Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

24 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Hades is out on GP today! It's a must for anyone who hasn't played it yet, especially if you like the genre and even if you're not into the genre there's a chance you'll like this one. 

Yeah it didn't appeal to me at all but given how much the fans love it of course I'm going to give it a try.

Just like I'd have played and probably enjoyed Returnal on gamepass but fuck paying £70 for it.

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah it didn't appeal to me at all but given how much the fans love it of course I'm going to give it a try.

Just like I'd have played and probably enjoyed Returnal on gamepass but fuck paying £70 for it.

I hate Rougelikes and usually get as far as that word, or the word prcedural, before swiftly moving on when browsing GamePass, but I really enjoyed Hades.

Hades is one of the best games I've ever played. Everyone should try it! I'm definitely going to install it - even if I don't commit to starting again properly from scratch, I can't wait to see that gorgeous art in 4K.

1 minute ago, Eighthours said:

Hades is one of the best games I've ever played. Everyone should try it! I'm definitely going to install it - even if I don't commit to starting again properly from scratch, I can't wait to see that gorgeous art in 4K.

If they do cross play between the xbox and Switch versions, then I'm in, have put plenty of time in on the Switch but there was only pc / epic cross save last time I loked :(

6 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I'm in the really dislike Stardew Valley lonely section of the Venn diagram. Just so much busywork, the rewards of which are the ability to automate that busywork.

The rewards of automating the so called busywork is that you get to focus on the other aspects of the game, as the dungeon exploring, socializing, marriage, exploring the tropical island and solving the mysteries found there, finding Mr Qi, finding the witch and solving a fair few of the riddles you unveil by delving deeper into the lore. 

28 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Hades is tomorrow I believe. 

19 minutes ago, Popo said:

Hades is tomorrow, but thanks for the reminder @Rayn, I’m preinstalling now! 

Oh, sorry guys. I thought it was today for some reason. Makes sense that it goes live on a friday, really. 

Just now, Rayn said:

The rewards of automating the so called busywork is that you get to focus on the other aspects of the game, as the dungeon exploring, socializing, marriage, exploring the tropical island and solving the mysteries found there, finding Mr Qi, finding the witch and solving a fair few of the riddles you unveil by delving deeper into the lore. 

Are you trying to explain why I'm wrong for disliking something?

7 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

If they do cross play between the xbox and Switch versions, then I'm in, have put plenty of time in on the Switch but there was only pc / epic cross save last time I loked :(

Your save carries over between the Xbox, PC and Cloud versions but not the Switch or Epic version :( 

8 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

It's pretty unfortunate that it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I adored Hades but I don't want to pick up from my Switch save - I want to start it all over again, but this time in glorious 4K with achievements!

It's one of the best games I've ever played - it's a essential purchase.

Just now, therearerules said:

Are you trying to explain why I'm wrong for disliking something?

Not really, I'm only trying to explain that there's more to the game than the job like structure of the game which is not very rewarding in the early stages of the game.

Overall it's a fairly slow paced game that demands the player to put in a lot of hours before it really opens up and I'm fully aware that this structure isn't for everyone. 

As I told in a previous post I had the same experience as you the first time I tried it and it was by chance I gave it another go a full year later and I'm happy I did as it clicked with me on the second attempt at getting into it. 

There's plenty of games that receive high praise on this forum that I've never seen the appeal of but luckily for us gamers there are so many new games released these days there's plenty to enjoy for us all. 

Just now, Boothjan said:

I adored Hades but I don't want to pick up from my Switch save - I want to start it all over again, but this time in glorious 4K with achievements!

It's one of the best games I've ever played - it's a essential purchase.

Yes, even if the saves did carry over I'd be starting again! It's just that good.

Just tried out Art of rally, nice surprise. Very pick up and play but isn't as easy as you first think. Great feeling when you nail a drift and hit a jump spot on. Can see there has been alot of love gone into it.

This is what Game Pass needs more of, these arcadey style quick pick up and play games. 

Played a bit of Art of Rally. I dont get the love. The handling felt really poor. Will stick with it though (i only played 10 mins)

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

Played a bit of Art of Rally. I dont get the love. The handling felt really poor. Will stick with it though (i only played 10 mins)

Don't use the fwd cars, they are the devil in this game. Keep with rwd cars. I'm liking the das 220 ATM. Just be careful with the throttle in and out of the corners otherwise this game will punish you 

57 minutes ago, Darren said:

Anyone starting Hades for the first time should check out @robdood's beginner's guide video here:

I actually disagree. Go in blind. Refer to those videos only if you start getting stuck or lost.

I'm really not knocking those videos, but it's just the game is structured so exceptionally well for self discovery, and you'll only get that sense of surprise and wonder once.

2 minutes ago, Benny said:

I actually disagree. Go in blind. Refer to those videos if you start getting stuck or lost.

I'm really not knocking those videos, but just the game is structured exceptionally well for self discovery.

Yeah, play, and use the mirror to the top of your bedroom.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

I actually disagree. Go in blind. Refer to those videos only if you start getting stuck or lost.

I'm really not knocking those videos, but it's just the game is structured so exceptionally well for self discovery, and you'll only get that sense of surprise and wonder once.

Fair enough, this is a good point.

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

I'm in the really dislike Stardew Valley lonely section of the Venn diagram. Just so much busywork, the rewards of which are the ability to automate that busywork.

Pull up a seat, I’ll put the kettle on. 

2 hours ago, therearerules said:

I’m right with you, just never caught the buzz, and I tried after paying full whack for it. 

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST