IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Hypnospace Outlaw is a new level of bizarre. What should be a chore (scanning through webpages for illicit content) is made all the more interesting with the weird retro 90's Geocities amateurish look and feel of everything. Low resolution images, gawdy flashing logos, mismatched fonts, terrible MIDI style music. There is almost a creepy vibe to the whole thing. 

There appear to be hundreds of pages of stuff to sift through as well, will see how long it lasts before I burn out on it.

On 03/09/2020 at 06:59, Jg15 said:

So what is "We Happy Few" actually like? The premise looks interesting but I hear it has mixed reviews?

Very strange.  It's a complete mess structurally because of the changes during development but also unique.  Recommend dialling down the survival aspects in the settings and just relaxing into the trip. I really enjoyed it for all its faults  and it's probably been patched since then. 

5 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Hypnospace Outlaw is a new level of bizarre. What should be a chore (scanning through webpages for illicit content) is made all the more interesting with the weird retro 90's Geocities amateurish look and feel of everything. Low resolution images, gawdy flashing logos, mismatched fonts, terrible MIDI style music. There is almost a creepy vibe to the whole thing. 

There appear to be hundreds of pages of stuff to sift through as well, will see how long it lasts before I burn out on it.

48 minutes for me

I've heard Hypnospace Outlaw compared favourably to games like Tell Her in terms of unconventional storytelling in games, so it seems like there is more of a narrative hook there then I originally thought. Can definitely see the potential, uncovering dodgy low-res video clips in the dark web and whatnot. Having played it for a couple of hours last week though, I haven't had any burning desire to go back to it while I'm still trawling around finding copyright infringements and the like.

14 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I'm with you there - I played for about an hour and was on edge the entire time - noped out of this exactly as I did with Amnesia, Alien Isolation and pretty much every horror game since about Resi Evil 4.

You should try it in VR noped out of it soon as I got pinned to a wall. Fuck that shit. 

4 minutes ago, flight said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before but what's the longest period you can stack live gold?

Figure I may as well take advantage of the upgrade offer soon as I plan on getting a Series X. 

36 months. But keep one month off if necessary for your free month. You might want to do it sooner rather than later: who knows how long the current offer will last.

22 minutes ago, flight said:

Thanks, that's my thinking with the console out in a couple of months.

When you say 'keep one month off' do you mean I need to do the free month first or that I'd just lose the free month by upgrading instantly?

You get the free month from turning on auto renew.

Game Pass Ultimate now comes with EA Play - Both Console and PC.

Note that this isn't EA Origin Access Premier or whatever the hell they're calling it now - This is basically EA's archive, and all newer EA games (spoilers: all the new FIFA/Sports games) are 10 hour trials and such with very few exceptions (like Rocket Arena). You'll still have to sign up to the Origin-only plan if you want everything unlimited.

On the other hand: Titanfall 2 and all the NFS games.

4 minutes ago, Siri said:

Game Pass Ultimate now comes with EA Play - Both Console and PC.

Note that this isn't EA Access or whatever the hell they're calling it now - This is basically EA's archive, and all newer EA games (spoilers: all the new FIFA/Sports games) are 10 hour trials and such with very few exceptions (like Rocket Arena).

On the other hand: Titanfall 2 and all the NFS games.

From the link:

Formerly known as EA Access and Origin Access

5 minutes ago, Halo said:

From the link:

Yeah, apologies. the description of 10 Hour Trials still fits in line with the standard EA Play (which is only available on Consoles anyway), and not EA Pro (Previously known as Origin Access Premier) which has unlimited access to every game at release. I've only ever used Origin Access Premier, hence the confusion.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.567a2467030ffb205af6c9f0ab3a5de2.png