Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

How is in the first post of this thread.

Monster Train is also on PC Game Pass, as is Among Us.

Oh for fuck... I just bought this on Switch the other day. :wacko:

Ive got a lot to learn about How to Game Pass, clearly. 

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

Oh for fuck... I just bought this on Switch the other day. :wacko:

Ive got a lot to learn about How to Game Pass, clearly. 

:) Always check GP first.... Found many indie titles I was going to buy on the Switch were on GP. It's saved me a small fortune. No longer have a Switch either. :D

6 hours ago, deerokus said:

One of the squad members in that Gears 5 DLC has the worst 'Scottish' accent since Hydrophobia. It's almost game-breaking. 

Just get a Scottish actor if you're going to try that, developers. 

First thing I noticed. And he's a main character that's there the entire game. 

Happens way too often in games. 

Is Superhot Mind Control Delete going to be okay as an introduction to the series if I haven't played the first game?

I've read a few comments elsewhere about how it mixes up the formula so it's more roguelike and less a set of linear puzzles and encounters, and that it's going to be confusing if I haven't played the original. Or that the original is better to start out with before Mind Control Delete expands and changes the formula. 

Quick question in readiness for my Series S arriving. I have an old Xbox account that hasn't been used in 6 or so years but previously had an Xbox Live subscription. Will the Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate trick work on this account or will I need to create a new one?

2 minutes ago, RadgyAdgy said:

Quick question in readiness for my Series S arriving. I have an old Xbox account that hasn't been used in 6 or so years but previously had an Xbox Live subscription. Will the Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate trick work on this account or will I need to create a new one?

The 99p trick only turns into a 10.99 trick so it depends how attached you are to the old account.

17 minutes ago, RadgyAdgy said:

The only question with the 99p change is “have you bought games pass before”. If not, golden.

30 minutes ago, RadgyAdgy said:

I was in exactly the same boat and the £1 trick worked fine with my old account. As footle says, the only thing that affects it is whether you’ve bought GP before.

50 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What's the best GP game to show off the grunt of the XSX? Mine's arriving tomorrow and I need to play something that's going to justify the expense :lol:

Forza Horizon 4, even though it's two years old now? I've played Gears 5 already.

To be fair not much at the moment other than what you have mentioned!

Games that have been enhanced for S/X have a logo in the bottom right of the tile in GamePass. What you will find is games have auto HDR applied and everything is just fluid and smooth.

It's very much a machine of the future at the moment in terms of things that demonstrate to the power of the box. The Medium in January is the first game exclusive to the S/X console hardware ( on PC too though and currently available for pre-load BTW!).

It's just nice to have a fast solid system that you can pretty much play anything Xbox on.

5 minutes ago, Simmy said:

What MattyP said - I'd bounced off my One X in recent times but since getting a Series X I don't think I've played a console more!

Indeed I've finished 5 games in one month. That hasn't happened for a long while. It's just so fast and convenient.

Not particularly taxing games I have to say just lovely chill out games. Really enjoyed Knights and Bikes and Call Of The Sea for example. 

Oh and Tetris Effect : Connected is amazing. Especially with a pair of headphones on. 

5 hours ago, RadgyAdgy said:

I was in exactly your situation. XBL Gold on 360, shipped Xbox on the last gen entirely. I paid £1 to convert 3 years of XBLG to GPU.

11 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What's the best GP game to show off the grunt of the XSX? Mine's arriving tomorrow and I need to play something that's going to justify the expense :lol:

Forza Horizon 4, even though it's two years old now? I've played Gears 5 already.

I think Forza Horizon 4 is the best all round showcase for the S and X. Looks lovely, 60fps, and if you’ve played it on last gen, the difference the SSD makes is unreal.

Gears 5 is pretty, and probably the best graphical showcase on the system, but dull as dishwater. 

Halo MCC is all 120fps, if you want to give that a go. It’s nice, but not earth shattering. Siege and Gears 5 multiplayer also do 120fps. 

Rocket League and Fortnite are both S|X enhanced and free without Game Pass - both also do 120fps, I think (RL definitely does). 

Destiny 2 at 60fps is pretty nice. Crucible is also 120fps. 

Call of the Sea is S|X enhanced, a lovely experience and beautiful, but runs on Unity so not exactly a technical showcase. You should still play it, though. 

18 hours ago, carlospie said:

All those ps5 owners sat with their completed 65 quid copies of demon souls and spidey. Whilst we are drowning in awesome new games. Muabahajaajahhahahajahaahhaaa

Was going to get a PS5. Been using GamePass on the PC instead and it's made me lean more towards going X-Box next year.

Others have pointed this out already but Monster Train really is superb. Slay the Spire fans will be in raptures. It's maybe not quite as slick as that game (the presentation, just in terms of little things like the fonts used, could do with some work) but the game itself is great. Even after a few games I'm starting to come up with outrageous combinations and I've still got the bulk of the cards to unlock. Definitely find the time to check it out and see if it's your sort of thing.

Yeah, seconded. I started playing last night and although it took me half an hour to understand how to play, it soon sank its teeth into me! It takes elements from Slay the Spire, some Darkest Dungeon, a little bit of Magic: The Gathering and adds in a bit of a tower defence vibe. Those fonts though :huh: