Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

4 hours ago, Plissken said:

Omno is rather relaxing fun. Beautiful graphics too.

It is. Started last night with my lad, thought it would be a good way to unwind. Until I commented that the character's head looks like an onion and then he giggled the whole time, spotting all sorts of other vegetables.

Rather took the relaxing edge off it.

6 hours ago, Gabzy said:

Started and completed Boyfriend Dungeon yesterday. It’s really good fun!

Did you just stick with the one sword? I've been playing for about the same amount of time and I feel I'm only halfway through. But I have been playing the field, dating several swords at the same time. They seem cool with it.

55 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Did you just stick with the one sword? I've been playing for about the same amount of time and I feel I'm only halfway through. But I have been playing the field, dating several swords at the same time. They seem cool with it.

I watched my OH play through and she maxed all but 2 and that's because she didn't find one until shed finished it and the other kind of went away.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

I played the field until about level 3 with all of them, then stuck through until max level with 1, then went back and maxed levels with all before ‘finishing’ the main story.

2 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

I played the field until about level 3 with all of them, then stuck through until max level with 1, then went back and maxed levels with all before ‘finishing’ the main story.

I guess I'm just being slow, then. Not sure what it is. When someone says a game takes four or five hours to beat, I have to double that. :lol:

6 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I guess I'm just being slow, then. Not sure what it is. When someone says a game takes four or five hours to beat, I have to double that. :lol:

😂 not sure. Are you swapping weapons on each Dunj level once you’re reached max love for their level? That’s something that helped me speed up the process a lot.

2 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

😂 not sure. Are you swapping weapons on each Dunj level once you’re reached max love for their level? That’s something that helped me speed up the process a lot.

Yeah, I think I've figured that out now. It doesn't seem too grindy once you get into it.

Fucking hell, I think I asked if Art of Rally didnt seem a bit  difficult to control earlier in here, what with the perspective etc.

But Christ, it's fucking amazing.

Best rally game I've played since Dirt 2.0. The controls makes so much sense once you've gone through the menus and got  them set up for yourself.

Loving the shit out of it.

I tried Art of Rally today, I'm not sure.  It was ok, but a little meh.  I did a few stages - I'll try a few more, but it didn't grab me.  It's nicely presented and stuff, but the control scheme wasn't clicking with me

49 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

[foundational genre behind huge swathes of modern gaming] games should just be banned. There has never been a decent one of them. Stop trying to make them.  That would be my first order as US President. 

It's a compelling argument.

Oh man, I think everyone just needs to find the right set up for it before it reveals itself. There's definitely a sweet spot there, it just takes a little time and experimentation to find it.

I was expecting a nightmare of control options, but it turned out otherwise.

@deerokus

5 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Hades is even worse than I remembered.

Roguelike games should just be banned. There has never been a decent one of them. Stop trying to make them.  That would be my first order as US President. 

Roguelikes have always existed, they used to be called arcade games. 

26 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Really loving Hades and have had a lot of fun with Minecraft Dungeons recently. Is there anything else on GP in the same vein that I should have a look at? 

If you’ve never played Dead Cells I would highly recommend it, similar tone to Hades but it’s a side-on 2D platform-hacker, and it’s excellent, IMO just as good as Hades, better in some ways. 

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST