IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, Mogster said:

I'm not buying any Ubisoft games until they demonstrate that they've actually addressed their harassment situation, and would be quite uncomfortable to find that my Game Pass money is heading their way.

Well it's not like it's you're going to pay more if it happens and why shouldn't other people benefit from more games?

6 hours ago, Mogster said:

I'm not buying any Ubisoft games until they demonstrate that they've actually addressed their harassment situation, and would be quite uncomfortable to find that my Game Pass money is heading their way.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Well it's not like it's you're going to pay more if it happens and why shouldn't other people benefit from more games?

I can't speak for Mogster but I know I'd be uncomfortable with knowing I was still giving money to Ubisoft albeit through a third party. But this debate should be continued in the Ubisoft thread rather than derail this.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

I never said they shouldn't, and I'm not worried about spending more money. I'd be concerned about the money I'm already spending ending up in Ubisoft's pockets.

Few games I've managed to finish since getting my Series S and Game Pass:

State of Decay 2

Big fan of this. There's definitely areas for improvement with presentation and there's probably a touch too much busywork, but overall I loved how freeform it is and also how short it is! It's extremely replayable with its different maps and difficulty settings and I'll 100% be going back. Also while the visuals are functional for the most part, 60fps makes a huge difference in immersion and quality of life. To the extent that I feel like I can't play 30fps anymore. 8.5/10

Nier Automata

My second attempt after bouncing off it the first time and I managed to finish it this time, with all main endings. I definitely enjoyed aspects of it including its ambition, how original it is and its smooth gameplay, but overall I was pretty disappointed. The music is very decent but grates, there are too many pointless drawn out bits, but worst of all despite having the skeleton of a really excellent battle system it's massively undercooked. 95% of the game can be beaten by spamming the same moves over and over, and in giving the player infinite healing items the battles are only further unbalanced. I tried to mix up the weapons I used and forced myself to use different moves etc but it all felt a bit futile. The last couple of hours were genuinely great (despite my issues) but I'm not sure it felt worth getting there. 7/10

Destiny 2

I use the term "finish" loosely because you never finish Destiny 2 of course, but my stats show I've played 47 hours which I couldn't believe. Time just melts when playing it. I finished the campaign for Beyond Light and have played quite a bit of the Post Game stuff to get to 1220ish light. Anyway, I've really loved almost every second. My original impression of Destiny way back when was an underbaked game with horrible bullet sponge enemies and whilst the latter still has a place at times (although more powerful weapons with limited ammo help with the issue a lot), nobody could argue the former - the game is extremely polished and full of content. Biggest negative is how impenetrable it can feel at times, even now. 8.5/10

57 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Did you play all these in single player @Timmo?

I get put off the ones that look like they should be coop. 

Yeah single player. Destiny has some matchmaking for maybe a 10th of the campaign and for most of the post game stuff, but it's all really painless. Basically you're put in a team of three for about 20 mins at a time, and it works flawlessly.

20 hours ago, Popo said:

Not unreasonable advice, which he has done. I think I was just looking for reassurance that they’re not scamming him, or that he’s not done something wrong. I’m pretty sure some other people in the thread had similar experiences, albeit the forum’s usually fantastic search feature wasn’t able to find those posts. 

Sorry, reply was a little too flippant!

Has he tried using another browser?

10 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Sorry, reply was a little too flippant!

Has he tried using another browser?

Not at all! The code appeared today... 3 days after purchase, immediate delivery my ass!

I’d recommend the first post be updated with alternative places to buy Live subs, CD Keys seem to have employed sloths to deliver their codes. 

I bought a digital game code from them last week and it truly was immediately delivered - god only knows what’s wrong with their Live codes, but I wouldn’t recommend them to prospective buyers. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Yeah single player. Destiny has some matchmaking for maybe a 10th of the campaign and for most of the post game stuff, but it's all really painless. Basically you're put in a team of three for about 20 mins at a time, and it works flawlessly.

I'm gonna give state of decay a go based on this thanks! 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Not at all! The code appeared today... 3 days after purchase, immediate delivery my ass!

I’d recommend the first post be updated with alternative places to buy Live subs, CD Keys seem to have employed sloths to deliver their codes. 

I bought a digital game code from them last week and it truly was immediately delivered - god only knows what’s wrong with their Live codes, but I wouldn’t recommend them to prospective buyers. 

Good to hear it's sorted.

I bought PSN and Xbox credit from them on Christmas Eve and the codes were quickly delivered. Not having a response to emails and not getting the codes swiftly though would definitely sour the experience.

On 29/12/2020 at 12:08, Popo said:

A friend has decided to get a Series S and I was looking for some co-op games we might play together. Moving Out looks quite anarchic in an Overcooked kind of a way, and I really want to try Sea of Thieves and Grounded. Does anyone have a strong recommendation? My friend isn’t well versed in shooting games, although we probably will try Halo. 

Sea of thieves is great. You can take it as you like and it's a nice hang out

1 minute ago, Unofficial Who said:

Is it worth playing singleplayer? Possibly a dumb question I know.

Yup. Brilliant game in single and exceptional if you get a good group together which is easy given the high number of players on line between the xbox and PC.