rllmuk
MW_Jimmy

Celeste

The final chapter of this game gave me the most "Fuck yeah!" moments in any game for a very long time.

Just love the characters, story, music, the everything :wub:

• Upvote 1

The number of times I thought "Well this is the section that'll I'll never get past" was so many. I always made it through eventually though. Anyone worried about the difficulty should just give it a go, I finished it and I'm shite at stuff like this.

• Upvote 2

I think I'm done with it for now. Loved playing it but not sure I can be arsed with chapter 9. 

Maybe I'll go back to it one day but I'd rather stop now having loved the challenge so far than grow to get fed up with it. 

Spoiler

I got a little way in to a point where you have to collect a double jump then and climb to 3 panels which retract into the electric cloud, climb/jump up a bit and get fling over to another panel on the left (with a Doubke dash refresh). 

Tried it over 30 times and I can feel the growing seed of anger. I did the same thing with Hollow Knight with that but where you have to needle Jump for almost the entire level.

Don't regret this gamer in the slightest though. Beautiful game. Now I think I need to find something a bit more simple!

That was the hardest part of the game for me too. It's crazy.

I YouTubed that section and realised that I had my timings wrong. IIRC it's because the

Spoiler

double jump changes things a bit - your instinct is that you should activate your second jump right at the pinnacle of your first jump to get the furthest jump possible,

but that's not the way to get the quickest, cleanest, furthest jumps.

It still took a lot of tries after watching that video, but I did it within 15mins of figuring out how to do it.

When do you get the double jump? Can you go back to earlier levels with it?

I keep trying to use it even though I don’t have it yet!

You get it in the final chapter, and no - no backtracking but you can always enable repeated uses of the dash in the accessibility menus.

On 08/12/2019 at 01:09, Popo said:

I really regret buying this. It makes Hollow Knight look like a walk in the park by comparison. Sadistic by design, not my idea of fun. 

No idea who this guy is! I reached the summit this evening and really enjoyed it. Collected a respectable 102 strawberries and a pathetic amount of the other stuff, enough to make me satisfied at just over 10 hours on the clock. Some of the pixel-perfect moves towards the end were a bit frustrating but once I stopped treating death as a failure things started to click and I found a good rhythm - it doesn’t really get harder, since each chapter introduces uniques elements and slowly builds up the challenge over the course. I really enjoyed that cadence, as it meant going in to a new chapter felt bold and exciting rather than intimidating - there’s something inviting about the knowledge that the game wants you to build up your experience and knowledge of the stage through trial and error, and that the errors are to be expected and not punished. 

It’s actually the opposite of sadistic. More like a warm hug. 

• Upvote 5