rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

PS+ March 2017 - Disc Jam, Tearaway Unfolded, Lumo, EDF & more

I bought Tearaway unfolded a while back but still haven't played it. Silly me.

Disc Jam looks like it could be a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Disc Jam could be the next Rocket League calling @Theholyhogg

The problem with Disc Jam is that even a slight bit of lag can totally cost you a game. I had that issue on the PC Beta way too much. The timing for getting a perfect throw has to be absolutely precise, if you try to compensate for the lag and press the 'catch' button too early, you put up a shield and the disc pings off you. It's a fun enough game though, it's a good call by Sony to put it there as a PS+ title, that's the best shot that this game has of being anywhere near as successful as Rocket League. I'm hoping that they eventually release it on the Xbox One as well. I don't think I'll pick it up on Steam because most of the fun seems to be when you're playing 2v2. Also, the Disc Jam PC chat makes the Rocket League guys look like such a nice bunch of people.

Tearaway is great, especially if you have kids. Get the PS app and you can import photos into the world, which works really well with the whole paper and card setup. There are occasional moments of head-scratching as you try to work out what it wants you to do, but these are balanced out by sheer charm, polish and ingenuity. It's a bit of a double whammy coming straight after LBP3, perhaps, but it's still a fine game.

They ran a beta for Disc Jam just over a week ago - the controls and rules take a moment to get used to, but games are fast-paced and pretty fun when you're matched with people who have done the tutorial. :) And I enjoyed Tearaway on Vita so I look forward to checking out Unfolded.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

When do we find out the Vita/PS3 titles?

When Sony make the announcement this week or next? or if the info is leaked.

Don't they normally go live on the first Wednesday of the month? That's tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What's the difference between Unfolded and the original Vita game? Loved the original.

I think it's a remake at heart, so presumably much of it will be familiar, but I haven't played the original. They've clearly put PS4-specific effort in, though - some sections use the controller light as a torch, for example, which works well. There's some additional info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tearaway_Unfolded#Development_and_release

• Upvote 1

Here’s the full line-up, available to download on 7th March:

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Disc Jam (PS4)

Lumo (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3)

Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)

Severed (PS Vita)

• Upvote 1

Not a bad month. I'll give Tearaway another go (didn't really think that much of the Vita version), Lumo is great, EDF is amazeballs but I don't know whether I'll play it again after spending about 80 hours on the 360 and PS4 versions. Always wanted to try Severed so pleased with that. 

Edit: Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late has got some really strong reviews so I look forward to giving that a go. 

Slightly disappointed that EDF is the PS3 version, I nearly broke my mouse clicking on the thread in the hope that it might be the PS4 / Vita version.

• Upvote 2

Lumo is totally awesome btw! Love letter to 8-bit isometric adventure games. Totally worth everyone's time! 

This is a great month! 

• Upvote 3

Best month in ages. All six there are great, even though I own quite a few of them on one platform or another.

Tearaway was a joy on Vita so will likely replay with the new content

Disc Jam is Windjammers

EDF is EDF

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late can join my burgeoning list of Visual Novel games

Lumo sits bought and unplayed already

Severed I'm still hoping for a physical release and really want to play so :thumbsup: