because although I love the Parcel Of Stardust for Gambit it's not really doing the do in Crucible.

*sigh* I guess I'll start grinding out the glory for the Komodo now we're into February.

5 minutes of freelance comp matchmaking later, me with 0 glory vs. Unbrokens with The Last Word/Revoker etc. who are all at near-1000 light.

I bought Shadowkeep when it came out but haven’t really played since then. I’d not played much in the build up to that either.

Got an email from Bungie an hour ago saying to do a survey that was targeted at ‘players like me’ but when I click on the link it says the survey is closed. Anyone else?

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I bought Shadowkeep when it came out but haven’t really played since then. I’d not played much in the build up to that either.

Got an email from Bungie an hour ago saying to do a survey that was targeted at ‘players like me’ but when I click on the link it says the survey is closed. Anyone else?

I got the email: don’t know if I’ve turned it on since the middle of December at the start of the new season.

I can’t really say why, but I’ve really enjoyed the past two seasons. The storyline with Saint 14 and the slow build up to Trials has been satisfying. I enjoyed the community event of the Corridors of Time but, like most people, I found the reward underwhelming. 

This season in particular has given me an opportunity to complete most of the many ritual weapon quests (all of the Gambit ones, all of the Vanguard one and all but two of the Crucible ones) I had built up in my quest log and also to git (relatively) gud at  competitive. I’ve managed to grind out the Komodo & Randy’s Throwing Knife so far and It’s tempting, with Trials on the way, to go for the Luna’s Howl and Revoker too. I also got my first two Seals - Dredgen and Wayfarer. I still need to do all of the raids (did almost all of Leviathan and some of Last Wish)  and the most recent dungeon, though. Which I will do, even if it’s an LFG job.  

• Upvote 2

The current Empyrean Foundation stuff is very good, because it's a super-lazy way to farm XP and God Rolled guns.

Get a bunch of fractaline each week from the resonance tiers, buy four timelost bounties from the city obelisk, and then immediately donate 400 fractaline to instantly complete them (at least, using the season pass bonuses). And then, uh, play other games until reset to get that fractaline back.

Cleared the last ten levels of the season pass and got a couple of tasty Jack Queen King 3 rolls - Demo / Swashbuckler and Subsistence / Rampage being highlights so far.

• Upvote 1

On 28/01/2020 at 19:20, Gorf King said:

...a causal loop within the Corridors of Time's mechanism, suggesting that the update process somehow binds space and time into...

On 28/01/2020 at 19:20, Gorf King said:

If you were having fun playing Iceborne, I'd probably suggest going back to playing Iceborne.

Titles seem a bit like tattoos, tbh. I'm not entirely against them, but I'm also not that fussed. You do you, etc. I'm currently 1% off a platinum for D2 because I don't have a title. I don't care.

If Bungie ever give us 'Mum' title, though. I'd be all over it.

The best thing about this current downtime is witnessing how spectactularly awful Datto is at Mario Kart.

There's been some interesting changes this season in terms of the structure and both short & long term gains and I'm a bit undecided on them still.

The obelisks for example, I spent the first few weeks grinding pretty hard through Saint-14 & obelisk bounties to get them all levelled up but as of last weeks reset you can now effectively just buy the levels if you've enough glimmer and sim seed.

Similarly, the seasonal weapons are good but why grind for them when rolls with extra perks only become available at level 92. What's the value of modding the initial seasonal armour when the +60 versions are only available at level 50+? 

It's all fun I guess, but makes me question if it's all worth the effort.

I can't see how it won't, because otherwise you've only got a maximum difference of plus or minus 10. Which isn't really that significant. And they want you to spend time playing the game outside Trials, and not only in raids and other pinnacle activities that require pre-made sixes. Which, if you're not doing them, very much restricts that availability of power over the soft cap.

On the other hand, infinite power differences ceded to complete no-lifer nu-fractaline investors would be... problematic. The opposite of skill-based play. So maybe they'll put a cap on it?

On the other other hand:

34sLHQD.png

So yeah. Dunno.

I'm hoping there's more to Season of the Worthy than just a fuckload of sweaty PvP/Trials - On the other hand, we've had Season of the Drifter, so probably not.

No matter, there's plenty of other games to get stuck into over the next three months. In all honesty, because of the Empyrean Foundation, all I've found myself doing is logging in each week before reset to farm decent rolls for each of the seasonal guns, so it's probably high time to have an extended break.

I appreciate the convenience, but the actual joy of shooting things to get better guns to shoot things just isn't there. And after a couple weeks of stopping the hamster wheel, I don't really feel inclined to keep it going. Which is a shame, as I found that Sundial was the right balance of activity to reward, unlike the extremes of the menagerie during its time in the sun.

• Upvote 2

At the very least, in regards to the idea of 'power level matters', they haven't come up with the idea of capping the light level of most guns, meaning that within 9-12 months you won't be able to use pinnacle weapons you've spent hours to get because of planned obsolesc-

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48758

...oh for fuck's sake, Luke

Ha. I read your comment and immediately thought of D1 vanilla, and all the great weapons from VoG that got left behind as light levels increased in the following DLC, then Bungie relenting and allowing infusion - in a particularly horrible partial way - to bring stuff back up. And then capping that off and raising power again to leave them behind again. And then finally reintroducing those same raid weapons but as exotics from the Y3 challenge raids. And then I read this:

Back to 2014: The Vault of Glass weapons could be memorable because we knew they weren’t going to be in the ecosystem for things like Trials, Nightfalls, and Raids forever. They’d naturally fall by the wayside because Power (Attack/Light in those days) would make them obsolete. [...] Legendary weapons will have fixed values for how high they can be infused. Those values will project the weapon’s viable-in-end-game lifespan and we think that lifespan is somewhere between 9 and 15 months. [...] Changes like this also mean Legendary weapons (or their talents) that would be “shelved” could be reissued at a future date. Or could be brought back in fun ways by involving our community.

All seems a very familiar story. Is there anything new under the Traveller, I wonder sometimes.