Monthly Release Dates - March 2017 - What are you buying?

gospvg

March 2017

Sources

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/17/games-release-schedule-new-releases-on-xbox-ps3-wii-and-more-350901/

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=690759&articleId=690760&storeId=10151

https://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/release-dates

http://uk.ign.com/games/upcoming?sortBy=releaseDate&sortOrder=asc&filter=latest

1st March

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

3rd March

Nintendo Switch

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU)

Telltale Walking Dead - New Frontier Season Pass Disc (PS4 & XB1)

Valhalla Hills - Definitive Edition (PS4)

Spoiler

7th March

Ghost Recon Wildlands (PC, PS4, XB1)

10th March

Akiba's Beat (Vita/PS4)

Spoiler

Lego Worlds (PC, PS4, XB1)

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (PS4/Vita)

Spoiler

Nier Automata (PS4)

Spoiler

Mario Sports Superstars (3DS)

Spoiler

14th March

Styx Shards of Darkness (PS4/XB1)

Spoiler

17th March

Flatout 4 (PS4/XB1)

Spoiler

21st March

Troll & I (PC/PS4/XB1)

Spoiler

23rd March

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC/PS4/XB1)

28th March

Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City (PC/PS4/XB1) - Digital Only

29th March

Snake Pass (PC/PS4/XB1) - Digital Only

Spoiler

31st March

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 Remix (PS4)

Previous threads

January 2017 https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/296837-january-2017-release-dates-what-are-you-buying/

February 2017 https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/297307-february-2017-release-dates-what-are-you-buying/

Obviously the biggest release this month is Lego Worlds  Nintendo Switch, I'm not buying it on release will wait till later in the year when Mario is released. Lego Worlds I do however have on pre-order & will be getting Mass Effect Andromeda. Ghost Recon, Kingdom Hearts & Horizon Zero Dawn I am sure I will purchase at some point during the year but not on release.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect: Andromeda for sure. I have a Switch pre-order still so Zelda is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to give it the time it deserves so I may cancel it.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is a slim possibility, but unlikely. I'll probably pick up Nier on the PC when it's cheaper. I've technically already bought the Dark Souls 3 DLC so I might have a bash at that but I really couldn't get into the previous DLC so I'm not sure if I'll bother. 

Snake Pass looks intriguing but I know I won't play it enough to justify buying it at launch. I'm still eyeing up Yakuza 0 too!

Yet another month of good games. It's been an absurd year so far - and next month has Persona 5 too so it's not showing any signs of letting up. 

I will get Andromeda, I'm not sure whether to get it on PS4 or PC yet as I dont know if my PC will run it decently. I may have to get a hooky pc copy first to see how it performs.

Wildlands is also tempting.....I'll wait for the reviews though first.

I've wanted Horizon Zero Generic Name since it was first released, but launching two days before a new Nintendo console?  I'll wait until it's £15 in a few months.

So, Zelda, Snipperclips, Snake Pass.  I will no doubt buy some other games that were released a year ago as well.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Definitely Styx: Shards of Darkness for me. Sequel to one of the best "pure" stealthgame in the last decade or so and out on March 14th. Even though @gospvg didn't put it on the list :(

Other than that Nier and Horizon ZD, the Switch will have to wait until it's Mario time.

Sorry took a call & dropped a few titles off the list, have added Styx & a trailer. I think the first title was a PS+ giveaway last year? I've not played it yet.

16 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Sorry took a call & dropped a few titles off the list, have added Styx & a trailer. I think the first title was a PS+ giveaway last year? I've not played it yet.

It was, only the console versions were bogged down with massive loading times. And that's the last thing you want in a traditional stealth game. PC version was great though. Thanks to the success of the first game, they now actually have some kind of budget to make Shards of Darkness and add some polish too. They even went ahead and licensed UE4 which hopefully means it will look better. As a stealth fan I loved the first game, and I have high hopes for this sequel :) Thanks for adding it to the OP!

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

Snake Pass is the game I've been waiting for ever since I retired my 3310.

Ridiculous year for games so far.

Looks really appealing, I agree.

Breath of the Wild for me. Still playing Nioh, so these two will keep me busy for quite some time.

Horizon, Souls 3 DLC and Nier will follow later down the line. Mass Effect Andromeda as well, if it's any good.

Man, Rab Florence isn't kidding.

Nier Automata. That's it.

The combat has already proven itself in the demo, but if the writing, questing and gameworld are as good as the original's, this will be unmissable. Also I'll only have a month to play it before P5 is upon us as well :omg:

I'm hoping that, beyond all expectation that they'd cash in like this, Nintendo will release LTTP on the Switch so I can buy if for the new machine.

Possibly Horizon, but not right away. I went ahead and bought myself a fairly sizeable pile of shame after my missus surprised me with a Bone for Christmas, and I'm much more excited to get tucked into a bunch of Halos, Deus Ex and Dead Rising than to buy anything that's come out this year so far - although judging from this thread, I've already missed out on some special games.

Anyway, Persona 5 is out soon, and without a portable release, I think that will take over my gaming time for the foreseeable future. 

After Jeff and Jim gave HZD those glowing reviews i got really hyped for it and purchased a 70 euro psn card. The last week i've visited the psn store a few times but was never able to pull the trigger on the pre-order. Still expecting it to feel and play like a mix of Far Cry Primal/ TloU and Uncharted. Good games maybe but not my type of games. Undecided, will wait for Rllmuk's reactions. 

Was also interested in Nier but after some time with the demo i've decided to give that a miss as well. Unfortunate side effect of getting older is that i just don't have the time/patience/reflexes to try and get good at platinum style gameplay anymore. It devolved into button mashing and thats no fun.  

I've played Persona 3, FES and 4 but don't feel anything for 5 unfortunately. Still slightly worn on the formula and not overly fond of the new character/ art designs. It seems it's focus has shifted to a more flashy and bombastic experience and i'm just not feeling it yet. 

Thinking about spending my money on NMS instead. Space flight and exploration are right up my alley but held of after the negative buzz surrounding it's release. It's cheap now and seeing some of the GotY mentions posters on here described it as the perfect game to relief some stress after a session of Let it Die or Ace Combat Infinity. 

21 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

1st March

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

23rd March

Mass Effect Andromeda (XB1)

Snap!

Under normal circumstances I'd be getting Nier but it's not going to get a look in between the above two so it'll have to wait.

Will think about a Switch once they actually detail all its features (probably 6 months after launch). Or when Mario comes out.