Jump to content

Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST


Harsin
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting this month’s Slay the Spire quest? You have to slay 21 enemies, but I’ve just done two runs and it’s still saying I’m on 0/21.

 

Are you doing it on console? It's one of those games that's on both PC and console but the two versions are completely separate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Benny said:

 

You know, for some reason in my brain I had completely made up the info that Curse of the Dead Gods was DLC for Dead Cells.

 

I have seen people compare Dead Cells to Hades unfavourably though, for some reason.

No it's literally the other way round, CotDG has Dead Cells dlc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Benny said:

 

You know, for some reason in my brain I had completely made up the info that Curse of the Dead Gods was DLC for Dead Cells.

 

I assumed it was as well, the promo image that I saw for it made it look very much like it was an add on for the latter, not the former, which is the actual situation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Benny said:

Yeah there's nothing "cheap" about Dead Cells. It's an extremely polished game.

I know this was an error but I just want to plug Dead Cells again, any excuse. If anyone is yet to try it, it kinda feels like a platformer on the Amiga or something, if you can imagine devs ordinarily had the whole HAM palette available to them. I eventually had to stop as I just reached my skill limit, which again isn't far removed from how 8/16bit games went. But I could have paid for that and totally had my money's worth, as did my kids.

 

Lap it up on GP before it disappears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi folks, just a quick one.

 

looking to venture into the world of game pass for the first time (normally always been on PS formats) but what’s the best/cheapest way to get started on game pass?

 

basically, are there any deals or should I just jump into the £7.99 pm deal? 
 Should say, I only want to play the games, no online or pc so the Xbox only version is perfect for me. 
 

thanks :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ridgeracer said:

Hi folks, just a quick one.

 

looking to venture into the world of game pass for the first time (normally always been on PS formats) but what’s the best/cheapest way to get started on game pass?

 

basically, are there any deals or should I just jump into the £7.99 pm deal? 
 Should say, I only want to play the games, no online or pc so the Xbox only version is perfect for me. 
 

thanks :) 

Have a butcher’s at the first post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a way to update games on this? I've been playing Fallout 76 on PC and Bethesda launched a server-side update for it yesterday. The problem is I now can't connect because it says my client is out of date, and I don't see any way within the XBox app to update it. I read around on Google for a bit and it suggests updating Fallout through the MS Store - but I don't see an option for it there, either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Is there a way to update games on this? I've been playing Fallout 76 on PC and Bethesda launched a server-side update for it yesterday. The problem is I now can't connect because it says my client is out of date, and I don't see any way within the XBox app to update it. I read around on Google for a bit and it suggests updating Fallout through the MS Store - but I don't see an option for it there, either. 

 

First thing I'd do is hard reset the Xbox by holding the power button. That fixes 90% of broken shit. Second would be deleting and redownloading the stupid amount of data it takes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, moosegrinder said:

 

First thing I'd do is hard reset the Xbox by holding the power button. That fixes 90% of broken shit. Second would be deleting and redownloading the stupid amount of data it takes.

I'm on PC - but restarting doesn't seem to have any effect. I guess uninstall/reinstall is my only option, only its 70+GB so was looking for alternatives first - plus no guarantee it will work if it just re-installs the old version!

My feeling is that MS hasn't updated the client that is provided to Game Pass subscribers, and I may just have to wait for them to do so - anyone know if this is a regular issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

I'm on PC - but restarting doesn't seem to have any effect. I guess uninstall/reinstall is my only option, only its 70+GB so was looking for alternatives first - plus no guarantee it will work if it just re-installs the old version!

My feeling is that MS hasn't updated the client that is provided to Game Pass subscribers, and I may just have to wait for them to do so - anyone know if this is a regular issue?

 

Sorry I forget game pass is on PC. People have had updating woes with the client before in this thread. It's such a fucking lottery 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing a bit of Omno over the last couple of days and it turned out to be a tad more interesting than the impression I got from playing the first 10 minutes. 

Is it me or does it struggle on the Series X? More often than not the frame rate seems to take massive hits, possibly down in the low 20s. It never seems to hit full 60 fps either, or at least very rarely. 

I'm enjoying the game overall but the performance hits takes away from the immersion for me :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lumines is on there today, I just had a go via xcloud but it was a bit too laggy once it got going.

 

But! It wasn't at all the game I was expecting. I thought I'd played it on the DS but it wasn't this - it was vaguely similar but it was about dragging blocks up and down vertical columns to make patterns and destroy sets. It had a space/rockets theme. What was it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Darren said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting this month’s Slay the Spire quest? You have to slay 21 enemies, but I’ve just done two runs and it’s still saying I’m on 0/21.

I streamed it last night and it was ok, only done 11/21 so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/08/2021 at 10:57, Benny said:

 

You know, for some reason in my brain I had completely made up the info that Curse of the Dead Gods was DLC for Dead Cells.

 

I had too though I know why I'd thought it and perhaps this was why you did too:

 

582691819_Screenshot2021-08-05134200.jpg.fb045675477602f099e9c1bb4bdb1c91.jpg

:wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darren said:

 

That's the one! Thank you. I wonder why I got them mixed up. It turns out I've never played Lumines despite apparently going years thinking I had.

Both made by Q Entertainment and released in a similar timeframe (Lumines end of 2004 and Meteos early 2005). At the time they were always compared, as Lumines was a PSP exclusive to start with and Meteos was for the DS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ridgeracer said:


thanks 

 

don’t think I can manage three years of gold up front so I’ll just do £7.99pm for now, and see how much I enjoy it :) 

Bear in mind that you can use cheap foreign Gold membership (think it's typically around £24-£25 / year). That'll save you a good amount. Would be a shame to miss out on / not make the most of the (insanely good value) £1 deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Both made by Q Entertainment and released in a similar timeframe (Lumines end of 2004 and Meteos early 2005). At the time they were always compared, as Lumines was a PSP exclusive to start with and Meteos was for the DS. 


That explains it, I think I thought they were both basically the same game.

 

Anyway, now I have two controllers, can anyone recommend any local multiplayer games on Game Pass? Co-op or versus, I don’t mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rayn said:

I've been playing a bit of Omno over the last couple of days and it turned out to be a tad more interesting than the impression I got from playing the first 10 minutes. 

Is it me or does it struggle on the Series X? More often than not the frame rate seems to take massive hits, possibly down in the low 20s. It never seems to hit full 60 fps either, or at least very rarely. 

I'm enjoying the game overall but the performance hits takes away from the immersion for me :( 

First thing I did in the game, and always do as I'm sad, is turn around walk in the opposite direction to where the camera sets you off to. There might be something there! It started really chugging along slowly. 

 

After that, as long as I'm where I'm meant to be it seems to hold up. But get to the edges and it gets sketchy. Really weird since there is less stuff there on screen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.