Do your other halves game ?

Out of curiosity, how many of you have a partner that's in to gaming ? My Mrs is the sort that thinks games are for children and her "gaming" isn't much more than the odd iOS game on her phone.

I can only imagine what it's like to be in a relationship where by your partner is as into gaming as much as you are. My gaming time is fairly limited to when my Mrs is out / busy, do you generally have understanding partners that let you play regularly without much moaning ?

My brother in law and his Girlfriend are as into gaming as each other, they often go off to Games conventions together and spent most nights in gaming together.....is this fairly normal or are they very much a one off ?

So that's my question to you all today, how do you're respective partners feel about your gaming ? Do they they play too ? And more importantly are any of your partners better than you ? 

Nope :omg:

She hates it!

Cue my username getting mentioned at me at least 6 to 8 times a year.

Bless her she does put up with it though?

What we doing this evening? Oh! I've got a Destiny raid attempt with some people from rllmuk.

What we doing at the weekend? Boy's are coming round it's the beginning of the month & it's my turn for poker & video games.

Why have you booked off the 23rd March? Mass Effect is being released so I'm going to play that all day.

:wub: her to bits. 

Nope, she'll play iOS games and some Bejeweled and that is it. Apart from Tetris on the GameBoy, but won't entertain the idea of Puyo Pluto Tetris which is annoying.

However she knows it is something I love so doesn't stop me or try to discourage me from gaming. Which is nice. 

Sadly my mrs isn't into it either, she doesn't even dare try any games! If I don't watch her or if she finds the right minigame to play then that's not too bad. Overall though she's pretty good when it comes to me playing stuff. If she doesn't see me playing anything she'd often ask me why I'm not playing, so I can't complain.

Not really. She played quite a bit of Mario Kart when we first started seeing each other and she'll occasionally get hooked on game on her phone or tablet but isn't a regular gamer. She's isn't at all bothered by my gaming time & expenditure though, and our tastes and interests are converging after 11 years together so there's hope yet.

Just now, Spainkiller said:

fixes the grammatical error yet leaves the space before the question mark lol

Thats not changing, I addressed it in another thread. Done it for years, I'm not changing now, the world will have to accept it.

She doesn't play games at all, no. I play most nights at some point or other too. She doesn't mind. 

She asks ever now and then if I wished she played games and to be honest I'm glad she doesn't. It's my thing, my escspe and I like it that way. 

My mrs plays the usual girly shit like Lego "Insert Title", Just Dance and Little Big Planet, but then also clocks up 100's of hours on Skyrim , finished the Last of Us, and is currently playing ROTR (she like games with bows and arrows, so she's nagging me to buy Horizon next) 

Bit of a pain in the arse actually when you want to get a few hours of Titanfall in (she can't stand watching me play multiplayer games) so take the rough with the smooth, as it were.

My husband plays some COD and driving games but that's about it. Mostly he doesn't have the time/energy but growing up it's not something he was really exposed to.

I think he's mostly happy to let me get on with it coz he can watch all the Fast & Loud, Top Gear and Mythbusters he likes without me acting bored.

We tried some coop Mario and Lego games in the past but I get frustrated with him forgetting the controls and stuff... bad wifey lol.

Nope. She has an abiding love for Leander from her childhood, and she'll happily play the odd lighter game (she finished Monument Valley and we had a lovely time playing through Her Story in a single sitting; oh, and she does enjoy the occasional game of Headmaster on PSVR), but generally she's no interest in the medium. TV, reading, crafts, that's more her thing.