Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST

Harsin

Downloaded Warhammer Vermintide 2 just to see what it was like, never even heard of it.

This seems like a perfect match for my co-op fridays, it’s basically L4D with swords and bows. Can’t believe I never knew this game existed.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

Has anyone played Recompile? I had a quick go before Psychonauts 2 pulled me in, and it didn't really grab me. Is it worth going back to?

It drew me in enough to complete it before Psychonauts 2 came out. It's pretty short and it's not really a Metroidvania as it's described but I thought it had a good aesthetic and you get pretty powerful pretty quickly.

Spoiler

The slo-mo power both ruins the game and makes it essential to use.

Grow Home was the closest game I could think of in terms of that dynamic.

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

Downloaded Warhammer Vermintide 2 just to see what it was like, never even heard of it.

This seems like a perfect match for my co-op fridays, it’s basically L4D with swords and bows. Can’t believe I never knew this game existed.

How does it compare with World War Z? I’m a bit cool on that one, and my friend didn’t take to it, so I’m hoping it’s a bit better. 

Basically, what is the best L4D-like on the games pass?

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

How does it compare with World War Z? I’m a bit cool on that one, and my friend didn’t take to it, so I’m hoping it’s a bit better. 

Basically, what is the best L4D-like on the games pass?

I would actually say that Warhammer knocks both World War Z and Back 4 Blood out of the water. 
It’s easy to get into, challenging, has an interesting loot system and a good humour.

I’ve yet to play it long enough to find out how the longevity is, but so far I’m quite impressed. 

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Signs of the Soujourner has got massive praise. I got it as part of the Itch.io Black Lives Matter megabundle but never got round to playing it.

I got it in the same bundle - it's good and the design is clever but I found the tone of it all a bit off-putting after a while. It's so hipsterish and pleased with itself all the time. And the graphical style is an acquired taste, that I didn't really acquire. It'll certainly find an audience, though.

Been meaning to play Signs of the Soujorner for ages so having it on the Xbox will be handy, especially if there's play anywhere support.

Does anyone know if Nuclear Throne on console will have the 60fps patch? Easily rivals Hades for the title of best action roguelike IMO - no story and ultra low production values, but it plays beautifully.

7 minutes ago, Mallet said:

For games like FF xiii that come to game pass, do the publishers tend to put the sequels on special offer? 

XIII-2 and XIII-3 are slated to hit game pass at some point too. I'm not sure what happened with the FF line-up on there, everything took way longer than expected to roll out and they've already started taking the PS1 era games off before they've finished putting everything up.

I love Signs of the Sojourner, but then I love my artsy/hipster/"smug" stuff so I would. A nice, unique setting and willingness to throw the player into it and have them learn its intricacies through experience and repeat plays rather than infodump appealed to me.

is there any where that will tell you what game updates do?

I just went to continue playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice only to be met with a 4.58th update. I only downloaded the game last night so i assume this must be a patch released today?

5 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Craftopia is actually supposed to be pretty good, which I'm only posting as an excuse to link the hilarious trailer to their next game:

:lol:

Breath of the Poké-Fortnitedew Valley. 

1 hour ago, Mallet said:

is there any where that will tell you what game updates do?

I just went to continue playing Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice only to be met with a 4.58th update. I only downloaded the game last night so i assume this must be a patch released today?

• Harsin changed the title to Xbox Game Pass - GUIDE TO BEST DEAL IN FIRST POST