Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

What a pile of wank Late Shift is. The video is horribly compressed, it randomly speeds up (presumably when a choice is being loaded bit it still looks awful), acting and writing are mediocre to laughable. I got an ending having only played 11 chapters out of 14 but I consider that an act of mercy upon myself. Come out of the experience appreciating Cage's output just a little more because it's certainly better than this.

Can Gamepass be shared with another account on the same Xbox? As in, could a guest account or another player's account play on my home Xbox without my account being signed in/being the gamertag being played on?  I'm not talking about trying to split the cost and share with a friend down the road or similar.

54 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Can Gamepass be shared with another account on the same Xbox? As in, could a guest account or another player's account play on my home Xbox without my account being signed in/being the gamertag being played on?  I'm not talking about trying to split the cost and share with a friend down the road or similar.

No i don't think so or i can't seem to get it working like that.

However cdkeys are doing an offer where you get a month of game pass for less than a pound if the account has never had gamepass before.

4 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

No i don't think so or i can't seem to get it working like that.

However cdkeys are doing an offer where you get a month of game pass for less than a pound if the account has never had gamepass before.

Amazon are also doing 6 months of GamePass and 6 Months of Live gold for £34.99 

57 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I think so , well it works the way I do it which is as follows

the Xbox One X is my home machine or whatever you call it and I have gamepass

My son has an account and that is also on the box

When it boots up i signout of my gamertage and he signs in to his.

He plays Sea of thieves (on gamepass) and it works even though I am not signed in

I go on my pc sign in as me and play sea of theives (again Gamepass)

And it works. Basically to enable me to play SoT on my PC I have to be signed out of the Xbox. And despite being signed out my son can still play GamePass games on it.

Unless it only works with certain games of course!

Thanks for the replies guys, I bought a year's worth of codes earlier from Amazon and am planning to sit on them until I'm through some of my backlog but occasionally my girlfriend wants to play something - in which case it might be more cost effective to use one of the codes on my account to enable her to play included titles. 

Makes me wonder if there's any reason to not start an account every month, use a £1 code and share it with your main account though. 

13 minutes ago, Clipper said:

You'd have to change the xbox one to have the Gamepass owning tag as the main owner of the machine each time. Does it have a limit for switching "owner" each year?

Yep. 3 switches.

• 2 weeks later...

My gamepass sub runs out today. What's going to happen to the games? I think I've got 3 or 4 downloaded but can't recall exactly which they are (Rime and Super Lucky's Tale are two of them), is there any way of identifying which are which? Doesn't seem to be any way to filter in the games list, this'd be where something like pinning them into their own folder would be useful - which I don't think is possible to do yet is it? 

Anyway, at a guess they'll still be there but just give an error when I try to launch them (that's my PS+ sort of experience with those games), right?

Yeah there’s no way to easily filter but if you try and run the game It’ll pop up saying to insert the disk or buy it from the store. If you renew gamepass or buy outright they start working again. 

New games for July...

JulyNewTitles_XGP_FBTW_062218-hero.png

Abzu – July 1
DiRT 4 – July 1
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – July 1
Fallout 3 – July 1
Human Fall Flat – July 1
Shadow Complex Remastered – July 1
Zombie Army Trilogy – July 1 
Bomber Crew – July 10
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – July 11

Plus, tune into Inside Xbox, July 10 where we’ll reveal another exciting addition to the Xbox Game Pass catalog!
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/27/xbox-game-pass-july-2018/#s444Y3E4zq7tgStp.99

27 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Abzu is a perfect Game Pass game for anyone who hasn't played it yet, just a really chilled experience. Will probably play through it again even though I did it on PS4.

Yeah really happy with that. Been meaning to buy it once I cleared my current pile of shame. 

Also Fallout 3. Played a hour of it on sons xbox and been meaning to go back to it  so it's good to have access to it on mine. 

Vermintide 2 at launch is a good get. I never bothered with the first one even though it was given away with Games with Gold just because of its age. I'm much more likely to try a multiplayer focused game at launch than 2-3 years down the line, and the Left 4 Dead comparisons intrigue me.

Always wanted to give Abzu a shot too so that's a nice bonus.

I bought Dirt 4 for cheap a couple of months ago, played it for a few days but it just made me yearn for Dirt Rally, so I went back to that and haven't touched 4 since.

It wasn't terrible or anything, but it made me realise just how great Dirt Rally really is.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

They're essentially entirely different game series really.  Much like when they called the Project Cars predecessors "Need for speed" for no readily definable reason.

Brand awareness is the easily definable reason, NFS is well known, much like Dirt or Gran Turismo or Forza. And all have had games created which aren't the same as the base brand they use. NFS started off life as a more realistic sim-style game, so that sub-series is probably closer in spirit to the original than most of the mainline branded entries actually :P

On 27/06/2018 at 15:04, Revival said:

New games for July...

JulyNewTitles_XGP_FBTW_062218-hero.png

Abzu – July 1
DiRT 4 – July 1
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – July 1
Fallout 3 – July 1
Human Fall Flat – July 1
Shadow Complex Remastered – July 1
Zombie Army Trilogy – July 1 
Bomber Crew – July 10
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – July 11

Plus, tune into Inside Xbox, July 10 where we’ll reveal another exciting addition to the Xbox Game Pass catalog!
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/27/xbox-game-pass-july-2018/#s444Y3E4zq7tgStp.99

games are up

really enjoyed what I played of Human Fall Flat so far

eurogamer wrote a feature on it earlier this year

21 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I think it might be time for me to finally use my gamepass trial. 

I've a code for a month if you'd like it. It only works for people that have never used GamePass, including any kind of trial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST