rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny: Content Vault of Gaas

Quite a lot is though.

On September 22, 2020: Io, Titan, Mercury, Mars, and Leviathan will be cycled out and no longer be accessible. 

This includes all PvE activities (including campaigns) on those destinations.

Farewell Asher, best character ever.

Uh...so a new dungeon and a new public event?

See you in September at earliest then :P

2 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Quite a lot is though.

Farewell Asher, best character ever.

So how does that work? Can you not do D2 campaign from Sep as half is missing?

Seems so.

The Arcology's probably my favourite bit of world in D2 vanilla, so that's a shame. I always wanted them to make more use of that space. Maybe one day it'll get spruced up and put back in.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to do the dungeon with chums but guessing so far behind light curve.

And grinding same old activities to get there doesn't feel like it'll appeal

2 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Seems so.

The Arcology's probably my favourite bit of world in D2 vanilla, so that's a shame. I always wanted them to make more use of that space. Maybe one day it'll get spruced up and put back in.

That and the Pyramidion were both stunning. Shame to see them go.

Im surprised at this point the didn't drop the 2 and just call it Destiny: Expansion Title

They explicitly say that, for example, the Curse of Osiris campaign as a whole will be in the Vault, so yes any destinations and missions relating to them will be unplayable.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

They explicitly say that, for example, the Curse of Osiris campaign as a whole will be in the Vault, so yes any destinations and missions relating to them will be unplayable.

Yeah that makes sense when the entire campaign is somewhere - but with Earth and Nessus still in that's half campaign in and half out :P

I haven't played at all for many seasons, but my understanding was that they'd already back-seated the campaign when they went F2P anyway? I guess they figure it's just not important enough 3 years later.

The new dungeon does look stunning

I wonder how much of the "Destiny 2 is too large to efficiently update and maintain!" is to do with the engine which was notoriously bad to work with for Destiny 1. Not sure how much that changed with the sequel but deleting more than half of the current patrol areas and all associated content is pretty major. Weird they skipped over properly announcing that on the live stream.

Yep Dungeon would get me back if chums going and easy loot cycle.

How do they stand removing Mars and Mercuary which were paid dlc?

New dungeon is free for everyone as well, so you don’t need to buy another (potentially) shitty season to enjoy it.

I’m like 960 light, and want to check out the dungeon, what’s the best way to level up fast these days? Raids?

• Upvote 1

Just now, mikeyl said:

I’m like 960 light, and want to check out the dungeon, what’s the best way to level up fast these days? Raids?

If you've got lots of vanguard, gunsmith and crucible tokens, you should be able to make some progress by turning those in. Legendaries have a cap so theoretically.....

I've barely played this year either so can't guarantee this will work. 

54 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

I'm in the same boat. 954 light, just tried the new season's Contact thing (which is pretty good, Gambit without invaders) and it says recommended light is 1020 :unsure:

Yeah it's an open world event which is basically just Gambit, it's fun.

I assume it's more fun if you're not dying every 5 seconds!

So I'm light level 750. And there are loads of icons everywhere. And I haven't played any of the expansions. 

How do I have fun please?

When people said they wanted more vault space, and Bungie thought they meant hard disk space, and decided to vault half the game's actual content instead.

• Upvote 1

Glad I hopped on now so I can, lemme see here, get ganked by stuff 250 light above me while I desperately try to catch up on two years of content before it evaporates.

• Upvote 1

I don't think they can coast along in mediocrity forever, so this way of working has to work.

In a completely un-Bungie like turn of events I've encountered something in the game that it hasn't been explained to me at all! Umbral Engrams. What the hell do I do with these? Google says take them to drifter/use the doodads next to him but they don't do anything with the Engrams. I can't seem to find a quest in my log that kicks off what you're supposed to do with them.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I don't think they can coast along in mediocrity forever, so this way of working has to work.

In a completely un-Bungie like turn if events I've encountered something in the game that it hasn't explained to me at all! Umbral Engrams. What the hell do I do with these? Google says take them to drifter/use the doodads next to him but they don't do anything with the Engrams. I can't seem to find a quest in my log that kicks off what you're supposed to do with them.

There should be a quest, but you probably need to finish his Contact quest first. After that you can use said doodads.

• Upvote 1