rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

Nice idea and cool climax but they stretched it out way too fucking long. Should have been 10-15 minutes tops. Half the people in my Tower instance left long before the Big Bang.

I was watching a stream of some guys that had been up for 48 hours. Their confusion at the end was something to behold.

Bungie are the kings of overhype and then disappoint. That could have been done in 10 minutes with infinitely more impact.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Bungie are the kings of overhype and then disappoint. That could have been done in 10 minutes with infinitely more impact.

two

Is it worth getting back into this? I've not played since the end of Warmind and fancy some casual thrills; my days of Raids and grinding Strikes until 2am are behind me. The DLC pack is on sale right now and I have some PSN credit to boot.

3 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Is it worth getting back into this? I've not played since the end of Warmind and fancy some casual thrills; my days of Raids and grinding Strikes until 2am are behind me. The DLC pack is on sale right now and I have some PSN credit to boot.

I'd say so. It's become a bit stale for those of us that went back to it when the season pass stuff started but of you've not played for a while there's a good chunk of entertainment to be had. Plus the new season starts on Tuesday when we find out where the game is going with the next expansion.

• Upvote 1

I logged in recently and was baffled by everything and switched it off.

It's just too complex these days if you haven't played in a while.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'd say so. It's become a bit stale for those of us that went back to it when the season pass stuff started but of you've not played for a while there's a good chunk of entertainment to be had. Plus the new season starts on Tuesday when we find out where the game is going with the next expansion.

I'll maybe wait until tomorrow in case there's some super duper pack that gets announced, or all the old DLC becomes free, or whatever.

52 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I'm completely new to the game but I'd say yes! I'm halfway through the forsaken campaign, the Reef setting is awesome. 

I just love how easy it is to log on and make the most of 30 minutes with a quick strike, crucible or gambit match (Except for the load times but at least you can sort your equipment upgrades while it loads). It'd be nice if you could pick up bounties remotely rather than wasting time loading into the tower and out again though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spacehost said:

If you got a DLC pack that included Forsaken (which will automatically include the following year’s Annual Pass content too) and Shadowkeep then you’d have a massive amount of some fantastic stuff to play through. The best content that Destiny’s ever had can be found within that lot and would last you months. After I’d finished Forsaken I took a break from the game for the best part of a year and when I came back I had an absolute blast playing through all the stuff I’d missed.

It’s really only the last 9 months or so that have seen the game take a nosedive in quality and player engagement as the seasonal model they’ve been trying has fallen flat on its face, with some very lean content offerings, an egregious cosmetics store and absurdly boring grindfests intended to keep players on the hamster wheel until the next expansion drops in September and we start the cycle anew. Pretty much all the stuff before that was great though.

I’d definitely wait at the very least until the new season drops tomorrow, as you get the currently active season free with Shadowkeep.

They said back in September that Season 11 was when the serious shit was going to go down but I suspect this is more from a narrative point of view and the actual content is likely to be on a par with the last couple, ie - not great. I'm sure most dev is allocated to the Autumn DLC and it's unlikely they'll shoot their load just before that comes. Weapon retirement is also coming in September and they're going to need a whole skip full of new ones when that happens and they'll hopefully be more exciting than the reskins they've been churning out for the last 2 years or what was the point of retiring the old ones.

The fundamental problem is that it's been the same strikes, same crucible, same gambit games in the same places for 3 years now, it's simply just all too familiar. It needs multiple new locations, weapons, new subclass, new enemies, new things to do for it to feel fresh again. They've hinted at D2 being the focus for another 3 years so you hope they have a plan that would be better than just releasing D3. I jumped on again the last few nights just to see if there are exotics quests (there were loads) or any interesting activities (there were none) that I missed. It still has the best feeling of shooting things in gaming and I really hope they can bring the magic back soon.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

The fundamental problem is that it's been the same strikes, same crucible, same gambit games in the same places for 3 years now, it's simply just all too familiar.

I couldn't agree more.

With the season dubbed "Season of The Arrivals", I'm curious as to what else other than the Darkness will be arriving. Hopefully new content will arrive? Seems unlikely, mind, with it preceding the big September annual release.

There are two 'REDACTED' activities listed as reward sources for the new season so there will be something. Just depends whether it is Menagerie good or Bunker bad.

• Upvote 1

So I own vanilla D2. That’s it. What am I going to need to play the new content tonight? Just a season pass? And can I get a monthly version of it rather than having to buy a whole year? 

39 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So I own vanilla D2. That’s it. What am I going to need to play the new content tonight? Just a season pass? And can I get a monthly version of it rather than having to buy a whole year? 

You can either buy the season on its own for around £8.50 or purchase the Shadowkeep expansion (currently £18 in the PSN sale) after 6pm tonight which will also include the current season.

The season will last for 3 months. Then the next big expansion launches in September, most likely.

• Upvote 1

I'm not expecting much from the season transition today but I'm still looking forward to seeing what the dealio with it is.

I'm enjoying following the story but it's so confusing only having started recently doing quests that are for events that are already years out of date, sequencing everything together is like the Da Vinci Code.

Basically the current thing is, Rasputin is operational, big bad triangles are coming, right?

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Basically the current thing is, Rasputin is operational, big bad triangles are coming, right?

Exactly that.

This thread lays out the story over the last year quite succinctly:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I'm enjoying following the story but it's so confusing only having started recently doing quests that are for events that are already years out of date, sequencing everything together is like the Da Vinci Code.

I mean honestly you wouldn't be much better off if you were a day 1 player.

An expansion comparable with Forsaken in terms of size and quality, and them actually being able to do 60fps on the next gen consoles would probably be enough for me to get back into this.

A lot of stuff just happened, holy cow.

DLC Fall launches announced for the next three years. Beyond Light Sept 22 2020, The Witch Queen 2021, Lightfall 2022.

New Dungeon launches at 1am tonight at a high light level requirement.

Definitely no Destiny 3 for the foreseeable, with things coming and going into and out of the Destiny Content Vault, including Vault of Glass coming back in year 4.

New class and elemental type incoming called Stasis. Wield the darkness!

They will support free next gen upgrades in the same console family, including inter generational cross play in the same console family.

Well that was quite a lot to digest.

Details of the next 3 expansions coming over the next 2 years but hardly anything on the new season that’s going to start in literally 20 minutes :lol:

4k/60 on next gen with free upgrade. Would have been uproar if that wasn't the case but nice to have it confirmed. Hope there is an fov slider to bring parity with PC. 

Dungeon looks ace but need a bit of time to level up I think, I'm only lvl 970ish :unsure: